Half Life 3 Ideas

I'm with these guys! I'll change it if you really want, but Ajaib is a lot more user-friendly than hunter125x

I keep on thinking of an Ottoman Ahab. I prefer my vision.

I still haven't learned why people put random instances of the letter x in their names. Was it just a trend borne out of desperation when the desired name was already taken?

Sincerely Krynn72x

Is it just me or is Krynn about 72 times cooler?

I'm with these guys! I'll change it if you really want, but Ajaib is a lot more user-friendly than hunter125x
Hmm you have a point, could u give me the name 'AJ' then instead cos I really don't like using my full name on the Internet :)
And guys I'm not a noob who just randomly sticks a bunch of numbers an letters in a username lol, that's hunter username was only one available XD
So back on topic for this thread then, should we get back to HL 3 ideas discussing

In Half Life 3 I want Valve to change Alyx's name to Ajaib.

And I want 125x hunters. Weren't enough hunters in hl2.

Also I just finished playing through Half-Life 1 on PC yesterday, and I noticed that both Half Life games share the setup of having one large area that the game takes place in and around, Black Mesa in HL and City 17 in HL2. Where should Half Life 3 take place?

Now I feel ashamed for never having played any of the Half-Life titles on hard mode. I've always played on easy.
Try it dude, it is worth a while. :) very exciting and challenging.

I am hoping for HL to have better graphics so it would be cooler!

Every game has better graphics, I want HL3 to be cooler than that, I want them to shun convention and have worse graphics. Now that would be cool.

Then maybe you could finally have a game to make models for.

BA

DUM

TSHHHHHHHH

Now I feel ashamed for never having played any of the Half-Life titles on hard mode. I've always played on easy.

Nothing wrong with that. I don't fault people for playing non-hard mode, but what bugs me is how game makers are afraid nowadays to make things brutally difficult on what is supposed to be the hardest game mode.

When Half-Life 3 is released on a new engine I hope for some sort of expansions like Blue Shift and Opposing Force for HL1. Something where you play another character. I wouldn't even mind if it was a paid DLC as long as it was quality stuff (ofc it will be).
Also I hope they will update the game regularly, fix bugs, listen to the community when it comes down to weapon changes in the multiplayer, organize mapping contests, etc. so we have years of fun with the new game.

For the weapons: I hope that weapons like the magnum and the crossbow will stay in the game, also the gravity gun or at least replace it with some other weapon that has new game mechanics and can make advanced things combined with other weapons. Like nade cooking or fast balls in HL2DM.

Movement: Hopefully they add some dvanced movement techniques into the game like strafe jumping or bunnyhop, something you have to learn to become good at the multiplayer.

That's all I can think of right now.

-aKew

When Half-Life 3 is released on a new engine I hope for some sort of expansions like Blue Shift and Opposing Force for HL1. Something where you play another character. I wouldn't even mind if it was a paid DLC as long as it was quality stuff (ofc it will be).
Also I hope they will update the game regularly, fix bugs, listen to the community when it comes down to weapon changes in the multiplayer, organize mapping contests, etc. so we have years of fun with the new game.

For the weapons: I hope that weapons like the magnum and the crossbow will stay in the game, also the gravity gun or at least replace it with some other weapon that has new game mechanics and can make advanced things combined with other weapons. Like nade cooking or fast balls in HL2DM.

Movement: Hopefully they add some dvanced movement techniques into the game like strafe jumping or bunnyhop, something you have to learn to become good at the multiplayer.

That's all I can think of right now.

-aKew

I just cant wait to see what the new engine is capable of, I mean think of how superior Source and Half Life 2, were to the original Half Life. If they can make Half Life 2 feel like that we are in for a treat.

Also I just finished playing through Half-Life 1 on PC yesterday, and I noticed that both Half Life games share the setup of having one large area that the game takes place in and around, Black Mesa in HL and City 17 in HL2. Where should Half Life 3 take place?

The Arctic / Borealis is pretty much a given. I'd like to see Xen, the Combine homeworld, and perhaps the G-Man's dimension (or whatever).

