Games for a crap laptop

Link

Tank
Reaction score
Anyone know of any small games that would run on a crap laptop? I spend a lot of time on the road, and solitaire is losing its apeal after the millionth game. I can't exagerate the crapness of this laptop to much. It does run XP, but only just.

Also, I have a stupid nipple mouse, so anything that requries accurate mouse work will be fairly impossible.

Doom doesn't require accurate mousework as there's no Y axis aiming- just point in the right direction and you'll generally score a hit.

Gunbound is probably a good choice, also. It's like Worms. In fact, just get Worms.

Minesweeper can get pretty intense...same with Solitaire. :LOL:

Srsly though, try ScummVM and get your hands on the retro goodness of the old LucasArts games. Hours and hours of fun!!

If you are willing to get a better mouse I would also recommend quake 3

there are some good indie games similar to geometry wars out there, for example

Grid Wars
Grid Assault
Levitar
rainbow wars
veck
Notrium
Hge wars
fuel depot 3d
echoes
eliminator 3d
base

some of these might be hard to play without ... a gamepad or mouse. check them out and see

also might check out Peggle Deluxe

Any blizzard game (exception of maybe WoW)
Popcap games
Civilization III
SimCity 3
AudioSurf

...basically most 2D games will be fine. I'd say simulation games would fit you the best seeing that it doesn't require precise mouse controls at all and it fits the on-the-go style of play perfectly (save and continue at another time).

Actually, have you thought about getting a p

What's a nipple mouse? You mean those track-point devices that are found on the keyboards of some laptops?

What's a nipple mouse? You mean those track-point devices that are found on the keyboards of some laptops?

story_1.jpg

Yeah, track-point devices (or "nipple mouse" as the OP calls it) suck. I don't even like those touch pads. I'd just get a mouse.

I wouldn't play many games on a laptop anyways tbh though.

yah, just get a small zazer mouse at Fry's or somthing... They're like, 12 bucks or somthing.

Just as long as it isnt a ball mouse. The old fashion kind or the stationary ball-you-move-with-a-finger kind. Those suck.

See if you can still get Lemmings. Lemmings is awesome: always has been, always will be. My dad's got Lemmings on his PalmPilot so you should be able to get it for a crappy laptop.

Planescape Torment
Abe's Exodus
Etherlords II
Old adventure games.
Worms

Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

I'm totally addicted to it and play it all the time on my laptop. Also good for playing with friends, be it hotseat play or over LAN.

I got lemmings in a box of cereal once (the game - not the little critters)

Thanks for the replys guys, some good suggestions here :)

The reason I have to use the crappy nipple mouse is that I only use the laptop in the car when waiting for customers to get home, so I have no where to put a mouse.

You should just get MAME and play tons of Roms! Can't go wrong with emulators:D.

Back