GTA V set in Hollywood?

still to this day don't understand what people mean by the last GTA being realistic. if by realistic you mean it has ragdolls, vehicle physics and people actually respond accordingly to getting shot at, well... i guess it's sort of realistic. everything else felt like GTA to me, except it was just more up to date and with a much more interesting story than previous others.

That's what I meant by realism. A story that doesn't have you infiltrating a military base, but doing errands for the mafia and such. And bank heists, OH THE BANK HEISTS.

Man. I hated the realism in GTA 4. In a sandbox game, the world needs to be your oyster. You need to really be able to **** around with that world.

Saints Row 2 gets a bad rep around here. But I can't speak highly enough of it just for how much fun it is to plop into a game with your buddy and get your chaos juices flowing. Give it a real chance. Play it with a buddy for a week. You will go back to GTA 4 and see how dull it is. Everything available in the singleplayer game is available online too. GTA can't say that. GTA can't say that you can take off your clothes and get a wanted level for streaking through the map. NOPE! Yea. They bust through a TRAIN WITH A MOTORCYCLE in that second video. GTA DOESNT EVEN HAVE TRAINS IN MULTIPLAYER. Not even RDR has trains in multiplayer. RDR's world is barely even alive in multiplayer!

If the driving in Saints Row II wasn't so god damn terrible, I would enjoy the game.

It's so arcadey it couldn't ever approach fun for me.

If the driving in Saints Row II wasn't so god damn terrible, I would enjoy the game.

It's so arcadey it couldn't ever approach fun for me.
Guys come on, the driving in Saint's Row 2 isn't that horrible. You all are just splitting hairs. I honestly can say I don't see much difference in SR2's driving compared to earlier GTA games.
GTA IV sure, but after you complete the story line, there's not really much else to do in that game in terms of pure, unadulterated mayhem and chaos. Running over people with realistic driving physics is only fun to me for about 30 minutes or so, and then I yearn for more creative ways to make people's lives miserable. I don't want more realistic cop encounters where the player can barely survive and must flee, I want to be a demi-god of destruction and suffering in my sandbox games and SR2 delivered on that aspect where GTA IV didn't. Other than the physics, GTA still had a great story, but that's about it tbh.

Well, pushing people down a flight of stairs was pretty fun with GTA IV physics too, but you get my drift right?

The Saints Row games are a lot fun in terms of gameplay but they lack direction and are somewhat of a technical mess. The PC version of Saints Row 2 especially. My main gripe with Volition is the lack of support for their games.

The Saints Row games are a lot fun in terms of gameplay but they lack direction and are somewhat of a technical mess. The PC version of Saints Row 2 especially. My main gripe with Volition is the lack of support for their games.
The 360 version isn't all that bad. A few minor bugs here and there, but nothing game-breaking. At least it's nowhere near as bad as Fallout 3's bugs.

I'll admit that you're better off trying to ice skate with a broken leg than driving in SR2 (motorcycles suck dick 4x). That's why I unlocked unlimited sprint and no fall damage from the side challenges as soon as I could. I'm hoping for Volition to realize what they could have with a more polished game here and put out something truly super mega awesome with Saints Row 3.

I'll admit that you're better off trying to ice skate with a broken leg than driving in SR2 (motorcycles suck dick 4x). That's why I unlocked unlimited sprint and no fall damage from the side challenges as soon as I could. I'm hoping for Volition to realize what they could have with a more polished game here and put out something truly super mega awesome with Saints Row 3.
Other than the unrealistic driving mechanics and a few bugs, I'm completely blow away how anyone could say how unpolished SR2 is, although there's always room for improvement.

I think most of Bethesda's games better fit the description of, "unpolished" imo. You guys are just GTA IV fags imho. :arms:

I'd prefer it if it took place in Chicago or New York in the 20s. Would be a nice change.

I'd prefer it if it took place in Chicago or New York in the 20s. Would be a nice change.
...but Mafia 1 already proved that old cars don't make for very exciting chases. There were modified "bootlegger" cars though criminals used to evade law enforcement while pushing illegal alcohol during the prohibition. Wonder how fast they could go?

Still, most of the normal stock cars would suck. I'd prefer to have a GTA no earlier than the 50's.

Other than the unrealistic driving mechanics and a few bugs, I'm completely blow away how anyone could say how unpolished SR2 is, although there's always room for improvement.

I think most of Bethesda's games better fit the description of, "unpolished" imo. You guys are just GTA IV fags imho. :arms:

Yo. I'm a huge SR2 nut hugger in these parts. But let's not deny that the PC version of SR2 was pretty balls on the technical side. The game didn't support widescreen resolutions until several patches later, no mouse nav in menus, poor performance (especially now compared to how good Mafia 2 was able to look and run), yadda mcyaddas.

Gameplay wise, SR2 did a good job of making you feel like a god among men. Aside from the :rolling: driving of course. But gods don't ****ing drive.

Yo. I'm a huge SR2 nut hugger in these parts. But let's not deny that the PC version of SR2 was pretty balls on the technical side. The game didn't support widescreen resolutions until several patches later, no mouse nav in menus, poor performance (especially now compared to how good Mafia 2 was able to look and run), yadda mcyaddas.

Gameplay wise, SR2 did a good job of making you feel like a god among men. Aside from the :rolling: driving of course. But gods don't ****ing drive.
It's a no-brainer that most console-to-PC ports usually suck these days, which is why I don't do much PC gaming anymore. Oh, also because I'm poor. :(

Console version was terrific though imo and in many ways superior to GTA IV.

EDIT> Oh,
There's already a game like that anyways and it's called Crackdown. Even down to the part where you said gods don't need to drive.

SR2 still makes the player feel god-like in it's own way though.

I'd love a future GTA game. Something like Bladerunner's setting (with some Minority Report thrown in to the more well off areas of the city). That way we can have jetpacks and srs bsns.

Back