Halflife or counter-strike?

H

hugamuga

halflife2 and counterstrike source don't run on my computer
i want to buy either half life or counter strike with steam
they are both the same price
as far as i know counter strike was originally a mod of half life so if would halflife include counter strike.
which one should i choose?

halflife2 and counterstrike source don't run on my computer
i want to buy either half life or counter strike with steam
they are both the same price
as far as i know counter strike was originally a mod of half life so if would halflife include counter strike.
which one should i choose?

If you want multiplayer, I'd go with Counter Strike. It's a bit gross looking, but there's plenty of people playing. You'll need a good internet connection though.
If you want single player, then Half Life. Counter Strike won't come with it unless you buy a bundle. Really, it depends on what games you like to play/

You can buy them both for like, what $20? They're both $9.99 on Steam.

I'd just suggest doing that. They're different games. CS is purely for online play, and HL is single player like KA said.

What kind of computer are you using that HL2/CS:S won't play though? My other PC from 2000 runs CS:S pretty well, and HL2 on low.

If you want multiplayer, I'd go with Counter Strike. It's a bit gross looking, but there's plenty of people playing.

It's far from gross looking if you ask me. Okay it looks slightly and I mean only slightly dated now compared to other titles, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's gross :p

Counter Strike Realism Patch FE - download it for CS, looks great.

If Singleplayer, buy HL2
If Multiplayer, I'd go with HL1!
Even better Opposing Force because more weapon=more fun (only for multiplayer games of course)

Back