Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990 dot com

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
..or so the owners of the domain glennbeckrapedandmurderedayounggirlin1990.com would have you believe:

When someone registers a domain like glennbeckrapedandmurderedayounggirlin1990.com, they probably expect to hear from Glenn Beck's lawyers. In this case, it took two days. The site's anonymous operator tells Ars that the whole thing is satire—but that may not be enough to avoid charges of defamation

The controversy started a week ago in the Fark forums, where someone picked up on an old Gilbert Gottfried roast of the "comedian" (scare quotes fully intended) Bob Saget. During the roast, Gottfried repeatedly said (watch the video) that Saget had "not raped and killed a girl in 1990." The Fark forums took the joke about the power of insinuation and applied it to right-wing talk show host Glenn "Obama is a racist" Beck.

One of the Fark readers then took the forum meme to the next level, registering a domain name and launching a web site in order to make a point about talking head TV demagoguery

**** Beck, he consistanly pushes bullshit as truth, he's getting some of that back

I spoke to the anonymous owner of the site, who tells Ars that launching it "just felt right"—it flipped the "birther" non-falsifiable conspiracy theories about Obama's birth and citizenship around and applied the same tactics to one of the biggest talking heads (no pun intended?) on cable news. It's just "using Beck's tactics against him" and is a small way of "directing all this frustration" with Beck and others into action.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...in-name-be-defamation-glenn-beck-says-yes.ars

I bet Glenn did rape and murder a young girl in 1990s, the man is a nut

Yeah, I remember this story from back in the 90s.

This page is awesome. And the fact that lawyers are attacking the site is just hilarious.

Even though I don't ordinarily hold with Rape being something to joke about, I must admit reading the comments on the site did crack me up good and proper. New link here, as the original site is now down apparently:-

http://gb1990.com/

schattenteufel: Actually, there's no proof that he raped & murdered that girl. It's just as likely that he murdered & THEN raped her.

lol

gbrd.jpg

:naughty:

Yes. YES.

Thank you whoever did this.

Wait... they already admitted their intentions. Nooooooo. Keep it serious until he addresses it! What were they thinking!?!

Aw, I wanted to read about how that loser got his shit pushed in. :(

Yes. YES.

Thank you whoever did this.

Wait... they already admitted their intentions. Nooooooo. Keep it serious until he addresses it! What were they thinking!?!

That's libel, they could get sued. This is just satire. By establishing it as such they can defend it and keep the site running.

*sigh* have both sides lost all credibility. has everyone sunk so low as to try to smear shit all over each other instead of tackling the real issues here in civil debate. Both the liberal and the conservative ideologies are shit.

what does that have to do with this particular story? Beck isnt a politiican

*sigh* have both sides lost all credibility. has everyone sunk so low as to try to smear shit all over each other instead of tackling the real issues here in civil debate. Both the liberal and the conservative ideologies are shit.

Glenn Beck is far from deserving civility for the shit spewing he's inundated us with. You have to admit that the comments coming from the right are a lot worse than that of the left. The constant spread of misinformation is appalling.

Centrist Libertarianism for the win

It's not a smear campaign. It's satire aimed at exposing what a stupid cocktwit Glenn Beck is with his Birther shenanigans.

I understand that this forum is prone to liberal circle-jerking given that many of its members are generally roughly aligned in their political thinking. But don't confuse criticism of conservative ideology with mockery of straight-up, purebred ignorance and stupidity. Beck is not being made a target in this case because of his conservative ideals, but because he is an outspoken idiot, period.

Surprisingly, walking out of the debate isn't actually a form of participation in the debate.

Americans politics are shit, period.

It's not a smear campaign. It's satire aimed at exposing what a stupid cocktwit Glenn Beck is with his Birther shenanigans.

I understand that this forum is prone to liberal circle-jerking given that many of its members are generally roughly aligned in their political thinking. But don't confuse criticism of conservative ideology with mockery of straight-up, purebred ignorance and stupidity. Beck is not being made a target in this case because of his conservative ideals, but because he is an outspoken idiot, period.

Granted. Just venting. Its a pretty tough in America today... lots of feeling flying around.

Ignorance is the biggest problem in political conversation. Most people know little about what they say... its just been ground into them since childhood. This goes for both sides.

The only difference between the Republicans and Democrats is is how they entice the people to give them power. All their "issues" is just bait to them... If they knew that in order to get reelected they would have to completely reverse their positions, most politicians would betray their "values" in a second.... there are a few idealists and I give them points for sticking to their guns.

Ah, if only we could do away with these groups and nations and things. Tribal thinking (And I believe this is really just that) is Old Hat and we need to just get rid of it.

A hegemony is an interesting idea... if it could be done that would be great, but I don't think its doable. there is too much cultural identity. There would still be countries... they would just be put under an even larger government. there would still be wars, and conflict. There will always be conflict.

its a great idea in theory.... but would never work... unless we get attacked by aliens.

I wasn't really thinking of a one nation world. I was thinking of a kind of... nation-less world. I'm not saying this is at all achievable, but I like the idea of a world without nation states of any kind.
I'm not sure that I could really explain my ideas very well. I need to think about it myself more.

