Halflife2.net Quiz - Win A Copy of Red Orchestra 2

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]
We have 5 copies of Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, courtesy of Tripwire Interactive to give away! Released only a week ago and currently high on the Steam best-sellers list, this is a great game well worth winning.[br]You can enter our competition to win a copy by answering our 5 question Halflife2.net quiz, based around the world of Valve. The winners will be picked randomly from those with all (or the most) correct answers!
1. Which team won 'The International' Dota 2 tournament 2011 at Gamescom?[br]2. What was the name of the mechanic which did not feature in Portal 2 but Valve did release a promotional video for?[br]3. What famous route / part of de_dust from Counter Strike has a new staircase in the Counter Strike:GO version shown at PAX Prime?[br]4. Last month two Valve fans were treated to lunch and a tour of Valve's office by Gabe. What did they do to earn Valve's respect?[br]5. Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 was one of the first few games released on Steam not created by Valve, but can you name the first non-Valve developed (and non Half-life themed) game released on Steam in 2005?
Send your entries to [email protected] with your HL2.net username in the email subject. One entry per user, competition closes Sunday 25th September @ 11.59am GMT. Good luck!

Yes that is correct! I changed it, apologies.

No needs for apologies. Actually not many people play that map in CS:S and Classic so.. It's common.

I answered all questions correctly if you don't get mad that I can't explain where the stairs are at... it's kinda confusing while I explain.

Good luck everyone and thanks for that giveaway.

I have to say the 5th one was kinda tough. I know there was game released that year, but don't know if it was early or late. Put it as my answer anyway.

As for the 3rd question, I didn't know that there was an official title?

To clarify for question 3, since Nick also was confused by what the 'area' is called - it has a recognised name which all players refer to it as which I'm looking for. You may amend your question 3 entry only if you already entered.

Extra hint -

Sweet contest there guys! entered an entry of course. Last one was a bit tough. Can't wait for people who aced that last question.

My brother is going to be beyond jelly if I win one of the copies. It's the only game he's been talking about for the past month.

Awww. I was hoping it was going to be a HL2.net forum trivia quiz. What was the Princess_Jen incident? What is a Munravatar? What is the name of Halflife2.net's most famous troll?

entered! I'm quite confident about #5 too.

Awww. I was hoping it was going to be a HL2.net forum trivia quiz. What was the Princess_Jen incident? What is a Munravatar? What is the name of Halflife2.net's most famous troll?
King Henry? He was before my time though (I think). I remember Jen though.

Okay, well I got the 3rd question wrong then

King Henry? He was before my time though (I think). I remember Jen though.

Are you sure, I think he was banned before you signed up, but either he or someone pretending to be him registered as KngHenry later on

Please don't post answers in the thread, regardless of what form you put them in. It's pretty stupid and I expect more sense from you Riomhaire.

Did you register with the forum, just to win the competition? :LOL:

Basically yes... I didn't know this website had a forum until today anyway. However, I do visit this site regularly and may use the forums more.
Aren't most competitions used to promote something? Well it worked :D

Now now...be nice to our friends at Lambda Generation.

I just sent the mail with the answers. I know about the new staircase, I just hope I got the name right.

That would have been epic.

If someone would like to do that quiz, please go ahead. I have a spare copy of Ricochet to give away for the winner!

I don't want to do the quiz because I want to win Ricochet!

Competitions!? It's just one, we haven't had any for a while. I thought I would be nice and give them away rather than to my friends and family. DEATHMASTER has made me reconsider that I should do anything for you guys. In the future I will just post an announcement that I have prizes but I'm keeping them because DEATHMASTER doesn't want you to have nice things. Everyone blame him.

Actually, Glenn's giving them all to me so I can play 5 copies of the same game at the same time on 5 different computers.

Hey Glenn want my spare copy of Cogs to give away? All the cool people play Cogs.

Competition is closed StarBob, I will be picking winners at random in the morning! Stay posted.

And the winners are:

Overwatch Sector
Kisze
Tee Kyoo Em
Min Rizor
Dan

Congratulations to you 5, we had about 50 entries of which only about 35% got all 5 questions correct. I will send prizes later today.

1. Which team won 'The International' Dota 2 tournament 2011 at Gamescom?

Na'Vi

2. What was the name of the mechanic which did not feature in Portal 2 but Valve did release a promotional video for?

Pneumatic Diversity Vents - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9t65kJc528

3. What famous route / part of de_dust from Counter Strike has a new staircase in the Counter Strike:GO version shown at PAX Prime?

The underpass - This well known route is always referred to as the underpass, not the tunnels. The tunnels are the other route which terrorists can take.

4. Last month two Valve fans were treated to lunch and a tour of Valve's office by Gabe. What did they do to earn Valve's respect?

Picketing / protesting for Half-life 3 / Episode 3

5. Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 was one of the first few games released on Steam not created by Valve, but can you name the first non-Valve developed (and non Half-life themed) game released on Steam in 2005?

Ragdoll Kung-fu. To clear up some confusion...

- Mark Healey was working for Lionhead Studios developing this game, not Valve.
- The Darwinia Steam release date states it was released earlier than RDKF, it was not. (you had to have a good memory!)
- How do I know for sure? I contacted Valve and John Cook confirmed it.

Well, at least I got the answers right. Congratulations to the lucky winners.

I'm pretty sure for the second one I said something like "sucky portal holes" or something equally crazy. I'm not even sure if you counted that. For the last one I was torn between Ragdoll Kung-fu and Darwinia but I chose correctly.

Congratulations everyone

Yes! I won again.

Although I was confident of getting #5 right because I simply looked it up on wikipedia, I was leary about #2. A bit hard for me. Luckily I got all questions right.

Luck of the draw Overwatch, are you on some kind of winning streak?

I just sent out keys to the winners via PM. Enjoy.

Luck of the draw Overwatch, are you on some kind of winning streak?

I just sent out keys to the winners via PM. Enjoy.
Pretty much. Maybe I might let the next competition slide. Unless its another game I want. I'm looking foward to those CS:GO beta keys giveaway.

How can 17,5 people get the answers correct? Hm... :p

I did answer correctly to all of them but didn't win. Well, congrats to the winners and have a good one.

PS: In the answers I said... Not through the tunnel but under the bridge, because it's bridge looking. And also the way you pop up right to the CT spawn.

Back