Games you could never finish.

I've played it too....and I beat it, you're all a bunch of n00bs!

:( I've been debating about picking it up again to give it another shot. I've always enjoyed those types of games. Then again, I think my Nostalgia goggles have taken over, and when I play it again, I'll want to commit suicide because it's terrible.

The last movie scene (sports cars on the mountain side) was the hardest thing I have ever played. Took a week to finish that last movie, but I was very pleased when I did.

This is where I got stuck and ultimately gave up, just too hard...

Diablo II

I got to act 4 and stopped. I didn't want it to end.
Well I mean, technically it doesn't. You start over in another difficulty, or just keep playing. The only way it would ever actually 'end' is if you... stopped playing. :p

final fantasy XII
Ah ****, this. Was one of the few people to actually enjoy this, but I think I enjoyed it a bit too much. I have 80+ hours on my save and still wasn't approaching the end... yeah.

Also, it doesn't sound like you have long to go in Dead Space, if I'm remembering correctly. It's not an especially huge game.

Everyone said:
I couldn't finish Super Spacemarine Dickfest XVIII, lol it was the worst game ever!!!
From the OP:

"What are some games that you never saw through to the end, but so desperately wanted to?"

attachment.php

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl (I have installed this game three times. That's three more times than I've double clicked the executable. Maybe its the legendary bugs or the talk about playing it with mods to get the right experience, but I've just never sat in front of my computer and felt 'oh boy, I've got an entire, multi-hour game sitting on my hard-drive that I could play right now!')

This except I did manage to get a bit further. I played maybe 5 hours worth.

I almost didn't get through Bioshock but pushed myself through because my cousin bought it for me and I didn't want to "waste" it. Somehow it was more fun to watch my friend play it, than to have to do it myself -- although I suppose watching him first essentially spoilered the entire game for me.

I don't think I've gotten through all campaigns in any strategy game. I almost did it in the Age of Empires Conquerors expansion pack, but the last level on Mayans (or Aztecs?) was really hard. First off, the Mayans already suck, and then the game throws the first wave of strong enemy units at you within the first 10 minutes and pretty regularly after that. I think you had to play a near-perfect game in order to win.

Also I never finished Doom II because I couldn't figure out how to beat the last level (although I could've sworn I tried exactly what you're supposed to do since it's, well, kinda obvious).

Also, that old puzzle game, the 7th Guest. I'm not sure if I looked at the in-game "hint" book too many times to get the ending, or if it just glitched, but it never counted one of my solved puzzles as solved, so I couldn't get to the ending. In any case, my reaction to that and pretty much the entire game was ARGH.

Also I never finished Doom II because I couldn't figure out how to beat the last level (although I could've sworn I tried exactly what you're supposed to do since it's, well, kinda obvious).

From the central pillar, fire 3 rockets straight to the brain of the Demon-faced wall. You have to fire BEFORE the pillar rises all the way to the top, and the rocket should disappear inside, followed by Demon pain noises.

Also, I too could never finish the AOE2 + Conquerors campaign. Tried it many years back, was too hard for me back then.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I instinctively knew to some capacity that you had to fire into the brain. I probably either fired too late (and was too dumb to keep trying), or didn't know that you had to get it 3 times (and was too dumb to keep trying).

In fact, I was so dumb that I kept getting distracted by things (the tiered bits in back, the platform that you could jump onto in front of the Icon of Sin), thinking that I must be missing some kind of special secret to the level.

Half-Life 2 Episode 2 - Kept dying at the final fight.

for this alone you should be banned until you finish the game! seriously throw it on easy and finish the fight your probably like 97% of the way there dude!

BAN HIM!!!! untill he finished it

Ace Combat 5. Specifically, White Noise.
It's not finding Nagase that's giving me so much trouble, it's the Apaches shooting down the transport helicopter before it can get to her.

Final Fantasy 8.

Oh wait sorry, games I wanted to finish. Haha. My mistake.

Seriously though, Chrono Trigger and Deus Ex. Two of my favourite games, but I've never been able to muster the patience to see them through. :(

Never finished FF8 either. Sucked ass. "Hey you wanna get stronger? DRAW SPELLS FROM EVERYONE ALL THE TIME" "Hey you wanna get money? TAKE ****ING TESTS"

There never has and never will be a Final Fantasy with such a poor combat/leveling system as that. Story was... ok... but not enough to make me want to finish it. Finish Chrono Trigger and Deus Ex. Both great games with great endings. Oddly enough both have multiple endings - but Chrono Trigger has better diversity in those endings.

I also didn't finish Black and White because the last island was retardedly difficult to do while trying to stay good.
Let's just make a list from Steam:
Bad Company 2 SP
Burnout Paradise
Red Alert 3
Company of Heroes
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
Fuel
GTA 4
Jade Empire (never really started)
Red Faction: Guerilla
Stalker
Trine
The Witcher
Zombie Driver

There are tons more.

The one that will always make me sad is Homeworld. I never beat that last mission.

I'd say all the ones that were open ended too. GTA, Oblivion, Fallout....I never finished all the quests. I have a 40 hr a week job and friends to attend to and a huge family. there is no time to discover everything sad enough. but in all honesty, I'd rather have a great 20 hr game that was packed to the brim with excitement than a 100 hr bore

for this alone you should be banned until you finish the game! seriously throw it on easy and finish the fight your probably like 97% of the way there dude!

