Get ready for some more Red Faction mother f*ckers

Tollbooth Willie

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260860.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;5

F*CK YEAH

Even before Volition shipped Red Faction: Guerrilla, THQ had signaled plans to continue the series beyond the long-awaited installment. In April 2009, the publisher slipped mention of the game's follow-up, tentatively titled Red Faction 4, into a post-earnings release presentation slide, saying it would be out by March 31, 2012. By February 2010, THQ had moved that game's release up to its current fiscal year (ending March 31, 2011).

Details on the game remain largely under wraps. However, a title may have surfaced today, courtesy of Internet sleuthing site Superannuation. On February 22, THQ registered a number of domain names and variant spellings for Red Faction: Armageddon and Red Faction: Origins.

The domain registrations are good for a year, expiring on February 22, 2011. However, none of the listed URLs currently contain any form of content. It is also unclear whether the domain names pertain to a single game or two separate ones.

As noted by THQ president and CEO Brian Farrell in February, Red Faction 4 had been pushed up a year to capitalize on Red Faction: Guerrilla's critical and commercial success. The executive noted that it will feature "robust online gameplay" and that Volition has continued to enhance the game's noteworthy environmental destruction. The studio expects to have the game on hand at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo in June.

Things I want:
Improved engine
Improved in-game graphics
Better story
More varied missions
Co-op

Awesome, can't wait.

What I would really want, is a totally destructible full scale city. Not sparse buildings like in Guerrilla. Also a comeback of the destructible terrain. Digging tunnels FTW.

loved every Red Faction game and each stood out on their own so far. can't wait!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=240877

He commented: "It's sort of a combo of the old one and the new one, so it's... I don't want my marketing guy to be pissed at me for giving away too much, but it goes back underground and it's really cool."

He added: "I think the story [in Red Faction 4] is way more intense this time and I think the story was way secondary to the gameplay last time. It's more integrated this time and it's a cooler story, it's cooler environments and there are elements in it that have never been in a Red Faction before as far as enemies go and... ahh (laughs)."

Could this mean that it will be a FPS, and you can blast tunnels again? If so... :D

I so want to blast tunnels and buildings, gameplay wise that would be nice! also a bit more story and polish and its a sure win

they better make it like the first game

More thought put into the setting would sell me. The technology of Guerilla impressed me, but the scenery was some of the blandest I've seen this generation. There's so much more you could do with oppressive regimes and space colonies, but I suppose most resources were poured into developing the technology for the first game. Hopefully the second will follow the pattern of great sequels we've been seeing lately.

If this game has a decent story, decent story integration, better control responsiveness, and even slightly enhanced geometrically-destructive engine capabilities, I'll be happy.

I'm in the "want to dig tunnels" group.

Meh, it'll still be a shitty PC port. I'm out.

I thought Guerilla was ok for a little while, but if the next one is anything like it, I wont bother.

/me installs RedFaction 1

Aside from GFWL, I thought Guerrilla was a pretty decent port.

Apart from the double game speed bug that happens on an Nvidia card and any windows other than XP. A bug that after 3 patches THQ still hasn't fixed.

Guerrilla had a fun multiplayer component but an unbelievably horrible matchmaking service.

It's unlikely that i will purchase a game developed by Volition ever again. The support for their is non existent. Don't even bother with the PC versions of their games. They got the sloppiest ports in this industry.

Apart from the double game speed bug that happens on an Nvidia card and any windows other than XP. A bug that after 3 patches THQ still hasn't fixed.

I've never heard of that. I'm planing to switch to Windows 7 soon, does that mean I wont be able to play it anymore? :|

Wait a minute, now that i think about it I did instal it once on my dad's PC which has Windows 7. Apart from a weird sound glitch while in surround sound mode, that made background sounds too loud it worked fine...

I've never heard of that. I'm planing to switch to Windows 7 soon, does that mean I wont be able to play it anymore? :|

Wait a minute, now that i think about it I did instal it once on my dad's PC which has Windows 7. Apart from a weird sound glitch while in surround sound mode, that made background sounds too loud it worked fine...

Nvidia card?

Yep, we both have Nvidia cards.

Hmmm, dunno then, it's a common issue if you read their support forums and they said they were looking into after their last patch even though they knew about it before the first patch was released. I guess it's just one of those things that your lucky if it doesn't effect you.

What is weird about it is that you'd expect a game that prides itself with it's physics simulations to be primarily developed for PCs. More processing power...

I hope it turns out good, I enjoyed RFG on my 360.

Definitely want digging tunnels and more compact cities.

I liked the third-person gameplay of Guerrilla better than the first game. I hope they keep it that way.

Definitely want digging tunnels and more compact cities.

I liked the third-person gameplay of Guerrilla better than the first game. I hope they keep it that way.

Better yet, they should make it optional.

I still need to get Guerilla. And Prototype. And a bunch of other games. And I have no money D:

From everything I've read on it, Prototype sucked if you were just going through the missions and was excellent if you played around with your powers.

I heard it's gunna be overrated as shit like the original!

PvtRyan:
822gt.jpg

Prototype is a great game if you're looking for no-holds-barred mindless destruction. Nothing beats running up a skyscraper wall while carrying a tank, only to throw it into a helicopter and then performing a 500-foot suplex, destroying the intersection below.

I enjoyed it far more than I did Infamous. I couldn't even bear Infamous near the end. It was the same fights over and over, no threat of losing.

****ing hunters? Those ****ers are faster, and stronger. Shit.

Back