I just cant wait to see what the new engine is capable of, I mean think of how superior Source and Half Life 2, were to the original Half Life. If they can make Half Life 2 feel like that we are in for a treat.

Something to think about: it's been 6 years since Ep2, the same amount of time between HL 1 and 2.

I would really like for it to be open-world, with more interaction with combine technology. The time travel idea is really cool, I had a similar idea.

This happened in a dream, and has been my idea for HL3 ever since.

Gordon and Alex make it to the borealis (their helicopter crashes) and find mossman, and have to stop the Combine from creating a superportal from the technology at the facility. They decide to blow up the ship and use the portal technology to bring themselves back to White Forest so they aren't caught in the explosion. The Combine intercept them as they swing around Xen, bringing them to the Overworld, where you find Dr. Breen in a host body.

That's when I woke up. Someone buy me pizza if my dream turns out to be precognitive.

My idea: Alyx sobs, and suddenly, she looks at Gordon, her face changing into the face of the G-Man. The game goes into cut-scene mode, and shows Gordon gasping in shock. Then, Gordon wakes up in his bedroom in the Level 3 Dormitories at Black Mesa. It was all a dream! Gordon goes to work, and tells everybody about his dream. He re-does the experiment, thinking that nothing would happen, when suddenly... THE G-MAN APPEARS!!! He pauses time, and says: "Gordon Freeman... WAKE UP!!!" Suddenly, the G-Man opens his mouth, and trillions of poisonous head-crabs fly out of it, jumping on Gordon! Gordon then wakes up, in the real, real world this time. He is in the White Forest Hospital, and his nurse is... THE G-MAN!!! The G-Man nurse starts spitting head-crabs at you, but then, as soon as Alyx comes into the room, the G-Man and his head-crab minions disappear. Alyx walks over to the terrified Gordon, and asks: "What's wrong?" When Gordon tries to answer, he is interrupted by Alyx pausing time. She spins around, her hair moving thanks to really good hair physics, and turns into... THE G-MAN!!! Then, two options appear on your screen: one says Kill Alyx (Good Ending), while the other says Don't Kill Her (Bad Ending). Also, if you don't choose between to two within 5 seconds, you die.

Kill Alyx:
You kill Alyx, who is actually G-Man from the future, and then Adrian Shephard appears, and thanks you for freeing him. Suddenly, Adrian spins around, and turns into... THE G-MAN!!! The G-Man begins to spit trillions of head-crabs at you, and you "die." The credits roll. Halfway through the credits, the screen goes static-y, and the scene changes to the "corpse" of Gordon. Then, Gordon opens his eyes, spins around, and becomes... THE G-MAN!!! The credits start rolling again. At the end of the credits, G(ordon)-(Free)Man spins around, and teleports back in time to the end of Half-Life, and gives the speech that Past-Freeman hears, when suddenly, Past-Freeman spins around and becomes... THE G-MAN!!! Then the other G-Man spins around and becomes... THE G-MAN!!! The scene changes, and you see all of the characters you encounter in the Half-Life games spin around and become... THE G-MAN!!!
THE END.

Don't Kill Her:
The Alyx/G-Man thingy spits thousands of head-crabs at you. They are flying at terminal velocity towards you! You have no hope for survival... When suddenly, mid-flight, all of the head-crabs start spinning around, and turn into... THE G-MAN!!!

I still like my old idea.

No, mine is, and I don't even have one. Oh snap.

Hell no, my Half-Life 3 story-line is amazing.

Weapons: Human assault rifle (AR15, AK47, G36, etc.), more alien/combine/futuristic, like the combine guard gun or the OICW, more melee weapons, and some of the old weapons form the beta.

Valve said they didn't want to include all of those weapons because it would seem unrealistic for the player to be able to carry 20+ weapons, since Dr. Kliener mastered quantum stuff, maybe he could make some sort of device that stores things, maybe even have it integrated into the HEV suit.

Valve said they didn't want to include all of those weapons because it would seem unrealistic for the player to be able to carry 20+ weapons

But for some reason it's more realistic for Gordon to carry grenades, satchels, a rocket launcher, and nest of snarks, a gluon gun, and a tau cannon.