BAN HIM!!!! untill he finished it

Then you ban me too, I couldn't finish the Strider section without cheats.*Hides face in shame*

WELL I DID IT ON HARD WITHOUT DYING AND SAVED ALL THE BUILDINGS HARDY-HARDY-HAR-HAR LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSERS.

WELL I DID IT ON HARD WITHOUT DYING AND SAVED ALL THE BUILDINGS HARDY-HARDY-HAR-HAR LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSERS.

you should ban them until they finish the most important game of this millennium

Almost forgot! Baldurs Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal, I saved at the entrance leading to the final battle (I think). Then for some reason I had to format my computer, lucky me, ALL my saves got corrupted.

you should ban them until they finish the most important game of this millennium

I am fairly certain that Episode 2 is perhaps one of the least significant games in the last several years.

STALKER (hard drive failure)
Demon Stone (ugh)
Dungeon Siege 1 & 2 (can't bring myself to play them)
Titan Quest (too many hours of hack n' slash for me)
Loki (ugh)
Dragon Age Origins & Awakenings (one patch caused crashes and couldn't play, uninstalled, reinstalled but never finished)
Alpha Protocol (I like the game but just never play it anymore)
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 (tried many times but give up out of boredom)
Icewind Dale 1 & 2 (saved games lost when my hard drive failed)
Betrayal At Krondor (too hard for me when I was younger, haven't played in a long time)
The Witcher (lost saved game when hard drive failed)
Baldur's Gate 2 (lost saves when hard drive failed)
Oblivion (eating dry turkey is less monotonous then this game)
Morrowind (Never really played it much, just bought it 3 months ago)

Hard to think of some as there are plenty which I've started and simply not had a chance to finish yet!

One that instantly springs to mind though is Call of Juarez. Was loving it, up until the point where the disc became unreadable. Could just install the copy I have for PC, but then I'd have to go through it all again! Will just pick up another cheap 360 copy next month I think.

Oh, I remembered a few more!

Gothic 1, so much bugs and I reached a point in the game where I realized I had leveled up like a retard and was basically ****ed unless I used cheats. Loved it up to that point though.

Evil Genius, got some bug that ****ed up any chance of winning back during release.

Sacred 2: Good idea, but soooooo much grinding around. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Fallout 3: When you play Mass Effect and ME2, you will understand that Fallout is seriously under par and very tedious.
Starcraft II: Trying to finish it, good story so far.
BFBC2: Such arbitrary plot, its more like a warm up for the multiplayer.
MGS4: Who's who's paternal Uncle? Oh wait, that guy is is estranged son but actually is not because his mom is a machine and he has a crocodile's left arm.......
Mod Nation racers: No time
World in Conflict: Had to re format, didnt re install. Good game though.
Crysis: Came close, but then the re format incident.

Thats all I can think of now.

MGS4: Who's who's paternal Uncle? Oh wait, that guy is is estranged son but actually is not because his mom is a machine and he has a crocodile's left arm.......

omglol :LOL::LOL:

NES Battletoads. Oh wait, I tore that shit up daily and nightly.

I don't play a large number of games, but I do finish almost all of the ones I set out to. Normal difficulty co-op on Bionic Commando Rearmed was my undoing. Seriously the boss battles become f***ing bullshit because the developers think they can get away with it just because there are now two people fighting simultaneously. WE'RE NOT THE WELL OILED MACHINES YOU THINK WE ALL ARE CAPCOM ****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDGJW5UvPDU

Bioshock: I actually got to the very end, but was so bored and fed up with the story and monotonous gameplay at that point, I had no desire to finish. It was terrible.

Bioshock: I actually got to the very end, but was so bored and fed up with the story and monotonous gameplay at that point, I had no desire to finish. It was terrible.

*thinks back on the game*
*remembers final boss fight*

Yeah you really didn't miss out on anything.

Dragon quest viii

Shadow Hearts( hard to find a copy reasonably priced but i did just get one and will go for it)

Maybe 90 percent of my brothers nes library although ive beaten most if not all super nes titles i played but unless i played it later on an emulator, i rarely beat castlevania or other platforming nes standards

gothic 2 because of saved game glitch

others

Then you ban me too, I couldn't finish the Strider section without cheats.*Hides face in shame*

I struggled to finish that bad Strider battle. The lamest section in all Half-Life games, imo. I was bored as hell and tempted to quit but, well, you just can't leave a HL game unfinished, right? Anyway, Valve, come on, you can do better than that.

I don't play a large number of games, but I do finish almost all of the ones I set out to. Normal difficulty co-op on Bionic Commando Rearmed was my undoing. Seriously the boss battles become f***ing bullshit because the developers think they can get away with it just because there are now two people fighting simultaneously. WE'RE NOT THE WELL OILED MACHINES YOU THINK WE ALL ARE CAPCOM ****

Bionic Commando destroys even the hardiest of men.

That's another which I won't be finishing anytime soon actually. It took me ages to get to the very last level and then I re-installed my OS without backing up the save! >_>

screenshot thread just reminded me that I never finish operation flashpoint, got to the tank commander part and I just foudn the control scheme to be weird and cumbersome and never bothered getting further than that...

Back