Has DOD Source been leaked?

Dowie

Reaction score
It was all over sites like HL2 World and Steampowered(thread deleted)

Doubtful, if VALVe did what they did with the HL2 preload(preload all but a few major files). Then no it couldn't be leaked.

and here comes the speculations and rumours that become true on the day of release. damn you jinxers!!! damn you all!!!!

just keep hush and wait for the release please :E

Yes it has been leaked.

There is no need to talk about it or anything. VALVe will catch all those who play it and ban them... You really think it's worth it to get your paid-account banned or would you rather wait the extra 48 hours? I hope you make a wise choice.

Iced_Eagle said:
Yes it has been leaked.

There is no need to talk about it or anything. VALVe will catch all those who play it and ban them... You really think it's worth it to get your paid-account banned or would you rather wait the extra 48 hours? I hope you make a wise choice.
Lol, I guarentee they wont ban people who play it offline, but if they play it online im sure they will ban you. Anyways- im just waiting for the release party. Im sure there will be fun IRC rooms with everyone shouting.

ok guys im not sure what leaked means exactly but does it have anything to do with the day of defeat:source pre-load because mine froze at 98% and i want an explanation

if we tell you then you will just go all crazy on us again

leaked means it has been released early by an illegal download. Google for "Day Of Defeat : Source download"

:naughty:

Lol, I guarentee they wont ban people who play it offline,

Why's that? If they find out you illegally downloaded their software to play the game, I'm sure they would ban you. Doesn't matter if you were playing offline or online (well except it's much harder to find out when you are playing offline :p )

ya but im upset that i waited 4 hours for the day of defeat:source pre-load to freeze at 98% i just wish i knew why.

it only took a few minutes for me to download the pre-load, whats your specs

lol umm i have pentium lll 80gb hardrive nvidia 5200 sorry dont know what else just a kid

try deleting the GCF and starting over.

Go to where Steam is installed, and then in SteamApps delete Day of Defeat: Source.GCF

Then start over... If you have decent Cable/DSL it should only take about a day or two.

umm sorry to ask...but whats GCF.sorry i dont know that much about pc's my father built me the pc he knows alot about pc;s

Go to the folder /Steam/SteamApps/

This is where you installed it.

h8 to tell u this but it doesn't interact with steam or valve servers in anyway so i dout very much any1 will get banned :/

DoD:S was almost definitely leaked by a previewer or beta tester. The GCFs are encrypted and even more important the client.dll and server.dll are missing.

Yes it has been, by the same group that cracked STEAM.

It's an emulator that makes a computer "act" like they have a valid STEAM, so when DoD:S becomes activated, they can play like the rest of us. The best thing that can happen is if we can crash them with "/n" in our names. ^_^

Javert said:
The best thing that can happen is if we can crash them with "/n" in our names. ^_^
HAHAHAHA I remember the times that someone with /$ or something came in the server and crashed it completely...

Those were the days :D

DoD:Source has been leaked, and DoD:Source didnt lead up to my expectations..

Could anyone tell me what is preload, and what is it worth loading it if you can't play it?

Emil2569 said:
Could anyone tell me what is preload, and what is it worth loading it if you can't play it?

Preloading means that you download the game before its release, then when released all you have to do is connect and unlock it. And no it isnt worth it if you cant play it. Just a waste of hard drive space.

Yeah it has been leaked you can see people playing it on the status page. 50 or so people playing now.

I think you'll find those 50 or so people playing are the guys who got the game for review. I read a review published today by a guy who was playing online against the Valve staff.

I think you'll find you are wrong.

I'm not going to post links, but hl2w0rld.com is all i'll say

Mr-Fusion is definitly right. People on hl2world are playing/have already played. There's already a 'first impressions' thread there.

what's up cool catz....i just finished a tour of duty in the dod:s server titled "gabe newell will be here soon"

what's up here in the home front?

213 I hope you don't have a real steam account, if you do get ready for it to be disabled.

here's my review:

the garand is now really easy to fire...1 shot 1 kill...no recooil at all...if i were a us army rifleman up against 3 or 4 german riflemen i will kill them before they can even pull back their bolt...ofcource the kar has been made to a 2 shot kill weapon and now has huge recoil and about 2 full second of bolt pulling.

i have played about 20 rounds and the germans have not won a single one...all the us guys are using rifles and sniper rifles, germans are forced to use kar...and the m40 and stuff must be unlocked through skill levels. the americans don't need it though

why people risk playing leaked versions i dont no

Who cares - its only themselves their taunting - what use is DoD:S if you cant play it against the majority of people.. If i wanted to be part of a group of rejects, i'd join Xbox live :p

213 said:
here's my review:

the garand is now really easy to fire...1 shot 1 kill...no recooil at all...if i were a us army rifleman up against 3 or 4 german riflemen i will kill them before they can even pull back their bolt...ofcource the kar has been made to a 2 shot kill weapon and now has huge recoil and about 2 full second of bolt pulling.

i have played about 20 rounds and the germans have not won a single one...all the us guys are using rifles and sniper rifles, germans are forced to use kar...and the m40 and stuff must be unlocked through skill levels. the americans don't need it though

LOL - too bad you wont be playing with us ya tit :D I bet you were aiming at lamp-post's again ... weren't you.

Back