Games: Rate and Discuss

On easy it's limited to 2 skulls. On the other difficulties, the number of skulls you get depends on the time in which you kill all the monsters, and if you let any through the rifts.

"Just add orcs and blend"

And the reason I got the game in the first place:

I just tried to play Twin Sector for half an hour and I had to give up on it. It might get better later in the game but right now I am not going to slug through shit for the chance of it getting better. I won this ages back in a contest, played it for half and hour and then stopped. I was wondering why I stopped playing it, now I remember.

It seemed like it could be an alright game to start with. A little puzzle game revolving around magic gloves that pull and push stuff. It doesn't really do anything right. So lets start with the story as the first thing you're treated to is an awkwardly animated and even worsely voice acted cutscene. You're signing up for being frozen in an underground bunker because the Earth has become uninhabitable but the soldier there recognises your name and realises that you're that famous woman who saved all those people! Oh but you're so modest and say that you're no hero, but his commanding officer disagrees! You're the hero who saves fifteen people! They said it was a suicide mission but you went anyway! Go you! Then he goes on about how you gave people hope! Everyone in the entire world loves you because you're so fantastic at saving people! Dear god shut the hell up I don't care. I just want to play a puzzle game. Do they think peoples' self-esteem is so low they need to be told how bloody amazing they are before the game even starts?

Then you wake up in a jump-suit and an AI called Oscar tells you about how the generators are breaking so you have to fix them but you have amnesia and don't remember waking up so he has to go through everything and I still don't care. Let me play the damn game. There is probably some clever plot twist later where it turns out you're actually a clone or something but just let me play now. But by god the game is afraid of letting you play at the start. You're frozen in place a few times to let Oscar tell you how the basic controls work. You're even frozen in place at one point just so he can tell you good job. I discovered why the devs were afraid of you running ahead a little later when I did two events two quickly in succession and activated two conversation chains at once and had Oscar saying two different things at once.

I rarely complain about graphics but the game looks like those ugly 3D render comics and the main character just looks...wrong. I think there's something off about her proportions. The environments are worse. As I said I only bothered with the first half-hour but really a game should put its best foot forward at the start and all it was was concrete walls, blast doors and metal scaffolds we've all seen far too many times. They also make no sense at all. It's supposed to be set in some sort of underground bunker but things are laid out like a bad Portal fan map. A minute or two into the game you come across a broken panel and your AI overseer tells you not to worry because there should be an override button on the ceiling directly above you, about twenty feet in the air, that you have to throw a barrel at to turn on, what the hell?

And last there's the actual gameplay. The controls are annoying. When you sidestep or move diagonally you slow down drastically which really messes with my normal means of moving in a first person game and the jumping seems stiff for reasons I can't describe. The gameplay mainly revolves around tossing stuff (and yourself) with a pair of gloves. They act pretty much like the gravity gun we all know and love except you can charge the shots and also pushing and pulling affects you if you aim at a wall. It doesn't always work so well. Pullings stuff towards you often ends it with flying past you, meaning you have to keep pulling at it till it finally decides to let you pick it up and miss something with your magic glove beams and hit a wall instead can too easily lead to you flying backwards or forwards, possibly towards your death. For a game that features a lot of force jumping to navigate it is far too bloody easy to die of fall damage.

Yeah, don't buy it.

Nightsky - Good, but short

Hard to rate this game properly as I got it in the Humble Bundle. I bought it mostly for other games, so I was very pleased with how much I enjoyed this game as its exactly what I want from an artsy game. Fairly easy, fairly short, easy to play in small bursts, wonderful art style and music, and some creative ideas thrown into the puzzles. On it's own I might find it difficult to recommend due to its brevity (finished in about 2.5 hours including all the secrets), but for owners of the bundle I would highly recommend trying this game out just to see if its your cup of tea.

Penumbra: Overture: Episode One
Good game with a good scary atmosphere. Basic story is you're investigating your father's disappearance in Northwest Greenland and you find scary shit. It's a first person adventure with an interesting interface. Standard WASD controls with sparebar jump and shift sprint but also an interaction mode where you move the mouse to pick things up and move them about the place. It's also how you open doors and drawers and pull levers; grab them by clicking on them then pull the mouse in the required direction. It works pretty well most of the time with occasional annoying fiddly bits.

