Got my copy of MGS4 !!

I should just ban MGS4 discussion and delete this thread until I have a copy of the game and a console to play it on.

Samon, lol what!? Where's your head at foo'!? You HAVE to judge games without playing'em, otherwise it ain't funny!:(

Try leaving Playboys on sentry routes, throwing empty clips to draw attention away from you, tapping on walls to cause distractions, and have your box/barrel nice and handy. Sleeping gas mine can also be very useful.

Yeah I suppose the problem was more I played gung ho so I could get through it quicker cos the story was sooooo good :)

I should just ban MGS4 discussion and delete this thread until I have a copy of the game and a console to play it on.

I though you said you would never get a console for one game :p

i said it as well but the ps3 ain't mine :p

My copy should come tomorrow. :D I've played the first 2 games but not the 3rd and that was yeaaaars ago, are they relevant to the story at all (except the characters)?

Yes, yes they are. Read a synopsis of the missing part at the very least.

The third is a flashback, showing us the origins of Big Boss, so you're actually not missing any of the Snake storyline by just playing 1 & 2. You are missing a treat, 3 is fantastic, though I only ever played Subsistence so I never had to deal with any dodgy camera issues.

Best. Game. Ever. Seriously...this game changed me :eek:

Be sure to watch through the credits :thumbs:

HOLY SH*T BIG BOSS COMES BACK!

The beginning of act 4 is one of the most amazing things ever happened in a video game.

back to to playing.

I have a question, seeing as I've only played the first Act(Don't own the game yet), does MGS4 make references to the story of MGSPO?

OMG just finished it. Think im gonna try it again without being spotted this time, ... which will be quite hard.
Anyway, my final score was "Eagle" for all my headshots. Killed 473 - 38 continues - 37 weapons.
I have a question, seeing as I've only played the first Act(Don't own the game yet), does MGS4 make references to the story of MGSPO?
Yeah.

-dodo

Could someone point me to a good explanation of the MGS enitre stroyline? One that doesn't take a half hour to read, almost like a TL;DR one.

You can't understand the entire MGS storyline in an hour, let alone a half-hour..

in the back of the MGS3 book (gameplay/easteregg/bla bla book) there's a explanation of the entire story line. But MGS4 changes everything, so you should just play through them all, its great fun.

-dodo

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, it's out already? I really need to keep up with the times.

Could someone point me to a good explanation of the MGS enitre stroyline? One that doesn't take a half hour to read, almost like a TL;DR one.

It's not possible.

Yes but only slightly. They only bring up 2 points which can be understood even if you haven't played it.

Iv been playing MGO for the past few days and cant stop. Really fun, been pretty much focusing on leveling my assault, grenade, and running skills. Been playing guns blazing and iv ranked up about 300 kills with 200+ being head shots.

I beat it yesterday ... it really is one of the greatest games ever made and I think it's the best MGS game.

I have to say that I wasn't entirely satisfied with the epilogue, but it was still a great game.

in the back of the MGS3 book (gameplay/easteregg/bla bla book) there's a explanation of the entire story line. But MGS4 changes everything, so you should just play through them all, its great fun.

-dodo

I would but all I have is a 360.

I'm glad to see everyone is speaking so highly about it. I really can't wait until I get to buy a PS3 after summer. It's the only thing driving me to get though a 40 hour shit job and 10 hours of class each week.

Is there a way to replay cutscenes?

And I don't think autosave works, I'm having to save manually each time as if I close the game and come back on I have to start all over again pretty much.

Back