Half-Life: Alyx announced

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it really that time again?

We're very excited about the recently announced Half-Life: Alyx.

As you might appreciate, it's been a while since we posted any content here. While we cannot promise a resumption of full news coverage, we will attempt to cover Half-Life: Alyx as we learn more.

As ever, you can join in the discussion (there are people still there) over at our Forums.

I will see you up ahead.

Ahh, after 10,000 years I'm free!! Time to conquer Earth!

Feels nice to stretch my forum legs.

*cracks neck*
3cSn4W3.png

Damn, those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my city

I had literally finally given up hope just last week, and then this was announced!! It's not a sequel, which I still want, but it is a full length Half Life game!! My decade has been made.

I had literally finally given up hope just last week, and then this was announced!! It's not a sequel, which I still want, but it is a full length Half Life game!! My decade has been made.
welcome home 2003 poster

"You will not save him. Alyx Vance alone cannot prevent his fate."

"Alyx Vance alone..."

o_O

I've missed this place. I hope this brings the old gang back.

*looks at 2003 posters*
Ok, boomers.

I'm so old having waited this long for a Half-Life game that I'm excited to use VR to tidy up the messy shelves near the end of the trailer.

I'm so old having waited this long for a Half-Life game that I'm not even going to be getting a compatible VR system. My daughter has absolutely insisted that we get PSVR, so that is what I've ordered 😧

I guess I'll have to treat myself to a PC upgrade and a decent headset in a few months :grumpy:

(But also I'm so old that I never have any money because kids).

I'm so old that I'm genuinely worried they will put vent crawling into this Half-Life game, because my knees have been ****ed for a while now.

I'm so old having waited this long for a Half-Life game that I'm excited to use VR to tidy up the messy shelves near the end of the trailer.
*stands up with a creak*

my roommate and I are gonna build an Index VR rig exclusively for this game and I can't wait to arrange some shelves

Hi John! I've done some quick calculations to determine when HL3 will be released based on historical data:

HL1 = 2 years
HL1 -> HL2 = 6 years
HL2:Ep2 -> HL:A = 2x6 (carry the VT) = 12 years
HL:A -> HL3 = 2x6x12 = 144 years

So we could see Half-Life 3 as soon as 2164!

YES!

I knew it. Half-Life 3 ****ing confirmed. At last.

You're gonna make it, Glenn. We'll all make it, joints be damned.
Probably half of hl2.netters will get stuck and forever be trying to crawl through a vent. We will succumb to starvation on our living room floors, gripped in the claustrophobic nightmare of non-existant ventilation shafts, knees blown out, yelling out to Gordon Freeman to come save us. Our families will return home to find us on the floor tangled in wires, our pets laying dead next to us while we mutter meekly our final words: "damn invisible headcrabs"

YES!

I knew it. Half-Life 3 ****ing confirmed. At last.
Don't go calling it HL3!! HL3 is still a dream. but this is pretty good too

also lol do we still have the word **** banned

Probably half of hl2.netters will get stuck and forever be trying to crawl through a vent. We will succumb to starvation on our living room floors, gripped in the claustrophobic nightmare of non-existant ventilation shafts, knees blown out, yelling out to Gordon Freeman to come save us. Our families will return home to find us on the floor tangled in wires, our pets laying dead next to us while we mutter meekly our final words: "damn invisible headcrabs"
Stuff me in a vent daddy.

Don't go calling it HL3!! HL3 is still a dream. but this is pretty good too

also lol do we still have the word **** banned

****. ****. ****.

I think we do, Sarge.

Back