Goldeneye: Source Team Leader Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
Nicholas Bishop, the team leader of well-known modification Goldeneye: Source, died last Wednesday on the 24th of May. [br] [br] Nick, or "Nickster" as he was more commonly known online, who perished at the age of 27, wrote a final goodbye message to his friends and family which was subsequently posted on the Goldeneye forums as a mark of respect by his father. [br] [br] “Nobody knows for sure what happens to our souls when we depart this plain of existence”, reads Nick’s final message, “[but] I am going to find out”. An enthusiastic writer of both stories and screenplays, this was the last paragraph Nick ever wrote. [br] [br] The Goldeneye: Source development team, who are committed to continuing the development in remembrance of Nick, declared in their commemorative news post that they “hereby dedicate this mod fully to Nickster”. [br] [br] You can pay your respects to Nick in this forum thread. May he rest in peace.

His death, was selfish.

"I'm going to kill myself, because I want to see what the afterlife is like. BRB."

But, RIP anyways.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Sad to hear :/
But i will never feel sorry for people who commit suicide.

Have sympathy for the people he left behind. They're the ones who are suffering now.

Epsi said:
Have sympathy for the people he left behind. They're the ones who are suffering now.
Exactly. Any debate about whether it's selfish to commit suicide or not should be kept for the Politics Forum imo.

My condolences to his friends, team members and family.

uh, that's a really stupid reason to leave your loved ones behind. but whatever. may he rest in peace, and my condolences to his family and friends

Sad to hear this, i was just talking to him about 2 months ago.
I helped out the mod in mid 05, so i did my part for the team.

Take it easy Nick.

I agree, Simon & Epsi.

The extract was only the last paragraph, of a longer suicide note. So it's a bit silly to say "OMG, he only commited suicide for the wrong reasons" or other such opinionated crap that people spout out.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

RIP. Very sad, seems a stupid thing to do and I feel sorry for his loved ones.

As sad as this is, I couldn't help but notice the username of the HL2.net staff member who posted this...

how did he kill himself ?
edit: setting his flat on fire ? wait a minute, is that not the most painful way to go ??

He lite his apartment on fire. Great way to kill yourself huh :|

What a selfish lame-ass.
Think about that poor guy's parents. uhg.

People who commit suicide are cowards... I will never feel sorry for people who commit the act. Yes, It's sad for the family and I feel sorry for the family members and loved ones but not the person who took his own life...

I wish the best for his family over his loss...

Darth Sidious said:
Um.. Isn't there already a thread about this?

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106495

But anyway yes this is very sad news.

Ah, I didn't see that. It doesn't matter anyway - front page news is a lot different from a forum thread.

[Dragoon] said:
As sad as this is, I couldn't help but notice the username of the HL2.net staff member who posted this...

Heh. I picked this name about 5 years ago now, and it stuck. People call me "Sui" most of the time. I must admit I'm not too fond of this name.

To everyone calling him a lame ass... your pathetic and totally ill mannered. You have no clue for the reasons behind this, as nor do I. You don't know what or if he was carrying a burden etc...
What ever your view on suicide it's best kept out of this thread. If you have nothing positive to say about someone, just hold your trap (especially in the case of a death). You wish his family the best in one breath and then slander their son/brother in the next... THAT is low. Being disrespectful is not the answer. I hope none of his family members read this.
As someone said go post in the politics section. I don't know why HL attracts so many bad mannered little shits... but it does. I can only guess it's your relatively young ages... one day you'll understand.

O...k. For a second there I thought it was some kind of sick joke, or April the 1st again.

What a way to do it aswell, that's very, odd.

BlackMesaDude said:
People who commit suicide are cowards... I will never feel sorry for people who commit the act. Yes, It's sad for the family and I feel sorry for the family members and loved ones but not the person who took his own life...
Have you ever experienced mental illness first-hand?

Originally Posted by Cargo Cult
Have you ever experienced mental illness first-hand?

Exactly what I was going to say. 99% of you have absolutely no idea what he was going through. Have a heart, for f*ck's sake.

Regardless of his reasons or methods, death is never a happy thing. RIP.

JNightshade said:
Exactly what I was going to say. 99% of you have absolutely no idea what he was going through. Have a heart, for f*ck's sake.

Bingo. To all those calling this guy a coward... You have no idea what you're talking about. When you're in a mental state such as he was you see everthing in a different light.

I feel sympathy for his family and friends but I just cannot imagine why I should feel sorry for a person who commits suicide. (Don't say I don't know what it feels like. You don't know if I or anybody I know has been through it) Yes it is sad but suicide isn't the way to go.

RIP and I hope the family gets through this okay.

Suicide42 said:
You can pay your respects to Nick in this forum thread. May he rest in peace.

Why should I pay respect to someone who commit suicide? what's the honor in that? just another EMO idiot who could't handle life, nothing to see here...

You cannot justify killing yourself, you just can't.
He even sounded like he had a very nice family... truly sad he had no spine and couldn't deal with life.

Sniff sniff, whats that smell? Oh its just Mr scapegoat. There were 31,284 suicides in the Unites states in 2005, or 1.3 percent of all U.S. deaths or 11 people per 100,000. Those 31,284 people must have known something we, the other 98.7 percent of people did not. But one thing for sure they all were selfish.:rolleyes: That number is hard to believe since most everyone I know is selfish in ways that are far worst than the usually shy and humble and polite unstable kid ready to blow his brains out. You would think the real dicks and assholes that disrupt our everyday liuves would end themselves but unfortunately they prosper somehow and that is unfortunate.

Think of this if you will. A woman and a man get married. They have a child together. The mother and father care and love this child more than anything, they'd even give their lives to save the childs. Now something happens in the childs life when it grows up. The kid cannot handel what has happened to them so they kill themselves. Parents are broken hearted and will always remember that they couldn't help their son or daughter in their time of need.

I'm just saying there are better ways to get out of your jams in life.

with a young healthy man like that, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

You people calling this guy selfish have NO idea what you are talking about. People kill commit suicide for more reasons then "they feel bad". When I worked at a nursing home you would be appalled by the number of residents who tried to kill themselves. Maybe this guy had some sort of disease that was going to cause him alot of pain. Can you think past the obvious? Wouldnt it be selfish to force a person to live in a lot of pain (emotional or physical) beacuse you want to see them? Use your head and actually think before you go shooting your mouth off about such sensative things.

Man, fire has got to be the most painful possible way to die. To choose to go out like that does indicate some sort of mental illness. Very sad indeed. ;(

edit: Actually, when I think about it, he was probably using the gas fumes to aphyxiate, and they probably got ignited by something else.--no, wait, the article says charcoal grill, but maybe he was using the smoke.

Did they say anything about him having Manic Depression? that may have caused him to do something so horrible to himself and family.

its very sad news, RIP.
i think he had his reasons, and if you dont know the reasons why he killed himself you cant just call it selfish. show some respect.

-dodo

Did anyone else notice that he commited suicide exactly three years after he made that forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back