GTA and kids violence mixed again,but in a diferent way...

<RJMC>

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/5513473/grand-theft-auto-used-to-steer-children-away-from-violence-thats-new

Grand Theft Auto, often the whipping-boy for the anti-violent video games movement, is being used by a program in Merseyside, England to help stop children becoming desensitized to violence. Welcome to Bizarro world.

Whenever the subject of violent video games arises, Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto franchise seems to be the go-to example of a game that can seriously harm children playing it, altering their brain meats until they are seething masses of aggression and hate - and I'm only exaggerating slightly here.

So excuse me if the fact that the Get Real project in Merseyside is using images from the series to help teach children the harsh reality of swinging about stabbing or shooting people.

The program, backed by a £15,000, is the result of collaboration between the Merseyside branch of Support After Murder and Manslaughter and the Merseyside Police. Images from Grand Theft Auto, along with The Simpsons' Itchy and Scratchy and Bugs Bunny cartoons, are placed on a series of cards, which educators use to provoke discussions on the real consequences of violent actions.

While some parents objected to the display of images from Grand Theft Auto to primary school children, Support After Murder and Manslaughter branch chairman Gaynor Bell explains there are methods behind this madness.

"They (children) see violence so often in their daily lives that they are desensitized to it and cannot really appreciate the consequences of picking up a hatchet and swinging it around. This is all about showing them that if they put a knife in someone, that person will die and they will end up in jail. It is getting the message over to them about what's real and what isn't."

holy shit finally some comon sense in this world?

nah something will happen,either some christian ruin this or some soccer mom or anything,is scientifically impossible these things last long or,more unbelievable,end up working and accepted

but this is in england so maybe..............................naaaaahhh

is just impossible

Gaynor Bell?

To be fair you only go to jail if you get caught.

What a ****ing non-story. A few screen shots being shown to kids. What hack wrote this shit.

I agree with Solaris, why this story made Kotaku, I have no idea.

I lol'd ZT, especially since I imagine Nico's voice saying that along with that picture :LOL:

dem Kotaku, and their stupid Wapanese new posts

guns don't kill people, people kill people. you could take all the guns off the streets but people will just pick up a sword again. its in our nature.

Lesson of the day: When committing murder, eliminate all evidence.

guns don't kill people, people kill people. you could take all the guns off the streets but people will just pick up a sword again. its in our nature.

LOL:LOL:But,

it is so true.

Back