Guild Wars 2

Watching the trailer almost hyped me, because it looks rather beautiful, but then I remember it's an MMO, so the gameplay (namely the combat) is likely going to suck.

Wow, the screengrabs are hard to believe.
ss_preview_1.jpg.jpg

It's a strange thing that I never got the first Guildwars. Free Online play has my name written all over it, so I hope that hasn't changed.

I'll have to check this out when I have more time.

EDIT:
Plus you can be this race:
ss_preview_ExternalMural_Charr.jpg.jpg

Looks nice, I've been planning on buying GW1 for a long time because it's the only good MMO which doesn't require a monthly price.
I think I'll wait for this

Sucks that I got into GW1 so late... It felt like I was just playing a singleplayer RPG with ai companions, no one wanted to tag along to do any quests or anything. :(

Sucks that I got into GW1 so late... It felt like I was just playing a singleplayer RPG with ai companions, no one wanted to tag along to do any quests or anything. :(

I'm playing it yet again from the beginning.... ;)

I might think about reinstalling it then. ;)

LOL, sorry. A guy from another forum was playing Starcraft with me, and he said he had GW, I said I had it...so I got back on. I only have a lvl 5.5 Monk/Mesmer at the time in Pre. There could always be more people!

I wonder if the story time mode will be any good this time... probably not. All it needs is random arenas and I'll be happy, though.

omg, half of the trailer is only 2d sprites, that's so lastgen!!1

A lot of diverse locations. Looks gorgeous. I recently purchased it off Steam too. Just haven't had the time to get into it. If anybody would like to team up, please let me know.

That trailer has renewed my interest in Guild Wars. I might have to reinstall it again. That game almost gave me a friggin' heart attack once.

Loved GW1, have well over 1000 hours of playtime racked up over my characters.
This new game sounds immence! Trailer has me even more hyped than I already was. Can't wait! :D
I'm hoping it comes out sometime next summer when I'm free from uni. Anytime between now and then would be bad for my grades! xD

I've never played the first, but the trailer for the second was awesome. Downloading a free trial right now. If Aion fails to deliver, I may give this a go.

Looks awesome! I'm playing it right now, and its announcement last year was partially why I bought it.

Yep, it's free just like the last one. One of my most anticipated of next year for shoggles.

Free in the sense that there's no monthly fee, sure.
You still have to buy the game itself.

The voice actress who does that technology gnome character is Felicia Day.

You would do her, amirte?

The voice actress who does that technology gnome character is Felicia Day.

You would do her, amirte?

without her even noticing it yes. i'd be in and out like the Flash and all of a sudden one day she'll flop onto her bed thinking of how magical it all was

To this day, I still bemoan the money I spent on GW1. I bought the damn game the day it was released in my area & In an attempt to try & find one redeeming feature, I Played every class up to level 12 except for a Mage, which reached level 15. Not sure the total amount of time I played GW1, but I would hazard a guess @ about 3 months. Though after the first week, I realized the game was junk.

Pro's
1) No monthly fee

Con's
1) Childish & vastly immature players infested the servers. ( Not sure how it is now )
2) No one wanted to party, except for the missions you had to & even then, the players within the party would play as Rambo.
3) Poor combat damage & poor magical damage. Enemies were always several levels ahead of you, so it was a true grind to get through an encounter.
4) EVERYONE LOOKED THE SAME.

Does GW2 look nice? Very much so. Will I be getting GW2? Highly doubtful.

-MRG

Guild Wars was the longest running game I've ever played, around 5 months in all. For the price of the game itself it was the best value for money game i've ever owned.

However, it is best to play it with only friends right from the start as the majority of players are 11 year old tards. Will be getting the sequel, as will the same friends I played the first one with. Good times.

That trailer was amazing! Definitely looking forward to this one. It looks like it will give an abortion to every other MMO that is out there.

Been following this a lot lately and I'm getting really hyped for it!

Love the things they're doing with this game, I think it's seriously going to be a kick in the teeth to other MMO's out there simply because they're making it so unlike any other MMO out there.

The world sounds and looks amazing, I love how there are thousands of random events which happen in the world for anyone to take part in, and how failing one event can cause a chain reaction of things happening.

So glad it's not a grind fest too :)

Trailer was epic. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some game play footage from Gamescon this weekend. :)

Back