Halo: Reach announced

god i really hope the rumours about them pushing the release date forward because of the leak comes true. it won't, but man i'm itching to play this game so much.

man, these days i actually wish the people with more constructive halo criticisms came back and said what they wanted to say - i can't take some of you guys seriously anymore. GET SOME STRUCTURE and a POINT to say already.

i think the funniest complain is the tired-old whine about the environments. i've said it a few times now that a covenant ships are repetitive for a reason; it's a military vessel, why would it look like a fun house around every corner, but i would take that aesthetic over an environment that is fixated around something everyday like an actual navy warship or a US army base that we've all seen in countless other war games and films. i'll take the blunt brutalist architectural style of the forerunner with their minimalist design then another weather beaten industrial complex or factory. obviously this is all going to be opinion on what you like and personally i'm a bigger fan of fictional make believe, esp. these days when titles like COD are taking every single ''gritty'' location they can and inserting half arsed stories and waves of boring opponents (the human) in them.

Im sorry but how much more focused can ''This game is too monotonous'' get?

Yes, the design is nice, I wont argue that, but there's no variation the entire way through. Youve got purple teabags, minotaurs with blades straight out of Starcraft, or with some generic gun.

And the weapons are terrible and never feel like youre, oh I dunno, holding something that has weight. Ever heard of recoil Bungee?????

[Edit] I will admit that ad was probably the best Ive seen for a game.

They are throwing so much money at this game it seems, because they know how many Halo-obsessed fanboys there are, they just have to look at how many people are still playing Halo 3 and Halo ODST (3.5), and multiply that amount by £40 and you have your profit. They know its going to sell, we know its going to sell, yet we all know how annoyed we will be if it breaks any records. Though if it out-sells CoD:BO, I will buy a 360 and get Reach in protest and sheer delight. Flicking a finger at Activision in the process. Over-confident **nts with your boring cash-cow.

Will you need to to have played the other Halos to follow the story with Reach?

Any good synopses around?

Im sorry but how much more focused can ''This game is too monotonous'' get?

Yes, the design is nice, I wont argue that, but there's no variation the entire way through. Youve got purple teabags, minotaurs with blades straight out of Starcraft, or with some generic gun.

And the weapons are terrible and never feel like youre, oh I dunno, holding something that has weight. Ever heard of recoil Bungee?????

[Edit] I will admit that ad was probably the best Ive seen for a game.

They are throwing so much money at this game it seems, because they know how many Halo-obsessed fanboys there are, they just have to look at how many people are still playing Halo 3 and Halo ODST (3.5), and multiply that amount by £40 and you have your profit. They know its going to sell, we know its going to sell, yet we all know how annoyed we will be if it breaks any records. Though if it out-sells CoD:BO, I will buy a 360 and get Reach in protest and sheer delight. Flicking a finger at Activision in the process. Over-confident **nts with your boring cash-cow.

focused? what on earth are you talking about - you're complaining about blades which have looked pretty ****ing blade-like long before games were invented and recoil. come on man, i mean the weapons even do have some recoil but what' comparison are you going to put it up against and furthermore, is that really such a problem? hell, again, go take a look at the bungie forums and see how many times the developers have had to tweak the battle rifles spread to cater for hardcore fans.

they are throwing money at it because, you know, that is what marketing is called. god forbid Dynasty Corp ever makes a product one day and you don't want to use your public relations in a business like manner, but like the ****ing game or not, they're going to want to sell the product.

and by ''we'', i think you mean just yourself, as you are ALWAYS the ONLY person for some inane godsforsaken reason that gives a shit about sales or when a game breaks records. jesus christ man, let it go. you don't like? don't play it. guess what, a lot of folk probably do like it and it's going to SELL. why is this such a problem?

jimbo, this is a prequel to the halo series. no, you will not. there will probably be some easter eggs in the game that will relate to what you might of seen in later titles but for the most part, this is the beginning.

Will you need to to have played the other Halos to follow the story with Reach?

Any good synopses around?

Not really. It's a prequel to the other Halo games. It's set in the future where mankind has spread itself out a bit over space. The covenant (a group of religious fanatic alien races) show up and start attacking Reach, a human-colonised planet where they have a lot of military stuff going on. The humans ultimately lose on Reach and the war continues elsewhere.

in anticipation, i re-bought halo: CE on XBLA the other day and just finished playing through it, so much fun. library wasn't least as bad as i remembered it being, but still a bit of a drag. the whole overwhelmed by hordes of flood parts are good, but it's one of the one levels where i think the repetitive design critique is rightly said.

I like that ad for how representative of an actual multiplayer game it is. Single dude running a bomb up the field with no support, gets shot by some asshole flying about in a banshee, no one on the opposing team bothers to intercept and it's taken by the next guy to come across it, who runs it straight to the point with no resistance.

Of course, that's ignoring the jetpack-into-mothership, which is stupid in several ways, not the least of which being YOU CAN'T DO THAT IN THE ****ING GAME.

maybe your rating/skill level is broken and pitting you against idiots then as whenever i play assault on valhalla or last resort i find it the single most frustratingly difficult and aggravating gametype

also should note that he jetpacks into a grav lift which i'm sure does half the journey for him :p

Back