Got my copy of MGS4 !!

put some pics up when you get a chance

Im going to make a thread about it. I have hours of video footage of the lines! oh and i met a guy from the Deus Ex 3 dev team it was INSANE!

I just finished it, holy christ the ending is long. :x

best bit: Meryl and Johnny arguing the terms of their new relationship while shooting the shit out of soldiers. also sneaking around eastern europe in a trenchcoat :dork:

My end rank was "Lobster", because I crouched a lot. :|

How long would you say the game is, including cut scenes?

Wow the game came out today and he beat it, game sounds really really short.

got a litle questiong

at the end there is a new big metal gear like in all the titles?

OMGOMGOMGOMGOM OMG !
still in the middle of the first act.
Absolutly loving it so far, i managed to 4 hours of sleep before having to go to work again.

-dodo

Just got it today. It is possibly the best loking game I have seen. I was watching the intro and thinking "wow this cgi looks pretty good" then the camera pans around, hud pops up and im playing it.

Also It seems like its a little more action based (though that may just be the way I'm playing it, i only just got around to playing/finishing GOW so I'm running and gunning alot) so maybe I should take a chill pill and do some good ol fashioned sneaking lol.

Im watching snake smoke as my game installs. CAN'T WAIT!

I'm really getting into this now :)

Being able to roll onto your back, play dead and then pop somene right in the face is awesome.

Wow the game came out today and he beat it, game sounds really really short.

Actually, I started playing it wednesday morning. :) I wanted to finish it as quickly as possible so I can avoid being spoiled by anyone else. Also my copy of Okami on the Wii arrived today, so I wanted it finished before that got here.

How long would you say the game is, including cut scenes?

My total play time was over 17 hours, and I pretty much gunned my way through most of the game as fast as possible. If you were sneaking your way through most of it, it could take longer. Definately a long game.

at the end there is a new big metal gear like in all the titles?

No, but you get to pilot REX and fight a RAY when you go back to Shadow Moses (which Ocelot is driving)

Does Ocelot ever regain control of his body? I like him as a villain more than I do Liquid.

Shake your sixaxis when in a cutscene :p Nice touch. I want this ****ing game.

Got my LE Edition yesterday! I am just a few hours into the game, oh boy I can feel this game is going to be epic! Metal Gear Solid 4 marathon for me this week-end!

Same here ! Cant wait to get home,...

-dodo

GT's review is up - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35050.html

Holy crap, that looks good, graphically I mean. I don't think I've seen it looking that crisp and fluid in any of the pre-release movies. Game doesn't seem too bad either... if my 360 decides to kark it again, I might just be tempted to go over to the dark side.

IGN gave MGS 4 a 10? What's with all the 10s lately? None for years and then two within 6 months of each other.

10 is a just a fanboy review, I am am big fan of the MGS series, loved MGS 3 but I bet I could a much more accurate review than that, because even though it looks good, it doesnt look like a 10 to me.

I've gotten a chance to play the game for a bit too, everyone knows I'm a big MGS fan and I am definitely enjoying MGS4, but there was one thing I was dissappointed by, the CQC, it still feels VERY clunky, and it uses close to the exact same animations as MGS3 did, which are pretty ugly IMO..

No, but you get to pilot REX and fight a RAY when you go back to Shadow Moses (which Ocelot is driving)

there are more robots besides the ones that allways appears in the trailers?
you know besides the gekkou the flying screaming bats and the rollingballs whit arms

if that is important to the plot them dont answer

Just beat Act 3 and let me tell you ****ings HOLY ****ING SHIT!

O

M

G

After watching the GT review, I've gotta say...

I wish I had a PS3.

This is a seriously good game. There's so many ways to aproach each situation, fun things to try, stuff to discover. I started the game again after 4 hours or so to see encounters from a new angle and it's crazy how different it's been second time around - taking alternative routes, discovering new scripted sequences and items - it was like seeing areas for the first time.

:bounce:

there are more robots besides the ones that allways appears in the trailers?
you know besides the gekkou the flying screaming bats and the rollingballs whit arms

if that is important to the plot them dont answer

I don't remember any

Anyone else guilty of just leaving the main menu open to the listen to the music? :D

Asuka said:
Just beat Act 3 and let me tell you ****ings HOLY ****ING SHIT!

Wait until you see ACT 4 ;)

Couldn't really care.

Although I'd like to try it.

i had sex with this game and all my friends were jealous.

I don't remember any

Anyone else guilty of just leaving the main menu open to the listen to the music? :D

Wait until you see ACT 4 ;)

Gets got to Act 5 and holy ****ing shit! All i can say is PERFECT GAME!!!

Never played an MGS game, still can't see why there is so much hype for this one.
I tried reading through every post in this topic so I could create a truly valid reply, but my God this struck a nerve. Scrap that, didn't just strike a nerve, it struck my entire f***ing nervous system.

Firstly, why even say this? What does it contribute to a thread clearly for those who picked up the game or those interested in doing so? I appreciate comments from non-fans when they are witty, intended humorously, or show some understanding of the game in question, but this shows none of the above.

Secondly, it's quite damn obvious you wouldn't see why there is hype about a game since you stated you've never played one. In no way at all do you have any reason to post in this thread other than upping your post count.

I don't mean to flame or offend, but posts like these are why I tend to avoid forums.

Now to keep on-topic, I cannot wait for this game. I'm a MGS fan to the blood and this is will be a near religious experience for me when I finally pick up a PS3, this month or next. Good to see it's not disappointing the fans.

Edit: To those moaning about a game being rated 10, please grow the hell up. Christ, what if people moaned every time a movie was ever rated 5 stars?

I tried reading through every post in this topic so I could create a truly valid reply, but my God this struck a nerve. Scrap that, didn't just strike a nerve, it struck my entire f***ing nervous system.

Firstly, why even say this? What does it contribute to a thread clearly for those who picked up the game or those interested in doing so? I appreciate comments from non-fans when they are witty, intended humorously, or show some understanding of the game in question, but this shows none of the above.

Secondly, it's quite damn obvious you wouldn't see why there is hype about a game since you stated you've never played one. In no way at all do you have any reason to post in this thread other than upping your post count.

I don't mean to flame or offend, but posts like these are why I tend to avoid forums.

Now to keep on-topic, I cannot wait for this game. I'm a MGS fan to the blood and this is will be a near religious experience for me when I finally pick up a PS3, this month or next. Good to see it's not disappointing the fans.

Edit: To those moaning about a game being rated 10, please grow the hell up. Christ, what if people moaned every time a movie was ever rated 5 stars?

Agreed.

I think you overreacted here but back to your point, I shared similar sentiments when I read that post as well but I've learned to just avoid replying altogether. Ignorance aside, the post just screamed of "Troll!" and there's really no point in arguing when his position is so clearly and obviously flawed.

There should be a warning at the top, since people can post spoilers like HOLY SHIT SNAKE SHOOTS HIMSELF AT THE END.

Back