The atmosphere for most of the game is very good and tense and pretty genuinely scary with many many foreboding moments. It's a shame though when it goes wrong. Enemies are not done well in this game. They're just more annoying than scary. Demon dogs might be intimidating at first, but by the end of the game you'll be sick of trying to stalk past them and just want to run at them, stun then with your pick and leg it. The game is at its most scary, as are most things, when it's hinting at horrors rather than showing them. There are also a few chase sequences but they are not fun because the solutions for most of them are such that you probably will not figure it out the first time. Being chased by monsters and just escaping is scary. Actually dying remove all tension and it becomes a trial and error section of die die die die succeed.

That said otherwise the atmosphere is great and the puzzles are good. None of them have ridiculous solutions although occasionally you might standing around wondering why you can't just use this dynamite to blow down the wooden door instead of finding the key. I do recommend it as a good adventure game and a good horror game and I'm looking forward to getting Black Plague.

Based on what you said, you will love Black Plague. No combat, not as many direct encounters with enemies, but more puzzles and more creepy atmosphere and scary bits (though IMO Overture was a bit scarier).

Riomhaire, we must've won twin sector in the same contest. I also played it up until the water works chapter but it's really not that appealing to me.

Resistance: Fall of Man

Didn't care too much for this game. The mundane style of plot advancement kept me from enjoying the story. Every mission you complete is followed up by a cutscene with some British woman discussing her research on the game's protagonist and whatnot. Aside from an encounter in the bowels of a breeding center, Nathan Hale never has any direct interaction with this mysterious woman. She serves only as the narrator who is obsessed with the disease that rages on inside of Hale. I felt Hale's consistently lonely endeavors were an excuse the developers could use so they could focus more on the combat sequences of the game, which are plentiful and tiresome. The formula of these segments consists of a seemingly endless abundance of Chimeran individuals battling the player until progress is made towards the current objective. I definitely would've liked a better way to see the plot of the game move forward instead of having to endure cutscene after cutscene and hear the same feminine and British accent over and over again. Of course, I have nothing against British accents, but the fact is, not a thought was given to character development, story progression, or anything to do with the narrative structure of this game. It's always about the next enemy around the corner or the upcoming boss in the open area ahead. Oh yeah, and there's a horrendous vehicle section that almost made me throw up after playing it.

Aside from the pessimism above, the combat is actually kind of enjoyable. I pointed out that it does become tedious and repetitive at times, but some of the weapons in the game are fun to use against the Chimeran forces. The most fascinating device of all that I found in this game was the Auger, a revolutionary weapon that can shoot through just about any type of cover: walls, barrels, you name it. The battles in this game are a joy to experience, too. The forces of the Chimera and the British collide frequently in the game in a spectacle of explosions, bullets, and blood. The way the NPCs interact with each other while fighting for dear life is a sight to behold.

Anyways, 6/10.

...don't suppose there's any chance that Resistance will come out for PC?

Hard Reset - 9/10
  • The action is paced well, entertaining in some areas and dare I say hard in others? Not frustratingly hard like some games are because of some gameplay, AI, or weapon unbalance, but "OMG there are two of those creatures BANG!" I may try something besides normal once I figure out how to handle some of the harder sections (and I'm on a replay with all the upgrades).
  • The graphics are nice, and the game runs well with the settings up high. Pretty!
  • Most of the secrets are "visible", you just need to figure out how to get to them, which I much prefer to completely hidden ones, where you're groping every wall in the level hoping to find a trigger.
  • The weapons look good, sound good, and are fun to use - I actually spend some time figuring out which combination will work best for any given location (whereas in most games if the game's unbalanced, I'll grab the best weapon, or whichever one has the most ammo). With the upgraded weapons, there's almost a risk of running out of ammo too (especially if you're just throwing shots around). I much prefer that than having more ammo around than you know what to do with.
  • Explosive thingsss... some levels are almost minefields. It's super fun to try to use them to your advantage, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get nailed by a few out-of-control explosions.
  • The storyline is about par for a FPS - no ball of fire, but kudos for being able to skip those scenes.
  • Negative: checkpoint-based saves. In a game that can really tear you up sometimes, that's a drag. Also, have the plasma gun's alt fire charged up, ready for the next fight, but a checkpoint happens? Alt fire discharged, and that ammo is wasted. Lame.
  • Negative: for a game that's this action packed, where you absolutely have to run for your life, the guy needs to have a faster walk speed, or a juiced up sprint. How fun would Doom have been if you couldn't run fast enough to dodge enemy fire? For the same reason, weapon switching needs to be faster.

