GT to Reveal New Episode Three Info?

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
This week, GameTrailers TV will reveal new Left 4 Dead 2 campaign plus news on Episode Three and Portal 2. [br]

GT TV will air this Thursday. Watch the promo here.

Will quite obviously be the same back when they had the "exclusive scoop on Counter-Strike 2"

Their only gonna ask him about it.. he'll probally ramble on about his lunch or something and dodge the question.

Will probably be something extremely subtle.

I wouldn't get too excited. :dozey:

I am not sure if "asking Gabe about EP3 and Portal 2" equals to him actually answering to those questions, except I guess they wouldn't advertise it that way if he did it again.

Yes! :D At last SOMETHING. Let's hope its good.

I'm pretty sure all you're going to get is a video of Gabe saying "We have nothing to announce" or something close to that.

What did the supposed scoop turn out to be?

They made this hype about CS2, saying that they've gone to Valve to find out the latest news on the Counter-Strike 2, obviously they didn't really "lie", but obviously everyone regarded it as atleast an confirmation of Counter-Strike 2.

When the show finally aired they talked about Episode 3 and how Valve wanted to make a meaningful "upgrade" to The Orange Box, and they asked him if CS2 would be in it, to which he replied no, and then went on to talk about how great the community, yada yada, and then they cut to, i think, Doug Lombardi talking a bit more about how great the community was, yada yada.

In the end, it was hyped to be atleast the smallest tidbit of positive information, but failed to deliver, so that's why i'm think we'll get a similar "Oh we can't talk about this", or generic vague "Oh this is going to be great".

Ya i dont think theres going to be any EP:3 news maybe a hint on when they will show more..

Their only gonna ask him about it.. he'll probally ramble on about his lunch or something and dodge the question.

I think he'll say, "wer're not ready to talk about it at this time". For portal 2 he'll say they are definitely looking to make a sequel. Probably nothing new here.

They won't announce anything.

GT TV pulls this crap all the time just to get ratings. They're basically advertising the questions they'll ask, but the answer usually falls along the lines of "It's in development".

Honestly Episode 3 will be huge and if Valve were to announce it they would do it themselves in typical stylish Valve fashion.

I'll eat crow if Valve announces anything worth getting excited about.

This episode will basically be for people who don't follow Valve like we do here at HL2.net.

In the interview Gabe Newell says the word 'Three' & everyone shits themselves!!! That's about as close to EP3 as we're going to get at the moment :(

I bet when Gabe is about to speak about EP3, Doug Lombardi will jump in front of him and say, "Stay tuneddddddd. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL."

It's just going to be-

Episode 3 is going to continue the adventures of Gordon Freeman after Episode 2. We're really excited.

You are a god damn content WRITER. USE OTHER WORDS. Stop using old, dead internet memes in your posts ffs. Don't even use current ones. You should be better than such childish things if you consider yourself a writer.

Word. Besides, "epic" has lost it's meaning completely. It's not EPIC.
It's just good to hear.

"Episode 3 has gone gold and we will be shipping it to you on September 30th, 2009."

eh I'm skeptical. The promo says "we ask them about Episode 3" (bolding is mine)

people can ask all they want, doesn't mean they're getting actual new news. I mean I WANT them to make announcements and throw us some kind of tidbit, but I've been turned a bit cynical on the whole thing.

We'll get something about as informative as "Episode 3 will have headcrabs."

Or will it?

Starts at 12:30am.

Which timezone? And are you sure about that? Thats very early for a lot of people.

Word. Besides, "epic" has lost it's meaning completely. It's not EPIC.
It's just good to hear.

Exactly. And I think im being censored. Someone deleted my post. Thanks for quoting it so the man can't keep us down!

Exactly. And I think im being censored. Someone deleted my post. Thanks for quoting it so the man can't keep us down!

I'm the man, and I'm going to keep on keeping you down. In the news threads, stick to discussions of the news. If you have an issue with how a staff member does their job, use the feedback section or send a PM.

KTHXBAI OMG LOL MEME

lol GT and G4

OMG WE HAVE EXCLUSIVE VALVE REVEAL ON OUR SHOWS wait lol no jk they can't discuss EP3 YET but LOOK AT THESE SHINY NEW GAYMS

That's GT and G4. Don't get hopes up on any news on Episode 3.

It's going to be bundled with Left4Dead 2. That would be a nice surprise.

They won't announce anything.

GT TV pulls this crap all the time just to get ratings. They're basically advertising the questions they'll ask, but the answer usually falls along the lines of "It's in development".

Honestly Episode 3 will be huge and if Valve were to announce it they would do it themselves in typical stylish Valve fashion.

I'll eat crow if Valve announces anything worth getting excited about.

This episode will basically be for people who don't follow Valve like we do here at HL2.net.
I think he'll say, "wer're not ready to talk about it at this time". For portal 2 he'll say they are definitely looking to make a sequel. Probably nothing new here.
Thanks for the reality check there, guys. Between this and the TF2 update, my head was about to explode.

This.

"We're still not ready to show that yet. I can't tell you why, but there's a very good reason."
Or similar.

What did the supposed scoop turn out to be?

That CS is one of their beloved games and they haven't quite given up the franchise yet. Likewise they have no CS project in the pipeline though.

He's probably just going to say stuff that we already know about :(

It says in the preview somthing along the lines of, "We catch up on ..." in other words they ask about it. Valve have been very strict in saying nothing about their other projects, I guess at the most we can hope for some sort of revised timeline on when we MIGHT get some info.

I am quite interested to see the third campaign though.

Back