Gabe Newell's health

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but I didn't know where to put this. Anyway, I realize this topic may be inappropriate to talk about and I have nothing but the highest respect for Gabe, but am I the only one concerned for him? I, like the rest of us, can see he is a big guy, and we'll leave it at that. Even that, I noticed at the Sony Press Conference and at many interviews recently, he has been breathing heavily and is looking less healthy. I'm only saying this because I don't want anything to happen to our guy and wanted to know if it was just me.

Most of his fat is centered around his stomach, that is a BIG health risk. He needs to reduce that.

make a facebook group if your that concerned. look at the millions of people who go tanning and will probably die off faster than Gabe. or the millions of real gamers who sit there for 6 hrs at a time and don't move. you are good though for caring but everyone has their pros and cons

I was just thinking today that when John Candy died and Israel Kamikowle died, it was because they were the same size as Gabe. Apparently he has been like that since his Microsoft days, but it has not decreased with age

I bet he wears a fat suit. THIS IS ALL A PLOY.

I wonder if these women play Half Life

We already lose a month on Ep3 every time someone makes a fat joke about Gabe. You don't want to know how long it's delayed when the process is reversed.

Thread title scared the dick right into my ass. I thought something was really wrong with him. If he can handle having E3 inside of him I think he'll be just fine.

A guy with so much talent and ideas requires a giant vessel to contain it.

He's actually a living carrier vessel for the Valhalla where warrior gamers go after their final quickload. Their fighting spirit sustains him and is given back to the world in the form of gaming creativity and business management. Inside him is a whole 'nother world where dreams are made true. Most of him is really just storage capacity. LOMBARDI (*hissssss*) is essentially his Charon.

Ha, as if the elite gamers in our world use quickloads.

this is what Gabe sees in every mirror
iaccidentlygabenewell.jpg

He really doesn't seem any fatter than your average fatass.

In America, he wouldn't even be considered fat, he would be considered anorexic rofl.

I'm sure he's aware of the risk he's running & I'm sure he knows he getting to an age where it may become a larger problem. He's got the money to get a personal trainer and lose the weight but I guess as part of his job he doesn't lead a particularly active life. I think the breathing thing at E3 was just nerves...he was addressing a lot of people.

Anyway he's not fat, he's just big boned.

Then you must have extraordinary big bones in your face.

Oooh.

Anyhow, I hope Gabe changes his lifestyle for the better. I hope to see much more of him, since he's the personification of everything Valve stands for.

I thought he lost weight a while back. Maybe he's yoyo'ing.

I hope to see much more of him, since he's the personification of everything Valve stands for.
Gobbling up everything smaller than it in sight, assimilating it into its already bloated body?

I'm sure he's aware of the risk he's running & I'm sure he knows he getting to an age where it may become a larger problem. He's got the money to get a personal trainer and lose the weight but I guess as part of his job he doesn't lead a particularly active life. I think the breathing thing at E3 was just nerves...he was addressing a lot of people.

Anyway he's not fat, he's just big boned.
He sounded like he was on the verge of tears because of Kevin or Doug or whoever. Poor Gaberbaby.

Girl you don't even know sheeit you could be one of his bitches and not even know it that's how damn pimp this Madnigga Brown is.

Willeh, I can't even describe how much i lol'd at your statement.

That being said, it's probably true.

Willeh, I can't even describe how much i lol'd at your statement.

That being said, it's probably true.
You're only agreeing 'cause you know if you back talk Macdaddy Gaberbaby will slap your shit from here to Convictland and you really will be lying face down in the gravel.

To be perfectly honest I'd like to see him get a bit more fit, if for no other reason because I know being that large is extremely dangerous to one's health and noticeably shortens life expectancy and Valve is a company I've quite literally grown up with and love.

To be perfectly honest I'd like to see him get a bit more fit, if for no other reason because I know being that large is extremely dangerous to one's health and noticeably shortens life expectancy and Valve is a company I've quite literally grown up with and love.

well that's selfish...

Much like GRRM and his A Dance with Dragons, Gaben will die before Episode 3 is completed and the game will be canceled entirely. Tell everyone you know.

Don't ****ing say that! Don't say that about either of them! I need both of those, and more from them still!

an ex-boss of mine was gabe's size. I was sad to find out he recently died of a heart attack; he was in his early 40's

This thread title should be changed to "Gabe Not-Well"

Much like GRRM and his A Dance with Dragons, Gaben will die before Episode 3 is completed and the game will be canceled entirely. Tell everyone you know.
You're a hate scientist. Why do you inject this self-replicating string of darkness?

Back