Also, here are some recommendations for weapon upgrades if you don't mind a hint:
  • Don't dismiss the plasma gun's charge fire... for a 'beginner' weapon, that alt fire is wonderfully devastating at full charge.
  • The smartgun will come in particularly handy for some bosses, but only with the third upgrade. The railgun works in a pinch, but if you have neither of these by the time you get to one of the serious bosses, it will be a most difficult fight.
  • The weapon modes that cause enemies to get stuck or slow down will definitely save your life, especially if you get cornered (although really, you only have moments to get the shot off before you get clobbered). When you step into a fight with charging enemies, make sure a weapon with this ability is armed because you can't outrun them, and this will let you get to cover.

Beat Portal 2 finally.

Awesome game, not as good as first but still awesome.

Limbo

Physics-based puzzle games are quite common, but this one has a soul. Art direction and crystal-clear sound effects create a unique mesmerising dark atmosphere. Puzzles are balanced and not too hard and let you flow through the game without long pauses and frustration. Having to stop to solve harder puzzles would have broken the natural flow of the game, depressing the desire to go on exploring the misty world of Limbo. Guys, I seriously think that we need more mainstream 2D games.

BioShock

Why do people seek to chastise this wonderful piece of art? From the moment I stepped into the bathysphere and heard Django Reinhardt's "La Mer" setting the tone, I was hooked like a Spider Splicer. The spherical elevator took me down to the depths beyond as Andrew Ryan's famous introduction began. Right when his monologue ended, the window in the bathysphere opened up and revealed an underwater city: Rapture. Along the way I saw a massive whale and packs of fish swimming around the illuminated signs of dilapidated buildings. It was breathtaking, and I could only imagine how the city once looked in all its glory. Then I entered a building, saw some poor bloke get his ass ****ing beat by a lady, and the atmosphere intensified.

Moments like these are unforgettable. BioShock has a plethora of these moments.

The plot is one of twists and turns and always finds a way to stay exciting throughout. Characters like Andrew Ryan and Sander Cohen are a delight to listen to, as they both possess the poetic ability to convey their thoughts through figurative language. Fighting Splicers while listening to Tchaikovsky's "Waltz of the Flowers" and then seeing Sander Cohen come down the stairs to marvel at his masterpiece was undoubtedly the greatest moment I experienced within Rapture. Getting to beat someone with a golf club was another memorable one. Everything about the story of BioShock is fantastic, and its subtleties should not be overlooked. There's more to the plot than fighting Big Daddies, you know...

The player is given the standard range of weapons in which to kill enemies with, but there also things called plasmids and tonics that manage to spice things up a bit. Plasmids are biological superpowers that enable the player to kill enemies in gruesome and interesting ways. You can shock, burn, and infest with bees those who stand in your way. Then you've got tonics, which are passive abilities that provide the player with helpful benefits. Need help hacking something? Sure, there are a few plasmids over there for that. Need more research points from your camera? Yeah, they're over there, buddy. Want your wrench to be the most powerful weapon in the game? No problem. There are so many ways to go about doing things that most of the decisions are left up to you as the player. There are also Power to the People stations that allow you to upgrade your standard weapons, but I was disappointed that I couldn't upgrade my wrench so I could beat the living shit out of Splicers even more.

To all you naysayers who go about shitting on this game because you have nothing better to do, YOU'RE WRONG! BioShock is a masterpiece. The combat is fun, the characters are terrific, and Andrew Ryan's message is meaningful. Am I a slave, or a man? Does a slave truly obey, or is he forced against his will? Does a man truly choose, or are the decisions already made for him? I don't know. Do you?