If they did bring in a bunch of new guns, I would think that it would make sense to have a weapon limit of twelve or so, just look at what happens to the HUD in Missing Information 1.6 when you type in impulse 101. Of course, you shouldn't be able to replace your crowbar or gravity gun, those are sacred. If they did bring in new weapons, it would be cool to see the tau cannon, gluon gun, and possibly more biological weapons (Hivehand, Sparky, Gill, Barney, et cetera).

My idea: Alyx sobs, and suddenly, she looks at Gordon, her face changing into the face of the G-Man. The game goes into cut-scene mode, and shows Gordon gasping in shock. Then, Gordon wakes up in his bedroom in the Level 3 Dormitories at Black Mesa. It was all a dream! Gordon goes to work, and tells everybody about his dream. He re-does the experiment, thinking that nothing would happen, when suddenly... THE G-MAN APPEARS!!! He pauses time, and says: "Gordon Freeman... WAKE UP!!!" Suddenly, the G-Man opens his mouth, and trillions of poisonous head-crabs fly out of it, jumping on Gordon! Gordon then wakes up, in the real, real world this time. He is in the White Forest Hospital, and his nurse is... THE G-MAN!!! The G-Man nurse starts spitting head-crabs at you, but then, as soon as Alyx comes into the room, the G-Man and his head-crab minions disappear. Alyx walks over to the terrified Gordon, and asks: "What's wrong?" When Gordon tries to answer, he is interrupted by Alyx pausing time. She spins around, her hair moving thanks to really good hair physics, and turns into... THE G-MAN!!! Then, two options appear on your screen: one says Kill Alyx (Good Ending), while the other says Don't Kill Her (Bad Ending). Also, if you don't choose between to two within 5 seconds, you die.

Kill Alyx:
You kill Alyx, who is actually G-Man from the future, and then Adrian Shephard appears, and thanks you for freeing him. Suddenly, Adrian spins around, and turns into... THE G-MAN!!! The G-Man begins to spit trillions of head-crabs at you, and you "die." The credits roll. Halfway through the credits, the screen goes static-y, and the scene changes to the "corpse" of Gordon. Then, Gordon opens his eyes, spins around, and becomes... THE G-MAN!!! The credits start rolling again. At the end of the credits, G(ordon)-(Free)Man spins around, and teleports back in time to the end of Half-Life, and gives the speech that Past-Freeman hears, when suddenly, Past-Freeman spins around and becomes... THE G-MAN!!! Then the other G-Man spins around and becomes... THE G-MAN!!! The scene changes, and you see all of the characters you encounter in the Half-Life games spin around and become... THE G-MAN!!!
THE END.

Don't Kill Her:
The Alyx/G-Man thingy spits thousands of head-crabs at you. They are flying at terminal velocity towards you! You have no hope for survival... When suddenly, mid-flight, all of the head-crabs start spinning around, and turn into... THE G-MAN!!!

Matt, go home... You're drunk

I want HL3 to start with Alyx hating on Gordon then running away until the end of the game where she get's bit by some super Nihilanth-ish headcrab then she'll be the boss battle. Right after the really awesome fight, Gordon will kill her God of War style with a very emotional dialogue from Alyx as the player is still on First-Person view then after the dialogue is done, BAM! Ruthlessly shooting Alyx in the head with a Colt Python or a .357 Magnum (or whatever flavor of a revolver they'll throw in there.)

I want HL3 to start with Alyx hating on Gordon then running away until the end of the game where she get's bit by some super Nihilanth-ish headcrab then she'll be the boss battle. Right after the really awesome fight, Gordon will kill her God of War style with a very emotional dialogue from Alyx as the player is still on First-Person view then after the dialogue is done, BAM! Ruthlessly shooting Alyx in the head with a Colt Python or a .357 Magnum (or whatever flavor of a revolver they'll throw in there.)

God, I hope you're joking.

Good idea, but there are a few problems. I bolded a few things I don't like.

LOL. Yeah it was meant to be a joke (I sort of read it in the voice of Agnes from Despicable Me 2 talking about how she new Gru was a dude.)

Back