Of course there will be conflict, but I would like to live in a world where conflict happens on a more individual level. States just shouldn't... be allowed to fight. It's immoral and stupid.

I agree in principle. "If men we angels" we would have no need for government.

You should read The Dispossessed by Ursula Kroeber Le Guin. Its a very interesting SciFi book about two planets. One is very capitalistic and totalitarian and the other had no government at all.

You guys are communists!

Because the goal of communism is a state-less world, both in terms of nations and government!

You guys are communists!

Because the goal of communism is a state-less world, both in terms of nations and government!

This (but without the !)

What you witnessed in the USSR and China is not communism as laid down by Marx, but instead a transitionary phase (though of course in reality no one ever gives up power willingly). Marx wanted to return people to a more agrarian community way of life based around small communities wherein everyones contribution helped the collective. If you want an idea of what Marx was aiming for look at the Kibbutz:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibbutz#The_change_processes_in_the_kibbutzim

The ideal is great, but the reality not so especially where in equality overrides natural ability, or aptitude.

But regardless, is it true that Glenn Beck raped and killed a girl in 1990? I heard something about he got off on a technicality? Is there any truth to this vicious rumour?

Glenn Beck is far from deserving civility for the shit spewing he's inundated us with. You have to admit that the comments coming from the right are a lot worse than that of the left. The constant spread of misinformation is appalling.
You see, I was fine with this post, until,

Centrist Libertarianism for the win
Seriously? Is this necessary? What does this have to do with Glenn Beck being a rapist? Are you the kind of person who shows up at political meetings and just screams 'Ron Paul' while rattling donation tins?

It's tiring, it's old. Libertarianism isn't edgy any more. Take it to another thread.

It wasn't exactly out of place. People were already talking about "liberals" and "conservatives".

Read again. Nobody started that until lord_raken and tyguy posted it. Even Stern asked the same question.

Well Raken started it then. I don't see why you have to be so picky about what gets into the thread.

I'm not sure that I can very well. I'll try though...

If a man attacks me, then I'll try to defend myself (Or run away or whatever).
I won't then go and beat up his family and kill his mother.
Even if someone were to kill my family, I wouldn't go and kill his.

But it seems that this is what happens when states engage in wars. Often the people who are killed are perfectly innocent. For some reason, in a war, it's seen as acceptable to fire-bomb cities and things like that (Okay, that's less common now in some theatres).Some people talk about acceptable losses. How is it ever acceptable to kill a bunch of people, just to get at a bunch of other people? Just because they live on the other side of a border, they become acceptable losses. And it seems to defeat the point anyway. "We're protecting lives by taking the lives of innocents whilst also taking the lives of these other people who are really the bad guys"

I know there are things which seem to complicate this, but basically, what I'm saying is, that if we don't associate ourselves with what are, frankly, primitive notions of nationhood(And anything else, I mean, religion or whatever. It's all just dumb tribal thinking), then we can keep things from getting so stupidly large scale.

I'm not saying that I think any of this is likely or even plausible. I just find myself thinking that I would prefer a world that worked more like that. People can still fight, it's just that they do it on a personal level, because they don't have some great big group that they feel they must defend.

Noble sentiments, but unfortunately the vast bulk of humanity aren't nearly as broad minded in their thinking. Revenge and petty revenge (attacking/punishing others rather than the perpetrator) is sadly a common place occurrence. I do think its important to strive for a better world though, and albeit its the norm for people to deride the present, life for humanity is substantially better now then it was say 500 years ago through incremental gains. Despite large obstacles ahead (environmental & population levels) I believe we will come through, though issues such as nationalism and cultural identity are presently holding us back. People tend to put their nationality, religious beliefs, cultural heritage before the one underlying fact that we are all human. Until they can escape the latter and embrace the former as a species we will always be prisoners.

Oh, yeah. I think the world today for a lot of people is probably vastly better than it ever has been. For the rest, it's probably at least no worse. I'm sure it will continue to improve. I'm just a bit impatient about it, because my life is only so long.

I'm just a bit impatient about it, because my life is only so long

To quote Rob Batty in Blade Runner

I need more life, ****er

There is a degree of frustration to knowing its extremely unlikely I'll ever see mankind achieve interstellar travel in my lifetime. ;(

This frustration isn't helped by knowing that Glen Beck managed to elude justice when he raped and murdered that girl in 1990. I bet she might of helped us achieve it as well....:angry:

****ing Glenn Beck....

Glenn Beck is a retard. I'd love to see his sorry ass getting raped in prison.

To quote Rob Batty in Blade Runner

I need more life, ****er

Accuracy Police:

Roy Batty: "I want more life, ****er"

also:

"Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer)'s odd meld of "father" and "****er" after he says to Tyrell, "I want more life" is deliberate. Hauer was instructed to pronounce it in such a way that it could be both; "****er" was to be used in the theatrical cut, "father" in all versions of the film for TV."

just sayin'

Back