10/10

Why bother, he's an idiot.

Moving right along.

Killzone 2

What's that sour taste in my mouth? Oh yeah, that's Killzone 2, one of the worst games I've played in a long time. It suffers from the same fate as Fall of Man in that it is simply all flash and no substance. Every character in the game is stale and ridiculous. The worst of all is Rico, the irritating leader of Alpha Squad whose mouth spits out expletives frequently and without warning. I can't get connected with any of my squad mates because they're just so one-dimensional. Even when one of them eventually dies as a result of Rico's blunder, I felt no emotion for said squad mate. They seem to be more like people who are there only to shout out profanities and soak up gunfire so I can proceed to the next section. I should've known these console game developers always consider combat over plot on their priority lists. How else would they be able to appeal to the masses, right? Morons.

Oh yeah, and another thing. Why does every game now insist to have a color palette of only grays and browns? Is that the cool thing nowadays? Am I supposed to be impressed that the developers can color their environments with a monochromatic style?

Mediocrity at its finest. If you're looking for AWESOME GUNFIGHTS, here you go. If you're looking for a gripping plot or characters you want to show emotion for, run the hell away.

5/10

Beat Portal 2 finally.

Really? What did you like more about the first? I'll agree that the puzzles in the second weren't nearly as difficult, but other than that I thought it was better in every way.

Hard Reset - 9/10

6/10 for me.
Just beat this, well worth 5 dollars, but certainly not $30

Game is incredibly short (granted, I could not play on any higher difficulty than Easy without getting really pissed off, because I suck at these kinds of games)

Fun shooter, pretty setting, meh story, and terrible ending. Seriously, that ending was really awful, most sudden ending ever.

Personally I didn't like the gun play all that much. However I loved the art direction, and atmosphere in it. The difficulty is damn tough on anything above easy.

God of War III

A wonderful conclusion to the series. I really enjoyed how Kratos' compassionate side was brought out into the spotlight with the inclusion of Pandora. The similarity between Pandora and Calliope, Kratos' late daughter, allows Kratos to bond with the former as if he is her father. In turn, I felt more emotionally connected with the protagonist and was glad that he finally displayed the soft spot that I knew he had all along. This makes for the character development to be the strongest out of all three games. I mean, who knew that a murderous monster could turn around and become a paternal figure with relative ease?

The theme of the first two games involves the killing of some godly being, but God of War III decides to add another layer to it. Remember how I was talking about Pandora in the previous paragraph? Yeah, she's really important to the narrative structure. Not only does she expose the caring nature of Kratos, but she also introduces the ideas of hope and forgiveness in an attempt to erase the memories that Kratos has suffered from since the death of his family. It makes for a refreshing departure from the protagonist's lust for vengeance while still retaining the integral elements of the plot. The story still revolves around killing Zeus in the most brutal of ways, but I'm glad something new was utilized to keep things interesting.

With that aside, I want to discuss the Labyrinth. It's comprised of spiked rooms, timed puzzles, and painful fights, but it also contains the central figure of the plot. I had a considerable amount of trouble with one of the sections. There's a room where you have to fight a shitload of enemies while avoiding a group of sharp edges that pop up intermittently in each of the four corners. The creatures you face are hard enough, but getting poked by those spikes will spell instant death for you, causing you to start all over. Once you've disposed of everyone, a harpy will appear just as the whole floor is covered in spikes. If Kratos doesn't latch onto it, he's made into Swiss cheese. The Labyrinth is a real pain on Titan difficulty, but with perseverance and determination, I succeeded.

Really fun game.

9/10

Beat Portal 2 finally.

I just finished it also (well, the single-player part only so far). I saw/read virtually nothing on Portal 2 before playing, so it wasn't ruined by hype at all. The first one just felt really new and fresh, while the new puzzle elements here --redirecting lasers and painting surfaces-- were just kinda meh. The outdoor-ish area in the middle also felt contrived (there just happens to be that one surface you can place a portal on, and spotting it is almost more difficult than 80% of the real puzzles). But as a game/piece of entertainment it was a lot of fun. A lot longer than I expected it to be, though I can't see how long it took as Steam didn't keep track in offline mode :(. And I mostly like the soundtrack better than for the first game.

