Half-life tattoo

JackKerouac

Reaction score
Well I thought i'd share my nerdiness with the world and show you the tattoo I got on my wrist around the time that Episode 1 came out. I apologize for the horrible quality of the photo.

100_0680-2.jpg

im hoping to get the Lambda tattoo when hl2 ep2 comes out. Either on my wrist or shoulder.

Really nice! Thats what I call a real fan! :)
Thinking about a HL tattoo myself btw

And Achilles, the lambda symbol stands for many other things except the facility in Half-Life. Among things its also a gay pride symbol

A halflife/quake/C&C logo has always been in the back of my mind. Someday il do it!

Lambda is also the design on the Spartan shields. It should be popular again after 300 comes out. But the Spartans were known for being gay as well so...

I'd rather have some sort of intense tribal design tatoo incorperating HL2 elements.

But i'm probably too cowardly for a tatoo.

3712006510no6.jpg

Needles!
tattooftomachineem3.jpg

Needles!
pinheadct2.jpg

Needles!

I'm probably allergic to tattoos. Still, I wouldn't get a HL tattoo :|

Personally, I'd get some shoulder size collage of symbols from the half-life universe, if anything.

But yours is pretty badass.

Get the 'G-Man in the rain with an umbrella stencil' as a tattoo. In your inside thigh. OMG_MOST_SINISTAR_GMAN_SITEING_EVAR!

On your wrist? I hope that doesn't come back to bite you in the ass when job interviews come 'round.

Ugh... I was gonna put Lambda on my T-Shirt, thanks alot you guys.

IF I got an HL2 tattoo, I'd want a houndeye, not too big, but big enough to only be put on my back. That'd be pretty cool, unless a three legged, fly eyed creature ALSO stands for Gay Pride :p

Badass combine tattoo... one of the cooler symbols in the universe.

On your wrist? I hope that doesn't come back to bite you in the ass when job interviews come 'round.

I doubt it. They will see it and say "oh, you have a tatoo, whats it mean?"
"Its a symbol from a video game"
"Oh"

and then they will realize hes just a avid gamer and not just a non-conformist expressionist who doesnt take crap from people like their bosses.

:p

I'm actually a school teacher and have recieved no problems from the tattoo. I like to laugh to myself when my kids ask what it means, I tell them its a symbol of oppression. (Seeing as the combine forcefully oppressed the citizens of earth)

I need Lambda tattoo soon because I want resistance to regonize me when Combine is attacking in few years.

I'm actually a school teacher and have recieved no problems from the tattoo. I like to laugh to myself when my kids ask what it means, I tell them its a symbol of oppression. (Seeing as the combine forcefully oppressed the citizens of earth)

Teachers... oprressed?

*REVOLUTION MODE ACTIVATED*

When I saw the thread title my initial reaction was 'OH GOD NO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??' but now ive seen it, that tattoo is pretty damn cool.

Hard to tell its a HL tat due to quality issues, however ths TFT display isnt exactly great though.
Great fun but a lil too nerdy for me. :D

I doubt it. They will see it and say "oh, you have a tatoo, whats it mean?"
"Its a symbol from a video game"
"Oh"

and then they will realize hes just a avid gamer and not just a non-conformist expressionist who doesnt take crap from people like their bosses.

:p

and then the interviewer, in his mind, says "NEXT."

that is absolutely amazing, I actually thought about getting that, guess I'll have to think of something else :p

I'm getting about a 2 1/2" diameter citadel core symbol on the inside of my arm, beneath the elbow. Do you guys think I should just get a black outline (less painful, cheaper), or try to get it colored like the real paint on black combine metal? I'm 16, but my parents say that as long as I pay for it, they'll sign the waiver since I'm under age.

I'm getting about a 2 1/2" diameter citadel core symbol on the inside of my arm, beneath the elbow. Do you guys think I should just get a black outline (less painful, cheaper), or try to get it colored like the real paint on black combine metal? I'm 16, but my parents say that as long as I pay for it, they'll sign the waiver since I'm under age.

Indeed thats a cool symbol. But heres a tip. Think about it for atleast six months before you do it. You may regret it

mmm, if the OP still ever goes on this site, don't let anyone tell you that is lame! anyone!

I think the evolution graffiti (sp?) would be a sweet tattoo to get vertically

I put a HL Lambda decal on my truck today. I might get an identical one some day.

nice, im getting the lambda on my ribs tomorrow but idk if i should do the orange or just black

The lambda symbol apparently means quite a number of things. I'd probably only worry about homophobes thinking you were gay if you had a lambda tattoo. The only meaning I knew about was the variable for surface density. Quoting the Wikipedia entry for the lower-case symbol only... the word lambda and the upper-case symbol have their own separate connotations:

A non-SI unit of measure of volume (symbol λ) equal to one microlitre (1 μL) or one cubic millimetre (1 mm?). This now-rare use is deprecated.
The wavelength of a wave in physics/radio sciences
In physics, linear charge density of a uniformly charged line(measured in C/M).
The radioactive decay constant (Connected to half-life of a radioactive isotope in physics)
The lambda phage virus in biology
In mathematical logic and computer science, used to introduce a function expression in the lambda calculus.
In formal language theory and computer science, the empty string.
In telecommunications, a frequency/wavelength on a WDM optical transport system
Eigenvalues in linear algebra
Lagrange multipliers in calculus
Lebesgue measure in set theory
Goodman and Kruskal's lambda is a statistic that gives the proportional reduction in error when one variable's values are used to predict the values of another variable.
stoichiometric air to fuel ratio oxygen sensor in an internal combustion engine's exhaust gas
A Japanese rocket type, Lambda (rocket)
The failure rate in hours (also the reciprocal of MTBF) in reliability theory.
In criminology, the individual offending frequency.
In cartography and navigation, longitude.
Christopher Langton's parameter for classification Stephen Wolfram's classes of cellular automata
In Electrochemistry is used to denote the ionic conductance for a given ion (The ion is generally shown as a subscript to the lambda character).
In Neurobiology is the Length constant or exponential rate of decay of potential across a membrane along a length of axon.
In Heat Transfer, is used to denote the heat of vaporization per mole or latent heat.[2]
In celestial and coastal Navigation Lambda (lower case) denotes longitude as opposed to the Roman L which denotes latitude.
Louis XIII of France used the Lambda as his personal symbol instead of a monogram.

nice, im getting the lambda on my ribs tomorrow but idk if i should do the orange or just black

Dude, this thread is over a year old!!!! Why the **** would you bump it!!!!
/starts grumbling:"damn noobs".

I would want the Lambda tatto on my body.....
there is so many things that link too it that aren't good

Sorry to resurrect an old thread here, but I didn't want to make a new thread about something that's already here :)

I'm looking to get a Half Life tattoo. I don't have that many ideas of what to get, but I know I want a Half Life tattoo of some sort, to mark what a great game the Half Life series truly is, and what it has done to my life, essentially giving me a career which I am currently following in games.

The only idea I really have is a citadel core symbol, but that is not really much, and if I did get that (its a pretty awesome symbol...), I would want to expand it somehow..

Any ideas oh how to expand it, or completely new ideas atall? I would want something for my top right arm - not too big, but not too small :)

Thanks guys and girls!

Got any pics to explain exactly what symbol you're referring to?

citadel core symbol.

Place on forehead.

also, if I where to get a tatoo from any game I'd totally get the aperture science logo somewhere :p with like, "Test subject 001721337283" under it or something ^^

Back