Hard Disk Drivers?

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
This is one thing I have never thought to update the drivers of before.

Anybody out there able to help me find the latest drivers for the Maxtor 6L080J4?

I have searched and searched but cannot find anything. My current driver version is 5.1.2535.0 7/1/2001 proved by microsoft.

For that matter, I need new drivers for my IC35L120AVVA07-0 as well. Same driver version. I might have luck finding this one, I will update soon.

EDIT: After looking I can't find anything. Please help! My second hard drive, the older one but not too old... runs very slow when it comes to doing alot of things. Even copying files to it takes forever. I only use it as backup storage usually, or to download torrent information into.

i know how to fix your problem... put the maxtor drive back in its box with all of its packaging, grab the recite, take it back to the store you got it from and buy a different hard drive. I got a maxtor a while ago and its been nothing but trouble since day one!

i know how to fix your problem... put the maxtor drive back in its box with all of its packaging, grab the recite, take it back to the store you got it from and buy a different hard drive. I got a maxtor a while ago and its been nothing but trouble since day one!

It's very old. I can't just return it. :-P

Hard drives don't have drivers as such, just updates for the IDE/SATA ports they connect to. Saying that, some drives can have applets and such to tweak perfomance, however, I don't beleive maxtor is one of them

It might be the controller setting or if you are using a 40wire IDE cable then it would default to the lower speed. (instead of a 80wire IDE cable)

Hmm... not sure how many wires my cables have. I have some ones I bought new at the time, that were wrapped up into plastic tubing rather than the ribbons.

As far as updating the ports... they have under my motherboard, two files I can download for upgrading raid and the IDE/SATA ports... but it says its not compatible with my hardware. I got them from the download page for my motherboard!

I have a d865perl motherboard

Are you sure it is supposed to be fast? It could just be an old HD that runs slow.

Aside from that update your mobo drivers as your HD shouldnt have any problems like this. Sounds like its just a shitty slow HD.

Are you sure it is supposed to be fast? It could just be an old HD that runs slow.

Aside from that update your mobo drivers as your HD shouldnt have any problems like this. Sounds like its just a shitty slow HD.

Could very well be. I was just wondering if hard drives get driver updates like other pieces of hardware. Apparently not.

The main hard drive I have is the IC35L120AVVA07-0... Hitachi made... 120gb, 7200 RPM... Average disk seek time of 8.5ms. IDE hard drive....

The one that is slow is 80gb, fast ata/enhanced IDE... <8ms seek time 7200rpm... yet it accesses everything so much slower than my newer one. If the speed times are so similiar why is the one running so slow? :( I have them both in ultra dma mode.

Back