Games for Windows -- offerng Age of Empires 3 for 10 cents

I was actually just about to post this. Instead of using my credit card I just used 10 microsoft points.

I was actually just about to post this. Instead of using my credit card I just used 10 microsoft points.

Same here. I dont even have an Xbox anymore, but apparently I have 800 points still (well, 790 now).

Bunch of free retro games EDIT - there's no way to link to the page, apparently. It's just a few pages in, under 'all games'.

Also Bioshock is $1.99. I'm not sure if that's the going rate, but it's going to be hard to beat.

I'm confused. Are these xbox games or what? I want to buy them, but it's asking me to make an xbl account.

These are all windows games, but it requires you to have a Microsoft account. It basically connects both your Xbox and Windows together.

Sold my xbox a while ago with my account. Just made a new one to snag these games. I'm so excited. :v

Do I have to have this windows live game thing open while I play?

good deal thx for sharing.
Bioschock 2 is only $10 but I don't think I wanna buy that for now at least.

Can you gift games on GFWL? If yes, can somone please gift it to me in exchange for 50 cents? :D

Yeah, same. I was trying to gift it to someone else aswell.

Great deal!

Shame GFWL program sucks ass. Couldn't even search for the game (I know it was on the first page of alphabetical, but still...) Still some ways to go before it's a Steam contender though... if that ever happens.

Anyway, bought it, kind of have to at this price! :p

Didn't realise GFWL was on its last legs. Been using it a bit recently with GTAIV. I cope with it for the most part, but the most annoying so far is the updates. It decides mid-game it wants to update, which requires restarting the game (and apparently potentially the computer).

It's not, they just completely overhauled it.

GFWL will always be a pile of crap, there is no way to fix it.

Not even this makes me want to install GFWL.

Not even this makes me want to install GFWL.

You're a stone cold hater Riom. I'm a hater of GFWL too, but ten cent AOE3 is enough to make me install it. Its funny though, because I'm sure the execs at GFWL will be like "See! I knew people like our program! Look how many people bought a game from it since we updated it!"

Little do they know, it requires they sell games for ten cents for most people to tolerate it.

It takes a 99.5% sale to make people choose GFWL over Steam.

%#** The More You Know **#%

I got it, GFWL is kinda annoying but I've always wanted this game. I also just used 10 M$ points to buy this since I have like 300pts left in my account

I just installed the game via GFWL and then made a shortcut in steam. Once you download it, you never even have to open the gfwl launcher to play. Unless you want achievements, that is.

AoE3 sucked.
Not worth having to use GFWL to get it.

Picked up AoE3 for 10 points and BioShock 1 for 160 points! :D Not bad since I had extra points in my account.

GFWL is definitely not as good as Steam, but I can't pass up a deal like this. Hell, even if I never play it, I'm at least showing MS that they should do crazy deals like this more often in the future!

Can't buy it for not being american. Unfortunate.

Was thinking about Bioshock 2 but I'd rather have it on steam. And it will probably come on that sort of sale (or better) eventually.

They've run out of cd keys anyways. For the next week or two.

Two week is plenty enough time to become american. Eat a few burgers, listen to rap, own a gun, etc.

Brother linked me to this.
zQUEi.png

I opened the link, lo and behold .10c. I login, go back to the page, it is $40 again. :C

Still says ten cents for me.

EDIT: No, you're right. When you log in, it goes to regular price lol.

Brother linked me to this.
zQUEi.png

well it worked for me and was only 10 M$ points which reduced me to like 350pts left in my account. Twas the easiest transaction I've had since buying a few games on Steam....but far cheaper so I don't understand the complaining. They probably gave away like a $1,000,000 of free game to people.

I already own the game so this isn't anything to me. I still had GFWL. Worst attempt at making a friendly DRM I've ever seen. But we all know it taks Microsoft at least 20 years to make a product that's even decent.

Snatched that shit up like Sunday breakfast, thanks nigga

edit: turns out I have about 5k ms points I knew nothing about... neat

Back