George Lucas: "Han never shot first"

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Lucas now says Han never shot first:

Lucas: The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn’t. It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/george-lucas-says-han-never-shot-first-you-were-ju,69159/

I'm convinced he's gone full retard

so then why is there only the sound of one blaster firing in the original? what a dick

At the existence of this thread: Seriously?

it's a recent interview. should we not post interviews with directors that have a huge following? also why would you post in this thread? simply to marvel at the existence of this thread? why bother? just do what I do when I see a thread I'm not at all interested in; dont post in it. it's really hard, I know, but it can be done man. also you should probably realise that not everything that's posted on the web is meant for you

+1 support of this thread's existence as it's recent news and affects all nerds

control panel shoots first

Alderaan shoots first

lol

George, just admit yourself into a psych ward please.

it's a recent interview. should we not post interviews with directors that have a huge following? also why would you post in this thread? simply to marvel at the existence of this thread? why bother? just do what I do when I see a thread I'm not at all interested in; dont post in it. it's really hard, I know, but it can be done man. also you should probably realise that not everything that's posted on the web is meant for you

Okay.

loling at stern going into full defensive mode when the real answer is simply to just post it into the thread that has basically the same relevance

Bad^Hat shot first. :cool:

Yeah but I don't really care, he obviously missed it and it's already generated more discussion than when I linked it, so meh.

Also **** Lucas etc.

This only furthers the belief that he did not have much creative control over the original three movies. Hence them not sucking. The asshole won't even release the original theatrical versions of the movies because he thinks they're inferior to his digitally remastered versions with all that extra CGI crap he added. The fat ass is even starting to look like Jabba the Hutt.

**** him in his turkey neck!

Han Solo should have always shot first. He was being held up by a green Rodian with a blaster pointed right at his chest for the entirety of their conversation. It was only natural for Solo to simply reach down into his holster, grab his beloved gun, and take a shot so as to save his own life. I could easily compare it to a case of self-defense: someone threatens your life, you take the necessary actions to stop them from threatening your life. The impression of Solo being a 'cold-blooded killer' never really came into my mind from that ordeal, or at any other point in the trilogy. He's a smuggler, a mercenary, but by no means a murderer.

Han Solo should have always shot first. He was being held up by a green Rodian with a blaster pointed right at his chest for the entirety of their conversation. It was only natural for Solo to simply reach down into his holster, grab his beloved gun, and take a shot so as to save his own life. I could easily compare it to a case of self-defense: someone threatens your life, you take the necessary actions to stop them from threatening your life. The impression of Solo being a 'cold-blooded killer' never really came into my mind from that ordeal, or at any other point in the trilogy. He's a smuggler, a mercenary, but by no means a murderer.

I think thats cuz george lucas is trying to make star wars so family friendly so he goes whit this stuff all the time,like spielberg whit the guns removed in et,hilarious that tons of childrens where raised whit those movies,but probably they wherent made for childrens but since they are so famous lots of kids watched them and likened so probably this prompted all this changes and this kids friendly route

I think thats cuz george lucas is trying to make star wars so family friendly so he goes whit this stuff all the time,like spielberg whit the guns removed in et,hilarious that tons of childrens where raised whit those movies,but probably they wherent made for childrens but since they are so famous lots of kids watched them and likened so probably this prompted all this changes and this kids friendly route

Agreed, and it's a shame that Lucas went down this path. It ultimately did more harm than good.

Awesome nerd rage up in here. But seriously, it's Lucas' film and he can do what he want with it. Whether that pisses 90% of Star Wars fans off or not, it's gonna happen. It's not like he's gonna see the error of his ways suddenly and change it all back and start pushing the original again.

Actually, he probably will.

He's getting more and more senile every day.

But seriously, it's Lucas' film and he can do what he want with it.

Is it that simple? Certainly it's true for A New Hope, but what about The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi. Neither of those were directed by Lucas. Does he have the right to alter another directors work simply because he's losing his ****ing mind?

Is it that simple?

He owns the rights, so legaly he has the right to do whatever the **** he wants with the franchise (including driving it into the ground).

Well, step outside of the legal framework for a second - because that means **** all, really. What right does he have then?

I watched The Aviator for the first time the other day and it struck me that Lucas is like a dumber, more irritating version of OCD billionaire Howard Hughes. An obscenely rich director/producer, driven by mental illness into making trivial adjustments to his own work, which just make everybody else furious. It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that Lucas lives naked in a 'germ-free zone' bedroom quartered off from the rest of his mansion, urinates only into bottles, and has to clamp his hand over his mouth to prevent himself from wandering around muttering 'hanshotfirst-hanshotfirst-hanshotfirst' in an endless loop.

FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY

Awesome nerd rage up in here. But seriously, it's Lucas' film and he can do what he want with it. Whether that pisses 90% of Star Wars fans off or not, it's gonna happen. It's not like he's gonna see the error of his ways suddenly and change it all back and start pushing the original again.

To offer a dissenting opinion, here's... George Lucas??!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!

http://www.slashfilm.com/george-lucas-speaks-altering-films-1988/

The destruction of our film heritage, which is the focus of concern today, is only the tip of the iceberg. American law does not protect our painters, sculptors, recording artists, authors, or filmmakers from having their lifework distorted, and their reputation ruined. If something is not done now to clearly state the moral rights of artists, current and future technologies will alter, mutilate, and destroy for future generations the subtle human truths and highest human feeling that talented individuals within our society have created.

George Lucas: writer, director, [strike]profit[/strike] prophet.

this doesnt make sense as the later trilogy is far more violent than the original trilogy. in revenge of the sith there's dismemberment, decapitation and kids getting sliced and diced. also burning flesh, death during birth etc etc

What is the point anyway?

I don't see why anyone would discuss this,i mean,nobody is going to hate the film if they don't understand who shot first.

Back