Gamescom appearence for Valve

(tried to word the title so I wouldn't get people completely excited)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/307737/news/valve-to-show-new-game-in-august/

CVG have confirmed that Valve will be appearing at Gamescom this year. Whether or not that means a new game or another seminar on games design and Steam who knows. Personally I have a gut instinct we'll see something, HL3 or not.

I think they did mention they felt that it wouldn't feel right for DOTA2 to appear at E3, but they did want to show the game before its release at conventions during the summer (I think it was mentioned that they had plans to show at both Gamescon and Comic-con)

I've seen the size of the exhibitors booths at the hall they are showing at. Its not big, so its definately just DOTA2

I'm supporting the "They gave up on Ep3 a long time ago theory", if anything will be revealed it'll most likely be Half-Life 3, but it will simply continue what Episode 3 was supposed to do (story line wise) but on a grander scale.

That's what I personally believe anyway. As far as a reveal at Gamescom, I don't think so, sadly.

I don't think they gave up on Episode 3. They're probably in the same situation as with Team Fortress 2: they had to redo some stuff, and when they come out, they'll mind**** everyone of us.

I can just imagine Gabe:
"TADAAA!! new ****ing TF2 hats, and another L4D2 DLC!!"
no but seriously.. I think their gonna be talking about that Portal 2 DLC, maybe.. and DOTA 2 of cause...

Personally, DOTA2 is quite an exciting prospect. Seeing as the only DOTA-esque game on the market (that isn't DOTA) is League of Legends, and seeing how painful it can be to play that as a f2p system, I'm intrigued what Valve will bring to the table. Hopefully more than two sodding maps (ala 'league').

Also, I'm looking forward to Portal 2 DLC, but also for the Dev. tools to come out of Beta: I still haven't found a decent way of sharing maps than getting friends to 'compile' them through Hammer...

Personally, DOTA2 is quite an exciting prospect. Seeing as the only DOTA-esque game on the market (that isn't DOTA) is League of Legends, and seeing how painful it can be to play that as a f2p system, I'm intrigued what Valve will bring to the table. Hopefully more than two sodding maps (ala 'league').

Also, I'm looking forward to Portal 2 DLC, but also for the Dev. tools to come out of Beta: I still haven't found a decent way of sharing maps than getting friends to 'compile' them through Hammer...

Uhm.
Heroes of Newerth?

Back