Gametrailers TV Heading to Valve

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gametrailers have released a promo video of the next episode of their Gametrailers TV series. They announce in this promo that they will be visiting Valve to get an interview with Gabe Newell where he apparently has something interesting to say regarding Counter-Strike 2. There will also be new gameplay footage of Left 4 Dead and a new Team Fortress 2 map, possibily Goldrush. The show will be airing on USA channel Spike at 1am on Friday but until then you can watch the promo here.[br]P.S. They also show some wicked footage of Lego: Batman which goes straight into my wanted list.

So this whole "Lego: Batman" I'd not heard anything until this was posted in the Games/Gaming section...

Valve are supposed to be creating this?

Valve aren't no but it looks good :D

So this whole "Lego: Batman" I'd not heard anything until this was posted in the Games/Gaming section...

It's a general game show (similar to the 1up show), the Valve interview will be one bit of it.

Yeah, I misunderstood. I associated Lego: Batman with Valve for some reason. Don't have any clue how, as they clearly have no time for it, anyway.

Cs2 Omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!
Omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!

Cs2 Omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!omg!

Don't get your hopes up high.

Nice.

Although, Lego Batman looks fantastic, and if the Lego Star Wars series is anything to go by, it will be.

:LOL: ahhh bless!

Looking forward to see how Valve will spin CS2 into the completely separate entity we're hoping it to be. I never bonded with CS Source.

I foresee something along the lines of, "It's on our "list" of things to do." I can't see them making a counter-strike 2 on the source engine when nothing would likely change dramatically. They've got so much on there table as it is, and they're probably focusing on bringing cs, dod and such to the source07 engine (i hope).

i hope they make it more playable for noobs, like me, who hate getting nothing but headshots from ubernerds from a far too far distance with a desert eagle or an ak.

-dodo

i hope they make it more playable for noobs, like me, who hate getting nothing but headshots from ubernerds from a far too far distance with a desert eagle or an ak.

-dodo

To be honest, I think the skill involved is part of what makes CS a standout title.

CS2 would be interesting. But if they make it there is sure to be complainers. "It's too different" or "it's too similar to CSS".

-dodo
My brother plays on the same pub every time after he gets home from work. Most of the players get along well. Fast paced, lot of chatter (not spam), players who go there all the time sorta hold up the rules etc. I think the other reason my brother likes that server is that the players themselves do not have ties to a separate competitive community so there usually isn't any one playing that perfect but they still have been playing CSS for a bit.

okay guys, this isn't a random noob post, but a post for your own good.

I have heard that cs2 is Counter Strike online. This is 1.6 graphics, which is suppose to be aimed towards koreans for some reason. I don't know all the details. But i thought it was this first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfT4....halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139469
( i know, its kickass)

but it turned out someone said it was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrTYQ4GbG3Q&feature=related

So please ready yourselfs for a dissapointment. That way, if what i was told is a lie, you will at least be more impressed. But i wouldn't get your hopes up guys. For your own sake ):

Erm... That second video shows de_survivor, released with Cs v1.3 in September 2001. :rolling:

it also shows in the bg at the start Counter strike Online, not normal Counter strike.

so... think what you want to. Personally i am not getting my hopes up for new aweomse graphics, swivel turns and lean counter strike 2 =(

Counter-Strike Online is not CS2.

You really think Valve would let a Korean developer create a "sequel" to the #1 FPS online shooter, and only let it be distributed to a select few foreign countries? Also, CS2 on the Gldsrc engine? Naaaah. Valve wants Source to spread far and wide.

All I know is, is that CS2 is probably still "What's that?" Or, Gabe will say "Counter-Strike 2? Yeah, it's called Left 4 Dead."

If there is even a hint as to a possible CS2, I will shat myself.

You mean there gonna remake counter-strike source, on the same engine, and call it counter strike 2?

I think it sounds lame, why no new IP ?

CSS is just a pretty version of 1.6, not much changed... but making a sequel of counter-strike, redoing everything, wouldnt turn it into something else... not CS, there by killing all what CS stands for; fast paced nerd action.

-dodo

Also, to name something "Lego: Batman" or "Lego: Star Wars" is just a way of saying, "Sorry, we don't want to make absolutely fantastic graphics, so you can play with Lego instead."

That's how I see it.

CSS with the TF2 art style... you heard it here first folks :p

Also, to name something "Lego: Batman" or "Lego: Star Wars" is just a way of saying, "Sorry, we don't want to make absolutely fantastic graphics, so you can play with Lego instead."

That's how I see it.

In the same way that manufacturers of lego say "Sorry, we don't want to make absolutely detailed models, so you can play with Lego instead."

where is the video? shouldn't it be up already? i can't find it anywhere

Wow, Goldrush is looking very nice. Unfortunately nothing in the way of proper information other than 100 speculative points about where they should go next and absolutely nothing conclusive. Still, Episode 3 Tech > Portal Tech has me incredibly intrigued.

Annoying interview tbh. I'd of thought if game trailers were covering things they'd of at least done more than hint at things as it's got good coverage. A decent fly around of Goldrush would of been good rather than the 3 second blipvert we got.

Lego Batman looks pretty cool but I have one question:

WHY THE HELL IS CATWOMAN IN ARKHAM?

Selina Kyle is a perfectly sane woman, and the only thing close to insanity to her is a reasonable fear of captivity.

Doesn't everybody go to Arkham?

Only the insane criminals are supposed to be sent to Arkham in the DC Universe, since it is a lunatic asylum and not a prison. But lazy writers and more importantly the liable lazy editors have misused it so much over the years that it became a trend for any member of the rogue's gallery to be featured as decoration when a scene is set to occur in the infamous asylum for the criminally insane.

Like just a couple of days ago, I was reading a comic by Ann Nocetti and the Penguin who is supposed to be one of his few sane adversaries appeared in the background of it's cafeteria! Plot holes, mistakes, continuity errors and other travesties have plagued the Batman comics in recent years so much that it's barely readable. I won't even get how the harebrained soap opera-esque shark jumping has not only removed all suspension of disbelief but caused it to collapse in a fiery inferno to plummet into the ocean sparking a national tragedy.

Back