George Lucas: No more star wars movies and it's all your fault!

Greedo NOT shooting first is an important part of the movie. Highlights Solo's character. He is a smuggler/trafficker and will smoke anyone to avoid getting caught that's what made him a badass.

kids find the original trilogy boring

lol

yeah i mean because all this marketing and toy franchise stuff you hate so much is just not selling at all right? it's what's really clogging up the landfills around the world, not waste plastic or thrown away wasted food!!! stern, who else do you think is buying into all this stuff if not the kids who supposedly find it boring? there was and still is plenty of star wars stuff out there long before the new films rolled around, and it still sold like crazy even then. i know as much because i was ****ing rabid for the stuff.

Greedo shouldn't have even had time to fire a shot.

Don't care what anyone says, I'd kill for an entirely new trilogy set in the KOTOR timeline.
I'd have to agree. I'm not a huge Star Wars nut or anything but I've actually really enjoyed the films. I never saw the animated one, though.

I think it's a great universe worth expanding on. Sure, it's lame that Lucas is milking the 3D cow, but if there were some new films made set in the Old Republic, I'd be well up for watching them. I kinda preferred seeing the Jedi and Sith in their prime anyhow, tonnes of them battling each other as opposed to there being like 5 of them left in existence.

lol

yeah i mean because all this marketing and toy franchise stuff you hate so much is just not selling at all right? it's what's really clogging up the landfills around the world, not waste plastic or thrown away wasted food!!!

yes that's EXACTLY what I said ...btw can you point out where I said that exactly?

stern, who else do you think is buying into all this stuff if not the kids who supposedly find it boring?

you mean like this?

M1.jpg

or this?

lego_star_wars_republic_gunship.jpg

or this?

51N48eeokAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

or this:

8085-11.jpg

you know who buys the original trilogy lego sets? guys in their 20's and 30's. kids prefer jedis

there was and still is plenty of star wars stuff out there long before the new films rolled around, and it still sold like crazy even then. i know as much because i was ****ing rabid for the stuff.

and yet the majority of star wars toys being produced today are from the new trilogy + clone wars cartoon. quess which was the most popular kid's costume at halloween a few years back:

child-clone-wars-anakin-skywalker-costume-3350-p.jpg

son has that costume. his friend was commander cody

AAAADANo6XMAAAAAAYzf6w.jpg

and his other friend was

prodimage-9621.jpg

it's all about the clone wars atm

Eejit said:
Stern's kids = all kids?

no but it's a good start. their peers also think the same way as do kids in his school (judging by how many kids were dressed like anakin and none like han solo)

just so you know, everything you just said isn't actually true

I think for our sake and for the sake of the community I should just put you on ignore. it's for the best Yuri

stern i'm not even going to bother with the rest of your post, so instead here's my response to your mental idea that kids don't like old star wars because NO JEDI: i didn't and still don't give a shit about a quasi-religious ninja group of weirdos led by a talking green goblin, i watched stars wars for space battles, mech-walkers, space pirates, yeti monsters, space stations and scout troopers on ****ing hover bikes and i can bet you any sum of money in the world that there a hundred thousand kids out there like me who just like seeing a mega-****ing-wicked-cool x-wing space battle over some prats jumping about with a light stick, and for that reason alone there is a genuine interest in the original star wars.

of course, they can see all that in the new films too... but why deny themselves of three more films? do you really think that kids who might watch the new films are just going to stop there? if there is more to watch in a similar vein, they'll take it, and if it involves firefights and space ships with the wooo and the zoooom and the CRASH and pew pew then why wouldn't they enjoy it? but like, no one is saying that the original trilogy is bigger than the newer trilogy. of course it isn't, we're in a completely different time of marketing, advertising and mass-production. it's like... ten billion times bigger, but it hasn't somehow erased all possibility of enjoying the other films just because it's what a majority audience is subjected to: it's a part of people like your sons generation, after all. my point is that all i need to do is think back on what made me enjoy the first three films, and i'll even guarantee i can get a similar answer out of a couple of people in this thread here, to argue that you statement that ''not much jedi not much good'' is pretty outrageous.

I actually couldn't give 3 shits about jedis either when I was young. The space ships and vehicles were the ****ing cool things. My brother had these little figurines that I would play with all the time. Speeder bikes were the most badass things, and X wings and tie fighters and all that good shit.

Agreed. Jedi and "The Force" were the lamest parts of the whole thing. Give be blasters, armor, Walkers, hover bikes/cars, hover tanks, etc over faggy "the force" any day.

Yep, space ships were where it was at when I was young. Until Dark Forces II, then it was aaaawwwwlll about the lightsaber.

I actually couldn't give 3 shits about jedis either when I was young.

Same here. Don't get me wrong, I've always thought lightsabers were cool, but my biggest Star Wars turn on's were (are) Han Solo, AT-ST walkers and Spaceships, especially the Falcon. So cozy inside!

Speeder bikes are great too.

Also I don't get what Marc Laidlaw hating Star Wars has to do with anything, you can't expect everyone to like it.

for the record, my young brother just got a Lego Millennium Falcon for his birthday the other day.

I think the problem si that the force and the jedi stuff got very overused,in the original movies the lightsabers where even barely used,while int he prequels and all that there is a lightsaber attle every 3seconds,that something the mr plinket review of the prequels brought that I think was one of the biggest points
even I remenber when playing kotor that I was a bit disspaointed that you become a jedi in the game cuz I choosed the smuggler class and thought the gameplay would variate whit it,though it was still a very cool game cuz the plot and characters and world was very cool which is what star wars is about imo

is about the sand cruisers on tattoine,the walkers of the empire of hoth,the lair of jabba the hut,the cloud city,the bar of tatooine,the planet where yoda was,and all the storylines beetwen each others

but they just made a cowboys vs indians scenario of jedis vs siths for the obvious reason of marketing the toys and yadda yadda yadda

so I think the only way star wars could improve is: less jedi and force powers,more story about outlaws sneaking in the place fighting the big enemy instead of just being a army of whatever,and just keeping a focus of some nobody turning into a uber heroe like it allways been

Yep, space ships were where it was at when I was young. Until Dark Forces II, then it was aaaawwwwlll about the lightsaber.

DF2 was the best game. The first game I ever played online! Everyone had 56k modems, and if somebody had broadband they were a dickhead because they had a better ping than everyone else

Star Wars Episode I was the most disappointing thing since my son.

Back