My playthrough was 5.8 hours, and I pretty much agree with everything you said. I thought the lasers and gravity lifts were awesome, the painting though was my least favorite.

Shadow Man for Windows

This is my second playthrough. I previously beat the game on PlayStation. Obviously, the graphics are much better on the Windows version. The game is a third person, non linear, action adventure (i.e. Soul Reaver). The gameplay is fun, and addicting. You're supposed to collect the dark souls to stop Legion (a demon from the Bibble), and his five henchmen from taking over the world. The dark souls are hidden, and scattered around levels.

pros:
.The character dialogue. Jaunty, the gate keeper for the dead side is hilarious.
.The controls are smooth, and very responsive
.The art direction for the dead side is outstanding
.The Windows version still works without any bugs, or crashes on modern computers

cons:
.There's too much backtracking
.The enemies respawn all the time, and they always spawn in the same spot
.There's no map. It's easy to get lost in the dead side
.There's no autosave system

conclusion:
Shadow Man is still an entertaining game after 13 years, and it's still one my favorite games to date. Here's the only screenshot I took during my entire playthrough. It's showing a person slaughtered by Avery Marx, a crazy boss character.

radio.jpg

Splinter Cell: Conviction
Uninstalled after an hour of playing/10

I heard this one was a little more actiony than the other games. I've only played Chaos Theory. The game can't decide if it wants to be a third person shooter or a third person stealth game. The awkward, mismatched combination of the two styles of gameplay feels awful and clunky. Got frustrated and just uninstalled because it had none of the elements that made Chaos Theory fun.

I played Conviction before CT (well actually not really, but I never played much of the old games so I had no full idea how drastically different Conviction was to CT)

I enjoyed it for what it was, even though CT is a way better stealth game and a lot more depth.

This is probably due to the production values and polish. It felt good to play and was entertaining, so on that score it was a solid experience for me.

I played a few missions of Conviction before giving up on it. It's simply not a game one can go into expecting to play it like a Splinter Cell game of old, there is way too much shooting and hand-holding now. Really hope the next game is more like Chaos Theory and Double Agent.

Bulletstorm
Currently Playing

Mixed Bag/10

This game manages to be incredibly fun and incredibly annoying at the same time, it has horrible pacing. The reason is this, every time the action starts the game stops to show you something, or makes your character slow down and lower his weapon to look at something. It's really, really ****ing annoying, and it's almost always for really pointless or obvious shit. In a game that is supposed to be about pure stupid action, it sure does manage to ruin the pacing. It's kind of like watching a porno, only to have the video pause every 3 minutes to tell you how to masturbate, or inform you that you are currently looking at boobs.

Like, it must have told me three ****ing times in a row how the concept of upgrading worked. I'd be totally getting my game on by shooting and kicking bandits and suddenly the game will be like "OKAY SLOW DOWN FOR A MINUTE, LOOK AT THAT EXPLOSIVE THING IN RED, SHOOT IT, IT WILL MAKE ENEMIES DIE", Yep, uh huh, I got it.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Going to return it/10

Honestly I wanted to like this game, the Test Drive games have always been strong, well made racing games. Sadly though Unlimited 2 is just bad and for a number of reasons.

I'll start with what's good though. The driving is pretty good, cars have arcadey handling but not to the point where it's impossible to control. And the vehicles you can drive look pretty good as well. Test Drive Unlimited 2 has two massive islands for the player to explore with a ton of races and side missions to do. And that wraps up the good.

