The Freeman
Reaction score
:)

http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=3733

gearsofwarfs4.jpg

11/7/06

I won't get a 360 til Dec 2nd

>.>

hey at least yours probably wont be the product of rushed manufacturing like mine and freeze up all the time >< I hope MS replaces mine if I try, or best buy..

Ho hum. Hope the gameplay is there. Why go to all the trouble of making what amounts to be a relatively linear shooter with apparently one basic gameplay mechanic? The reviews should clear this up if indeed it is a misconception of mine.

Once I get a 360 (whenever the damn price drops even once), I will still get this though because its a great way to show off the power of the system if nothing else.

I still don't understand why the process of the disc being sent to manufacturers is called "Gold" but none-the-less I can't wait for this to come out on the PC.

If it's any good mind you.

hey at least yours probably wont be the product of rushed manufacturing like mine and freeze up all the time >< I hope MS replaces mine if I try, or best buy..

same here bhc, mine is being repaired/replaced as we speak. Stupid freezes first, ring of light 1/3/4 afterwards. Hope it will be back in time!

I still don't understand why the process of the disc being sent to manufacturers is called "Gold" but none-the-less I can't wait for this to come out on the PC.
I think it's because the final copy of the game is written on what's called a "Gold master disc", which is then sent to the publisher, who then replicates that master disc, and sends the replicants to disc manufacturing companies. Not to mention it sounds really cool :p

Traditionally, the master copy has a gold label on top to show that it is the FINAL copy... That way, since it has that special gold label on top, people in the office know not to f*ck with it.

If the master disc had a normal run-of-the-mill label on top, then it would be extremely possible for someone to accidently give the manufacturer a "beta" disc if gold / beta disc's have the same label. And then the public would get an old beta version instead of the "gold" version... This happened not too long ago with a title, but I can't remember the name of it.

Overall, it just sonds cool and makes sure people don't f*ck up.

Can't wait for Gears of War, but I really really want a demo first :p

I've been so friggin hyped for this game. If it doesn't deliver, I may just have to go and scream.

Traditionally, the master copy has a gold label on top to show that it is the FINAL copy... That way, since it has that special gold label on top, people in the office know not to f*ck with it.

If the master disc had a normal run-of-the-mill label on top, then it would be extremely possible for someone to accidently give the manufacturer a "beta" disc if gold / beta disc's have the same label. And then the public would get an old beta version instead of the "gold" version... This happened not too long ago with a title, but I can't remember the name of it.

Overall, it just sonds cool and makes sure people don't f*ck up.

Can't wait for Gears of War, but I really really want a demo first :p

I think the bobble bubble game for the DS ****ed up by sending a beta version out.

I'm not hyped about this game at all. Sure it got some new small features but other than that, it's just another FPS. The Uni is getting it so I have a chance to play it before I rip it to pieces but I'm not too sure that I will be overwhelmed by it.

At the moment atleast.

Also, Cliffy is a twat.

Haha. I love how certain members always give their little "Meh"-speech every time Gears of War is mentioned. If they really didnt' care, they wouldn't bother to post.

Haha. I love how certain members always give their little "Meh"-speech every time Gears of War is mentioned. If they really didnt' care, they wouldn't bother to post.

I take it that my post was a "meh"-speech (Since I used the word meh).

But you know, not everyone is hyped about this thing. Does it mean that those who arent cought in the hype can't say what they think about the game? Don't be silly. I love to try it out, but I won't be expecting to be blown away by it. Nice graphics can only wow me for so long.

I'm not hyped either, I think it will be a fun ride, but nothing more.

I just think the whole indifferent thing comes off so forced if someone has to repeat themselves every time the game is mentioned.

I've watched a few bootleg videos of the 4-on-4 deathmatch, and as simplistic as it looks, it does seem like a lot of fun. People were cheering whenever there was a chainsaw kill :D

I think that was because they were really there to see TCM: The Beginning.

I'm not hyped either, I think it will be a fun ride, but nothing more.

I just think the whole indifferent thing comes off so forced if someone has to repeat themselves every time the game is mentioned.

There is a reason for it though. I mean, this game has a LOT of hype. It opens itself up to a lot more criticism from people who normally wouldn't have cared too much. I mean, it could be great, I hope it's great ... but realistically it'll probably be "good" and "overrated."

Take a game like ... I dunno the new Ridge Racer that's coming out or whatever. It will almost positively be a completely solid, good racing game. However, if it was suddenly surrounded by a ridiculous amount of hype and people thinking it's going to be the best damn racing game ever ... well you might see me and others be more vocal in the belief that it doesn't look that awesome even though we normally wouldn't have cared enough to post.

That's kinda how I feel about Gears of War. But I'd love to be proved wrong.

I am the only one who thinks the enemy looks poorly designed?
they look like something from a bad-cheap sci fi movie
"we are the gorsh!!!"

I'm gonna play it when I get a chance, and probably going to have fun. Its also one of those games that really shows what advantages the 360 has over the old xbox.

I am the only one who thinks the enemy looks poorly designed?
they look like something from a bad-cheap sci fi movie
"we are the gorsh!!!"

I think they rock, and whatever they used for inspiration, they chose the right thing.

P4: Get ready to say that alot then about the next generation of games :p A lot of them look really great, but who knows how the gameplay is... A lot of studios will start investing a lot more in the graphics department merely because a lot of people are like you... They care for the graphics and gameplay comes second (unless you live in Nintendo's world where priorities are properly aligned though they sort of don't exactly keep up with the times and push things forward like MS and Sony do).

You know, a subscription to X-Box Live is becoming more tempting.....

Make sure you're prepared to have your face stomped into the curb before signing up :)

I think they rock, and whatever they used for inspiration, they chose the right thing.

but they really look crappy

those humanoids things looks like from a star trek crappy stuf or what ever

the big monster whit canons mounted in the back looks nice,but those humanoids....

I dont care about gameplay really i just love the graphics.

Again, why care about the graphics when the art direction is truly a pile of shit! Were the people watching World Wrestling when they drew these chunky dickheads?

What's wrong with disproportionally muscled badass looking men with big guns?

wait... that came out the wrong way :eek:

Normally i'm not a fan of this type of game (I thought all the UTs looked awful), but having seen GoW multiplayer in action I was stunned - it looks awesome.

Back