Half life 3 Rumor - Open world

Yeah, that isn't going to be true. Ever.

I mean, if Valve wanted to do a game like that, fine. Go ahead and do it. I'd probably play it, it'd probably be good.

But they'd surely make it a new IP? Why fundamentally change an existing IP?

You know, it would be akin to them making Left 4 Life 3 or Half-Dead 3 where the gameplay is Left 4 Dead in a Half-Life world - it just doesn't make sense.

I also hear that Black Ops 2 is an RTS. Ok, sarcasm was probably needless but that seems really really unlikely.

Any headline which ends in a question mark can be answered by the word 'no'.

A French website called "Journal de Gamer" claims that they have information about the next half life game. According to the information the game will be set in a open world were you as a player will play through different missions.

http://loading.se/news.php?pub_id=21404&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

What do you think? I think it's complete bullshit, all though this is a bit interesting.

I just checked out the link, it looks like it's a Swedish page. And it is rather doubtful that Valve would take an open world approach. It is possible but more difficult to the player really be synced into the story that way. Also, it'd be a shame if they merged to games like Half-Dead, sounds a bit cheesy but I do enjoy how Portal and Half-Life are connected.

I just checked out the link, it looks like it's a Swedish page.
The linked website is indeed Swedish, but it references a French one which is the source of this information.

A trusted source who wishes to remain anonymous told us yet confidential details the development of Half-Life 3.
That only works if we say it.

According to her, Valve has decided to make his legendary shooter game ... open-world!
Female Valve fans do not exist. Except toaster-chan, who is not female, and is infact a toaster.

Open world with NPC quests? Why not just make a World of Half-Life? EEuuugh. I'm sure Gabe spit out his doughnut in surprise/disgust/horror upon reading about this.

14n2m8.jpg

That lady has stupid hair. Thats all I could think about while reading that comic.

She also has Barbra Streisand's nose.

Open world with NPC quests? Why not just make a World of Half-Life? EEuuugh. I'm sure Gabe spit out his doughnut in surprise/disgust/horror upon reading about this.

I have a feeling that the concept behind the openworld RPG is not relating to HL3 at all but to its sequel that is a seperate story arc, but Valve are bringing some tech over for HL3 to use, specifically the wider open areas; afterall it would look rediculous if the Helicopter continuisely went down a valley to its destination.

Do you seen this new short Half Life trailer ? What do you mean about this ?

Open-world will only work if I can kill prostitutes and take my money back.

The only Valve game this could possibly be related to is Stars of Barathrum, but nobody knows shit about that game yet. What a dumb rumour.

Back