Now I played this for roughly five days, about 2-3 hours each day and after the starter races I had made no progress. There's a very poorly leveling system implemented into this rubbish. There are four categories, Discovery, Social, Competition and Collection, each with unique and tedious side quests. Complete a side quest and points are added to that categories level, fill up the category level and get points to your overall level. Sound confusing? It is. The competition side quests are generally just singleplayer races which makes sense. Social is all multiplayer, and you need a certain 10 dollar DLC to even play online, which I did not buy and do not care to buy. It really gets on my nerves when games require additional paid content just to access what should be a basic feature of the game, especially in a game where MP helps you gain experience in the overall game. Discovery gives you reason to drive around this humdrum island, looking for car wrecks and places to photograph something special, and on a more tedious note, to drive on every road in the game. Driving on certain roads is how you find new car dealerships and places to upgrade your vehicle as well as the various shops around the island, but there aren't a whole lot of things to discover for the amount of time one could spend just driving around. Finally Collection, the most obnoxious part of this game. When I go to buy a racing game, I don't think to myself, "Gee this better let me customize an avatar that I'll very rarely see." It's a racing game, I want to drive fast cars and race around against other cars for money I can spend on new cars. But no, this game goes pretty extreme when it comes to your avatar. You can go to clothing shops to buy clothes, hair saloons to get haircuts/change facial hair and even a god damn plastic surgeon to change your face. What kind of racing games needs a plastic surgeon, and the way it's introduced, it could give players, especially of the younger audience, the wrong idea. Basically some lady calls you and says "Hey, you're ugly. Go get facial surgery so you can look good for TV." I don't want to spend my money on character creation, I want to buy faster cars.

Anyway, the problem I had with this game is simply that it's directionless. I completed the starter level races and did everything the NPCs told me to do and even drove to where the next available race should've been, but it simply was not there. Did enough side quests and tedious nonsense to reach level ten and still nothing had happened. The various racers that also freeroam around also would not accept my one v one challenges for no peculiar reason. I flat out refuse to waste more of my time mindless driving around to find more roads and car wrecks to get no rewards.

Graphically the game is alright, the lower half of the screen looked really good, and the cars look nice but when looking into the distance there can be some really bad drawn-in times for the backgrounds.

The game, at least for me, was simply an obnoxious waste of time. Doing monotonous tasks for no rewards and not being given any direction as to what I needed to do. Maybe it was a bug or a glitch, I don't know, but I don't intend to find out either.

Dead Space 2 8/10

Solid game, and let me be terribly honest here...I suck at Survival Horror games and more-so games like Resident Evil with clunky controls and 3rd Person. With that being said if this game or others like it were in First Person I would excel at them. Anyway I played this game on Casual, and for the most part it was fairly easy. There were some gorgeous scenes and the game play was solid. The story was somewhat easy to follow (I played about half of the first game but died so many times on Normal setting) and the characters were very believable. The lows of the game are glitches in which my gun would stay in aim mode and then I'd waste about 15 minutes redoing a section.

Sometimes repetitive enemies and towards the end of the game adding simply more enemies at once seemed annoying. And lack of boss fights. I swear there were more Boss fights in the first but everyone loves Boss fights, they get your hands a little sweaty ya know? But I still love this game and the little annoyances didn't take away from the fact that this game was scary and using a 7.1 surround sound headset and my Laptop came in handy for the frights. I love also playing this game during the night time which is when you should be playing a horror game by the way. Also the weapons in this game when you level them up is really dependent on how much searching you do. Just like in Fallout or Mass Effect, or any other game similar to it the more you loot the better your odds are of winning. All in all I liked it and I recommend it because I've been seeing it around places for under $10 now

Star Wars: Republic Commando (single player)

This game seemed somewhat confused as to what it wanted to be - it seems to be an odd crossbreed of old school shooters and tactical shooters such as SWAT or Rainbow Six. It has iron sights for some weapons, magazines, set piece animations for the squad doing room entry, focus on using your squad to achieve your objectives and so on. On the other side there are hordes of enemies, many of whom are rather tough, taking multiple magazines from the standard blaster rifle to bring down, such as the super battle droid and slow moving projectiles rather than hitscan weapons, making the old tactics of circle strafing and jumping around like a maniac seem more viable than taking cover. These enemies are introduced initially as sort-of mini-bosses and then appear in greater and greater numbers, much like in "old school" shooters. Level design is well thought out, if linear - only a few confusing moments.

