Half Life 2:Episode 2 "Little Rocket Man" Acheivment

Gman

Spy
Reaction score
I finally put the Gnome into the sacred rocket hatch and earned the acheivment "Little Rocket Man".

After,fighting through Antlion Caves,driving 1mph,being scared of turning in a car,getting chased by Helicopters and constant worry of losing him,i managed to deliver the reappearing Gnome and heard the "bloop",alerting success of doing so.

Harder than the L4D2 acheivment by a mile in my opinion.What did you guys think of the acheivment and did it go smoothly for you?

Got fed up with it during the helicopter chase.

Got fed up with it during the helicopter chase.

I left the Gnome in the barn.Then drove to the next loading point then went back.The heli was gone and i drove back with the gnome.The car sections(practically most of the game) are the most annoying though.

Sorry for double post but the site glitched up.

I tried my bestest trying to get it in the car but then I got really mad and punted it off the side of the bridge. I just spawned a gnome at the rocket and shoved it in.

I tried my bestest trying to get it in the car but then I got really mad and punted it off the side of the bridge. I just spawned a gnome at the rocket and shoved it in.

Yeah,plus nice avatar,(George Lopez,you have cancer)

Congrats! I never had the patience to go through the whole episode with that damn thing.... I think I lost it in the antlion caves somewhere..... never tried again...

Yeah,i just left it with Alyx and went to get the extract.

A friend asked me to do a walkthrough of it and my instant reaction was "no".You can't be bothered to do it again a couple of days later.

Can you do it on Synergy?

I would happily help people get the achievement.

What's the cheat code to spawn the gnome at White Forest? That's the only way I'm going to try getting that achievement.

What's the cheat code to spawn the gnome at White Forest? That's the only way I'm going to try getting that achievement.

prop_physics (props_junk/gnome.mdl)

Also, what's the name of the song in the Jimmy the Gnome video up there?

Ah dammit. Guess that makes sense, though. Cheating should never really be rewarded.

What you do is turn sv_cheats to 0 and save your game after spawning the gnome, then type retry in console and it should reload it with cheats off. It's how i got TF2 achievements with bots in a game with only myself.

What you do is turn sv_cheats to 0 and save your game after spawning the gnome, then type retry in console and it should reload it with cheats off. It's how i got TF2 achievements with bots in a game with only myself.
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of getting the achievements in the first place? Maybe it's just me, but I only want the achievements if I can get them myself... don't see the point in cheating... :confused:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of getting the achievements in the first place? Maybe it's just me, but I only want the achievements if I can get them myself... don't see the point in cheating... :confused:
oh i did the little rocket man one legitimately, but some TF2 ones either require co-operation or extreme luck, i mean TF2 ones actually reward you for getting milestones etc, but the half life 2 ones i've done normally.

Back