GTA V announced

If they release the game, I hope it's a proper port this time. GTA4 on PC had shit draw distance, no anti-aliasing, shit car physics, underpopulated NYC and gray tint.

Game looks like they put a lot of work in it, for that, my opinion is too biased in this matter to judge the game, given that it is a terrorist simulator and promotes virtually all forms of societal degeneration, unless I'm getting the wrong message.

Game looks like they put a lot of work in it, for that, my opinion is too biased in this matter to judge the game, given that it is a terrorist simulator and promotes virtually all forms of societal degeneration, unless I'm getting the wrong message.

Doin' G-d's work, son. This thread just got a whole lot better.

So I just did the torture mission and felt kind of unpleasant pulling teeth and waterboarding inside of a ****ing quick time event, then I get to the end of the mission and somehow I missed a mark on the 100% checklist. I'd thought about going back and getting gold in everything eventually, but the thought of redoing that and... I guess torturing better for extra marks is kind of unsavory. It strikes me that this may be a strange thing to have moral misgivings about in a Grand Theft Auto game.

Also I'm starting to remember how much I dislike the way Rockstar writes anti-heroes, something that nearly ruined IV and RDR for me, plot-wise.
Oh well, game's still fun. Here's some cool stuff.

BadHat

You get the mark for not stopping his heart and having to restart it during the torture. Pretty sure you have to do the torture in a certain order. Or not be rough with the cables.

So far I'm loving Trevor most out of the characters. Great game.

If they release the game, I hope it's a proper port this time. GTA4 on PC had shit draw distance, no anti-aliasing, shit car physics, underpopulated NYC and gray tint.

You could adjust the draw distance. You could adjust it so that you could see way further than you could on console.

So, are some of the Strangers & Freaks missions missable? I've completed the first heist and regrouped with the other two. Now some of Franklen's Strangers & Freaks question mark thing is missing. The one with the street race. :\

You could adjust the draw distance. You could adjust it so that you could see way further than you could on console.

It might have been slightly better on PC, but it doesn't change the fact the game had shit draw distance. I'd say the only redeemable thing about GTAIV on PC was the mods like Icehancer and that Iron Man mod.

Well those last three things you mentioned have nothing to do with it being a bad port, that's just how the game was in general. I do agree that the car physics and colour palette were not that great in GTA4, though that seems to be rectified in GTA5.

So, are some of the Strangers & Freaks missions missable? I've completed the first heist and regrouped with the other two. Now some of Franklen's Strangers & Freaks question mark thing is missing. The one with the street race. :\
Some are restricted to certain times of the day; the street race is only at night.

Oh. That makes me feel better. I'm like anal and stopped playing for a bit for fear that I've missed out on something.

GTA V store page updated on Steam...

IT'S HAPPENING!

The PC port is legit, it was definitely worth the wait.

Back