Gabe Newell in the spotlight

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Gabe Newell was spotted at GDC 2012 and he did a little video for Intel. It was mostly a promotion for Sandy Bridge, but a couple of things from Valve were confirmed for this year:
  • They will be releasing the new 10' Steam UI - aka "Big Picture Mode"
  • Dota 2 will be released
To make the video interesting, Gabe took a stab at Half-Life fans, too. He wore a baseball cap with the name "Parsifal" stitched on the front. A quick Google search of the term reveals that "Parsifal" is an opera in THREE acts, and it took TWENTY-FIVE years for the creator to finish working on it. Oh, Gabe... I hope we don't have to wait that long for Episode 3.

And in a separate podcast, Mr. Newell appeared on the show Geek a Week. This was more of a Larry King-style interview and was about getting inside the thoughts and ideas behind the man. Also, Len Peralta, the show's host who also happens to be an artist, has made a trading card depicting Gabe in a scene from the movie Pulp Fiction.

Here's the render:

gabe-newell-geek-a-week.jpg

The audio recording of the interview can be found at the bottom of this page.

A great, subtle dig at all those wanting Episode 3 now.

I "da fuk?"d at the thumbnail. I knew he had a beard, but didn't know how ridiculous it got. Its awesome.

Or 20-05-2013 or 25 months from now (05-05-2014) or both combined 20-05-2014 (20 may 2014).

Gabe is playing Santa Claus this year but shhht ;)

Back