Goldeneye remake??

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
Just saw the trailer on Kotaku, looks decent to me.

I'm still only cautiously optimistic though.

More high-quality FPS for Wii?? Yes please, esp. with this license. Very excited for this. I think a Thief game for the Wii would be brilliant as well....

Or you could just play Goldeneye Source. You won't get a more faithful adaptation of the classic than that.

Think it looks pretty cool.

God I loved that game. I remember getting a n64 for christmas with the James Bond game. It looks alright I thought. Didn't care much for games and shit so who cares right? I might have some fun with it. Then you play facility. And it's ****ing awesome. AND A ****ING TANK ? WHO WHAT THE ****?!? Then blowing threw archives with dual Dostovei I feelt lika a ****ing action hero. AND ANOTHER TANK NO WAY! And train. Holy shit when you get to kill SPOILER Ourumov SPOILER and then have to cut the floor. Seriously... I don't even. I also did everything to shot Alec and Xenia. Fun fact, Xenia calls out to alec that she's been injured. Hilarious. HOW INTENSE WAS CONTROL? I pulled my hair over that shit.

Oh and the multiplayer. Jesus christ the multiplayer. We got into fights, actual fights over odjobb. I hated that guy. I thought no one should use him, becouse everyone else got pissed. But my brother, said he was part of the game. It was easy for him to say, since he feelt that it was his character, and whouldn't even play if someone else picked him before he did.
So awesome.

That looks more like a new installment than a remake and it also looks astonishingly ugly. Like, are they trying to make it look like it did on the 64? Not very interested.

**** that game. Let's talk about Goldeneye 64.

ON A BOAT?!?

Looks... eh.

Especially love the part about having 16 multiplayer modes, implying they've culled the awesome customisation down to a selection of presets. :rolleyes:

Why is it impossible to choose any other James Bond movie and make a new game of it? As opposed to doing Goldeneye yet again and whacking it on a practically last generation console?

Trying to subvert the fact that movie tie-in games are almost universally awful with nostalgia value?

Just a wild guess.

Except this game appears to be incredibly different from the 64 version anyway. May as well try something new rather than making a sloppy and mostly unnecessary remake.

Back