Happy Family Day!

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
I don't know if they just made it in Canada or not (I'm pretty sure just Canada) but today (February 18th) we get the day off school/work/etc to spend time with our families (yea right, I'm playing video games)

So Happy Family day! yay! Free day off!

Family Day? lol sounds like such a bullshit holiday. If it's a day off then it's ok then I guess though. :p

Yes, it's basically completely pointless, but someone promised a new holiday if they got elected or something like that, and I guess a politician delivered (for once).

lol yeah kinda stole presidents day, but it was pretty much a way to win an election in Ontario, it's not canada wide, but i think BC has it too.

Yeah, family day is pretty pointless but I dont complain when I get the day off.

Aw, why the cynicism? That's a really good idea.

I'd love a recognised day off just to have dinner with my parents and brother or see a movie with them or something.

It'd just be another reason for my parents to tell me off for not seeing them :hmph:

Lol, It's Canada's president's day! Except they don't celebrate American presidents, so they had to invent family day.

I've had the day off too, I've got carnage tonight. Biggest bar crawl in Bristol, **** yes.

Nice knowing ya'll, I'm off to get alcohol poisoning.

Aw, why the cynicism? That's a really good idea.

I'd love a recognised day off just to have dinner with my parents and brother or see a movie with them or something.

I thought so too. Our family doesn't really have time to get together since everyones busy with different schedules.

Valentines is bullshit. So is mother/father's day.

Lol. Reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons when Skinner closes the school one day early to go on vacation " GO TO WORK WITH YOUR PARENTS DAY!" :p

If Family Day was on the 17th it would have been better for us because my brother was home from uni for the weekend, so we would have gotten a full day all together (he came on Saturday and went back today). I miss him when he's away, so i was glad he came back just for the weekend.

@Iron Kat - If it was on the 17th it would be Sunday!

It's kind of odd, though. My brother doesn't work (yet) or go to school, so he's home, my sister is moved out, my mom works at the US/Canadian border, and she only gets US holidays off (so no Canadian Thanksgiving.. :() My Dad works in a factory, so he doesn't get the day off..

It's me and my brother today. kind of odd

Exactly.. Even if mothers/fathers day is on a weekday, we still don't get the day off, my point is that we get the day off, not that it's the holiday on that day.

Where the hell is my Family Day Holiday...?

Back