Has your long time friend walked away?

tesher06

Spy
Reaction score
In a way that he goes to a different highschool and pretty much stops hanging out with you but still talks to you alot.. What does that mean? It's pissing me off because he goes to a private high school now and thinks hes so cool.

Well i had pretty much all my friends move to the other side of the earth. Literally. Does that count?

Sometimes people tend to make themselves look better with the new life they got than they really are, but for me all my friends have remained normal since the departure.

Happened to me with basically all the neighborhood kids, though one of my best friends I kept in touch with, went to his place often enough, now he's here in college with me.

Pretty much. Shit kinda happens when you get old. You know, because your forced to do adult things once highschool is in the past. I still talk to some old my buddies though. Had a few good friends in college too, but pretty much the same thing happened to me then as before in highschool.

Note it's not the same situation as the OP, but very similar.

People grow up and move on, it's the way of things. I wouldn't take offence at it.

at least your still talking.

my best friend moved to Amsterdam and we hardly talk anymore.

i actually ditched my friends from high school a while back because they kept smoking pot and never grew up. but the weirdest thing happened, i left, they got married, and here i am without a degree or a family. but oh well its probably my fault for leaving them. i just hated cleaning up their messes in life and after they all got DWIs and shit like that it went to prove how sloppy of people they were. i bet they are nice now but before they were complete douchebags. also i made new friends who actually give me gifts on my birthday and we do fun stuff together like travel and go places =)

Tesher, maybe you should say something to him. I wouldn't say, "hey you don't hang out anymore. :(", etc. Instead, just ask him to come hang out. Don't expect him to say yes every time. And you should be understanding that he has a new environment with new peers and new friends.

private school kids are cooler...you have to adapt to your social misfortunes and move on

It happens. After college a bunch of my friends stayed in Texas, a few moved to California, and I'm in Pennsylvania -- nobody I hung out with is even remotely near where I am. And it turns out when you're not actually around people, it's really difficult to keep up with them because nothing current you talk about is relevant to them anymore. I only occasionally talk to one out of the three friends I used to hang out with.

It's pretty sad... but eventually you start making new friends.

Has your long time friend walked away? What you need is to enlarge your penis. They'll come running back.

Ditched my best mates after I realised the were actually keeping me from doing anything other than getting pissed every night. It's only now that I see that they were the kind of friends who only wanted what they could get out of someone. They are still in the same rut they were in 10 year ago even now. Sometimes moving on is the only way.

My sort-of long time "friend"-ish guy left to go to some elite rich-kid high school.
He's changed a shitload. He took up smoking and badmouths my school all the time. Apparently he also thinks he's a cool mother****er now.
We didn't talk much before and now we don't talk at all. He wasn't much of a friend for me anyway so what the heck.

Has your long time friend walked away? What you need is to enlarge your penis. They'll come running back.

What they want is a bigger, stronger member. And ExLARGExxL will do that for you in just five minutes.

Seriously though, yeah, I have two friends who left for different high schools(one went to a private school, we still talk on facebook though, and the other got such terrible grades he has to go to one of those crap schools.).

Sucks, man.

Happened to me with basically all the neighborhood kids, though one of my best friends I kept in touch with, went to his place often enough, now he's here in college with me.

Awwwwe!! You said you have a best friend!

I don't believe.

Me and my best friend have been chums since first grade. Now we're in our Sophmore year of college, still going strong.

Some people get the misconception we're gay lovers sometimes...

I had a best friend in primary school but when I got in to secondary we kinda just went of and did are own thing. It does not help that he hangs around with the wrong crowd and now been transformed into a complete idiot.

Anyway I made more friends since I moved to high school anyway so meh.

Me and my best friend are still alright, but we're in different unis and he obviously has lots of work, as do I. We don't see each other often but we talk a lot on MSN. It's just the way of things, I can't see myself losing him as a friend for a good long while though.

I had a friend since start of HS, and we ended up moving in together with his GF and what not and were living together for, gosh, 3 or so years?

Then shit turned sour and we don't talk.

I killed all my friends. Then ate them. OMNOMNOM.

Man, am I glad they changed my title from Bestest Friend to what it's now.

Most of my friends are in college now, but we still get together and hang out when we can, which doesn't happen often.

I have a few LONGGGGGGGG time friends. We're still kind of close. We do our separate things, but we always talk. I also just got a best friend this year, and we moved in together. People think we're homosexuals. It's rather humorous.

I think everyone has a long time friend walk away at some point.

Tell um straight up what it like, eef they don't cur or jus hatin', drop um an geet on.

I dont even talk to any of my best friends I had back home anymore.

I lost most of my friends after switching schools about a year ago since we never really cared to keep in touch with each other. Now I've got 4 friends I treat like my own sister and brothers.

I lost most of my friends after switching schools about a year ago since we never really cared to keep in touch with each other. Now I've got 4 friends I treat like my own sister and brothers.

Dave, Alex, myself, and an imaginary friend.

Derek, I think you meant you, me, Alex, and Skagzilla.

If it weren't for Skaggy, I don't think any of us would still have buttholes :(

Derek, I think you meant you, me, Alex, and Skagzilla.

If it weren't for Skaggy, I don't think any of us would still have buttholes :(

MEH. Also, I consider you and I best friends, Davey. We just have to meet finally.

In a way that he goes to a different highschool and pretty much stops hanging out with you but still talks to you alot.. What does that mean? It's pissing me off because he goes to a private high school now and thinks hes so cool.

It means learn to figure your own friends out. We don't know shit about him.

I moved to a new city like 4 months ago. All my friends are back home. Worst decision ever. I message them frequently about cool things that happened to me in the day, and we go back and forth about shit that's going on. It's mostly because i'm trying to pretend to myself that shit's actually way better out here than at home, when it actually sucks, and I feel like maybe if I can convince them that i'm doing good for myself, then maybe i'll internalize that belief, and life will get better.

emo

its best to find friends that share your interests. and who respect you. i can't stand my ex friends who don't share shit and just take take take. i'd rather have my friend who is 1500 miles away keep in contact with me and visit twice a year than a friend who i always hung around that didn't contribute anything over the course of our 10 years of friendship

Back