The animations still look good, even 7 years after release and the sound design is aboslutely marvellous. The Geonisan beam gun was actually somewhat unsettling when first used, with its clickety-clackety claws. The atmosphere as a whole feels great - the game is immersive and gives a grittier feeling that many other Star Wars games I've played - one feels rather more like they're in the blood and guts of the great battles of the clone wars - a particular favoraite feature of mine is the splatter of blood/oil and raindrops on the visor of the helmet (and having the helmet interface full stop - it really does help to bring one into the game) of the PC when in the rain or killing an enemy up close and personal.

The voice acting is rather good, though the characters are the standard military shooter types (the cold sniper, the explosion obsessed demolitions expert, the stoic other guy and the level headed squad leader).

The game appears to be very much a product of its time - it seems to take influcences from all over the place. The fixed health and regenerating shields are reminicent of Halo (also the pistol bears more than a passing resemblance to the magnum from Halo), the door breaching and focus of teamwork with the squad to fulfil objectives reminds me of Rainbow Six and the combat feels more Doom than SWAT 4 (though the influence of Halo is here, too).

Overall I rather enjoyed the single player campagin - the atmosphere and story held my attention and provided enough of a sense of urgency to keep me wrapped up in the game throughout, the combat is satisfying, the characters are interesting enough adn the mechanics for the squad gave the gameplay some more depth than other, similar shooters of the same era.

turok: evolution - 0/10
enter the matrix (replay) - 0/10
halo: evolution (replay) - 5/10
played the first two levels, got bored and removed the game. 5 for being a solid shooter. would rate it higher if the level design wasn't a piece of sh1t. cortana isn't sexy enough.

Resistance 3 8.5/10

The game is more cinematic and down to earth than the others but the gameplay and weapons are all still there. I had a fun time playing it and time just seemed to fly by. If you played the others then try this one. If you haven't played any of them you're missing out.

Half-Life - 8/10

First time ever playing the PC version for me, originally beat it on the PS2 back in 2001. Took me approximately ten hours to beat it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it despite it's age.

God of War III

A wonderful conclusion to the series.
A wonderful conclusion to the series.
wonderful conclusion to the series.
conclusion to the series.
conclusion

Boy, have I got news for you.

The Darkness - 9/10

Still one of the best shooters I've ever played. An incredible adaptation of a classic 90's grimdark comic series. The only thing I've ever found wrong with it was how clunky the controls can sometimes be and that the Otherworld levels were just boring, even though they had some cool designs. I'm sad that two looks to have ****ed up the aiming and the misfortune of being developed by Digital Extremes.

Nah. S'just that God of War 4 is actually in the works meng. Music composer recently revealed as having it on his resume and a few other tidbits. The very first reveal was about a multiplayer God of War being done last year. Rumors are that the game will be about Kratos and Deimos escaping Hell together (which would make sense given the multiplayer shit). I know this series has gone over its limit and should have ended with 3 or at least gone off into another mythology or something, but that alone sounds badass as hell.

Personally excited. Especially if the rumor about the story is true. Deimos was awesome in Ghost of Sparta.

The Darkness - 4/10

Still one of the best shooters I've ever played. An incredible adaptation of a classic 90's grimdark comic series. The only thing I've ever found wrong with it was how clunky the controls can sometimes be and that the Otherworld levels were just boring, even though they had some cool designs. I'm sad that two looks to have ****ed up the aiming and the misfortune of being developed by Digital Extremes.

Fixed.

Seriously, the concept was kinda cool and all but the gameplay was laughable. I see The Darkness 2 being advertised and I instantly think ''Oh ffs, why did they BOTHER.''

I see The Darkness 2 being advertised and I instantly think ''Oh ffs, why did they BOTHER.''

You are aware that The Darkness 2 is being made by a totally different developer, right?

Fixed.

Seriously, the concept was kinda cool and all but the gameplay was laughable. I see The Darkness 2 being advertised and I instantly think ''Oh ffs, why did they BOTHER.''
That's a nice opinion and I respect it, even if it's a terrible opinion.

Fixed.

Why are you so wrong that it hurts? :(

Back