Guild Wars 2

Direct feed of the boss fight. A lot of up close footage to get a feeling of how small you are compared to it.

She's still hot :p

I can't wait to join in with one of these boss fights. Can't wait to see how big the elder dragons are either! The books depicted them as absolutely huge. At the end of the second book they describe the wing spans of one of the elder dragons to reach from horizon to horizon. Probably an exaggeration for dramatic effect, but compared to these smaller dragons...

Crafting!

Looks like someone went off the demo path while playing Asura...

This game looks amazing, I can't wait. Hopefully it will turn out as good as it looks. I like how the quests aren't just static quests, but are all mostly dynamic chain quests that encourage working with others.

Going to start playing a little bit of GW1 for the first time to see if it's any fun.

Live PvP stream from PAX Prime: http://www.alienwarearena.com/takeover/#176463

Schedule (PDT, UTC-7)
10:45 - 12:30: Guild Wars 2 Developer Tournament
12:30 - 2:00: Blacklight Retribution 8v8 Team Deathmatch
2:00 - 3:30: League of Legends Dominion Gameplay
3:30 - 5:00: Guild Wars 2 Developer Tournament​

It's certainly ambitious. But that doesn't always work out - just look at Age of Conan. Hopefully ArenaNet have the cash to continue development until it's polished enough to work, unlike Funcom.

1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

I can't wait for this game. looks like an MMO killer. all others are boring

PAX Prime 2011 Information

Guild Wars 2 Panel Videos

On PvP
talktyria.net/2011/08/28/gw2pax-day-2/ said:
+ Guild membership is account wide, and you can add as many guilds as you like. You will be able to choose, at any time and on any character, which guild chat you are viewing and what guilds you are currently affiliated with.
+ Doing different activities (“almost anything,” to quote Eric Flannum) with guild-mates will earn Influence for one’s guild, which can be spent towards guild upgrades (storage, etc), or special in-game boosts like a flag that grants extra XP to guild members within its range.
+ Specific guilds will be able to capture keeps within WvWvW PvP, and be able to use their Influence to create upgrades to those keeps.

Nice that you can join multiple guilds. My friends always make one, and I've been a part of a pretty big one for a few years now, so will be nice to be able to join them both!

Now this is interesting!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/30/guild-wars-2-has-player-made-pvp-servers/

They're going to let people host their own PvP servers and set their own rules. If any Aussies get on this and I don't have to deal with the prohibitively high ping that usually stops me from playing PvP, I might actually be compelled to try it out. Gotta wonder if this will carry your persistent characters across or if you'll just create temporary ones or something... hoping for the former.

Jesus, is there anything that this game is not going to do? All sounds really amazing, too good to be true; I am worried that the game will be trying to do so many things at once it will all end up watered down in some way.

Gotta wonder if this will carry your persistent characters across or if you'll just create temporary ones or something... hoping for the former.
They're going to have support for switching servers. What I think will end up happening is that all your character information will be stored on their servers and then when you switch a server or play on private pvp servers it calls for your characters.

Don't get too excited. People are taking what he said and assuming a lot of things along with it. He probably just meant that a player can create a custom PvP match/instance, not actually host a server locally. If you watch the PAX Prime panel videos, he uses the term "server" very loosely.

I thought I'd post my current Hall of Monuments progress for all of you to gloat over or whatever. Includes to be completed soonish progress in red. Let me know if you want to help out or run around Tyria together!

Ren.182 and Quixoticism have been most helpful so far. :D

Nice, you're catching up :) I don't have a computer at the moment but I'll try come back for some guild wars soon!

All this Guild Wars 2 stuff around makes me want to install Guild Wars again.

I have no idea what I'm looking at, but congratulations on your raccoon.

so will there be any ffa pvp servers for GW2 ala classic UO, Mordred(DAoC) or Darktide(AC1)?

They haven't said anything about ffa. It won't be in the world vs world at all but there's a small chance that they might include an ffa option for the 2-10 player conquest maps.
I wouldn't count on it though.

The Mesmer looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see the rest of the reveal tomorrow!

Minstrel. I lol'd.

Also, Closed Beta starts Friday.

And none of you will ever be in it.

I might try use my industry contacts to get in on the beta just so I can prove you wrong! :D

but I doubt I will ever be in it :(

While you're at it then try and work some magic for me too! ;)
Just believe!

I do hope to get in the beta at some point because I don't know yet if I want my main human soldier to be a warrior or a guardian. :S I'm leaning towards the warrior but I want to find out how they both play!

Wartower made a video that features the developers talking about what they love best about Guild Wars 2 alongside footage from the game.

I wonder what the ratio of Charr players to all the other player races will be.

98/2

Here's the press release thread for this weekend's press beta event.

Lots of great videos and articles. Coverage for all game mode types: WvW, PvP, PvE, and dungeons.

ohhh, unseen footage, thank you

whenever I've played "traditional" MMOs in the past, I've always gone to the aid of random players, but it never felt like it meant anything
I absolutely love the fact that in GW2 you can fight alongside people in the same area, despite not necessarily being partied with them, and really feel like you're part of a highly populated world

actually, this bit from Destructoid sums it up well:
"Because it's so easy to work together, and because there aren't any negative consequences, Guild Wars 2is the first MMO I've played where I actually feel connected to the rest of the player base. Rather than hide from other players, or compete with them for quest spawns, I found myself actively looking for opportunities to help others. Instead of running the other way when I saw large groups of people, I'd start following them, since I assumed they were heading somewhere interesting.

Back