Half Life 3 Trailer Idea

Reaction score
I have been thinking about what I imagine the Half Life 3 teaser trailer would be like, so here it is.

It starts of by a man in a blue coat with the hood up walking through a snowy terrain while it is snowing very hard. The man continues to walk until he looks back to see a smoke stack coming from a crashed helicopter, the man looks back and continues walking.

It then cuts the man walking up a hill to reveal the Borealis in the distance. The man continues to walk, but is then stopped by the sound of ships in the distance and he run to find someplace to hide. It cuts to him in a cave and you can hear combine soldiers outside.

He again walks up a hill and he stares at the Borealis, then the camera tilts down to show hundreds of combine soldiers, all with there guns pointed at him. The takes off his hood to reveal he is Gordan Freeman. Gordan turns around to see Alyx walking up the hill to him. As she walks towards him, it turns out the entire Resistance is following behind her chanting "Freeman, Freeman, Freeman."

Gordan then takes out his crowbar, grips it tightly, and run and jumps off a cliff and hits a combine soldier. It then cuts to black and the Half life 3 logo appears with the platforms listed below and the release window with the half life theme playing in the back ground. The logo fades out to show the tagline "Revenge is Cold."

I just wanted to get that off my chest. Let me know what you think about it.
UPDATE: I have been informed that someone is making this in SMF.

I have been thinking about what I imagine the Half Life 3 teaser trailer would be like, so here it is.

It starts of by a man in a blue coat with the hood up walking through a snowy terrain while it is snowing very hard. The man continues to walk until he looks back to see a smoke stack coming from a crashed helicopter, the man looks back and continues walking.

It then cuts the man walking up a hill to reveal the Borealis in the distance. The man continues to walk, but is then stopped by the sound of ships in the distance and he run to find someplace to hide. It cuts to him in a cave and you can hear combine soldiers outside.

He again walks up a hill and he stares at the Borealis, then the camera tilts down to show hundreds of combine soldiers, all with there guns pointed at him. The takes off his hood to reveal he is Gordan Freeman. Gordan turns around to see Alyx walking up the hill to him. As she walks towards him, it turns out the entire Resistance is following behind her chanting "Freeman, Freeman, Freeman."

Gordan then takes out his crowbar, grips it tightly, and run and jumps off a cliff and hits a combine soldier. It then cuts to black and the Half life 3 logo appears with the platforms listed below and the release window with the half life theme playing in the back ground.

This isnt hollywood pal

watch
Sounds kinda like an Assassin's Creed trailer. All cinematic and epic.

Sounds kinda cool, but I don't think it really suits HL. Also Alyx leading the resistance while they chant "Freeman!" reminds me of The Dark Knight Rises.

Yes. Yes to ALL of it. I love this idea. It's perfect! I hope Valve is reading this!

Reminds me of the Halo 3 teaser.

Edit: Not the teaser, but the first trailer where halo runs and jumps off a small cliff thing into some arbiters.

I was thinking of emailing Valve about this idea, should I? Who should I email?

Say: So you know about that game that you did not even confirm? Here, make the trailer for it like that. Cause youre shit at making it and Im sure my idea is better

Gordan then takes out his crowbar, grips it tightly, and run and jumps off a cliff and hits a combine soldier. It then cuts to black and the Half life 3 logo appears with the platforms listed below and the release window with the half life theme playing in the back ground. The logo fades out to show the tagline "Revenge is Cold."

It's nice, but i don't think it's about revenge at all. it's a war, and you're fighting for the survival of your species.
also, having gordon jump on a combine soldier seems a bit out of place for a trailer, valve never takes action with gordon out of the game,only when we are controlling him.

(this and the part where the entire resistance is chanting the freeman)

that wouldn't be too smart, bringing the whole resistance for this kind of operation would be dangerous, also they need soldiers defending the white forest and all the other resistance outposts, so i don't think they would ever send all they manpower for this.
instead of this, gordon could have taken a small team of soldiers, maybe one or more vortigaunts, maybe someone could've got hurt during the crash, and were being carried behind, while gordon scouted the area first, so he looked back to give sign to whoever was behind him, and so you can catch a glimpse of the crash site.

but your ideia ain't bad, i like the tone of it.

I am a little bit stupid.
i'm quite a bit stupid as well.

UPDATE: I have been informed that someone is making this in SMF.

It is a great idea, just a few places that need to be refined or slightly changed.

Come to think of it, this is all within the bounds of what the Sfm can achieve. (There is a publicly available model of Gordon, right? If not, just correct me and ignore the rest) You're pretty unlikely to get Valve's attention on this one, but you might just be able to convince a sufficiently skilled Sfm amateur. Would be entertaining to actually see that happen.

It's a nice try mate, but it's not Half-Life. Too cheesy. Too Hollywood.

The last bit reminds me of the end of every video game trailer ever. The main character jumping at an enemy with some sort of melee weapon, then cut. AC2, Mass Effect 3...

Perhaps it should be MOAR EXPLOSIONS something a little bit different.

In my opinion, it would be a little strange to directly show Freeman in the Trailer.

sounds pretty boring for a trailer.
For a HL3 trailer I would expect something way more creative and not something like this which you could do for every other game.

Also I hope HL3 dont turns into a war game. What does the whole resistance do there? I hope its just Gordon and Alyx fighting smaller groups of combine and aliens.

Back