Hats

Hats?

• Total voters
I don't really have any hats. Apart from this:

scotlandtartanhat.jpg

125tabl.jpg

KA-POW

Two patrol caps, two baseball caps, 3-4 beanies, a boonie hat, a couple of bandanas, and I reckon I'm gonna pick up a stylish bit o' head gearage to go with my suit. I got a skull like fibre glass mask I got for paintball/airsofting a while back, its pretty awesome but for obvious reasons I don't wear it around in general usage.

I don't wear hats often though, maybe a cap or beanie if its cold/the fancy takes me.

I aspire to a fancy fedora, a batters helmet, a brigade helmet and a 10 gallon cowboy hat.

I'll think I'll go with my Red Stussy beanie today.

The problem with hats is that, if you wear one all the time, it will be a required part of your character. Think of Indiana Jones without his hat. He is not Indy without his hat. If you remove or misplace the hat, you are only half the man you used to be. People will no longer respect or admire you. Friends will be lost - people won't recognize you.

Heh, I know this guy who's been wearing a ball cap since he was around 10 or 11 years old. He's 18 now. He still wears one everywhere to this day. If I see him without it, i'm like "something is wrong here. :O"

The problem with hats is that, if you wear one all the time, it will be a required part of your character. Think of Indiana Jones without his hat. He is not Indy without his hat. If you remove or misplace the hat, you are only half the man you used to be. People will no longer respect or admire you. Friends will be lost - people won't recognize you.

430px-Jamie_Hyneman.jpg

Indeed

You look like a young Jay Leno. :O

I have a knit beanie-type hat that I made, a fleece hat that my cousin gave me for winter, and a floppy brim hat for wearing outside in the garden. I kinda want an earflap hat or a scarf-hood hybrid thing (my ears tend to get painfully cold), so I think I'm going to make one of those. I kinda like berets but the ones I've tried on don't look good on me.

Hopefully nobody here wears top hats seriously. I knew of this guy who used to wear a cape and top hat and kiss girls up the arm. Total creep.

Last week on the bus I saw a lady who had big poofy hair pulled back and she was wearing a hat on her hair. Just on her hair... there was no contact between the hat and her actual head. It was pretty cool :p.

I dream of a world where a man can wear a cape and not be considered creepy or a magician.

I'm still looking for the perfect hat. My head will remain bare until the day find it.

Throughout history, men have worn hats as a way of showing how much better they are than other men. “I buy hats,” a behatted man seems to say. “I am better than you.”

In wartime, hats were a useful way of conferring rank, and ensuring that casualties were confined to the lower classes (hence the famous command of “Don't fire till you see the tops of their heads” at the Battle of Bunker Hill by William Prescott, a general renowned for only shooting enemy combatants who were poor). During peacetime, hats have been instrumental for men to let the non-hatted know just who is wearing the hat around here.

And that’s the entire history of hats. The history you were spoon fed at school, that is, in your government-run hat class. But here’s a little truth bomb your teachers, pastors and ombudsmen of your regional newspapers DON’T WANT YOU TO KNOW: Team Fortress now has MORE hats. We hope this didn’t blow your mind out of the top of your head, since you’ll need a place to put all these cool new hats.

I dream of a world where a man can wear a cape and not be considered creepy or a magician.

Nah, the guy I knew was actually very creepy. There was this girl who met him, and he asked her to get lunch with him. She didn't really want to but she agreed because she didn't want to seem rude. So they got lunch, and then they were walking back to the dorms and he got her to sit at a bench in a quiet/empty part of the geology building. And then he took her arm and kissed her all the way up her arm.

He did the exact same thing to a different girl too.

And then he took her arm and kissed her all the way up her arm.
This works in all the cartoons, so when did it stop being a valid courtship tactic?? Matches perfectly with a cape-wearing personality too.

I don't really have any hats. Apart from this:

scotlandtartanhat.jpg

I have a flat cap actually, but I can't make it work so I never wear it. And a ushanka but that's kind of silly, so generally reserved for fancy dress.
That is a seriously fantastic hat. Which reminds me, my ex's female friend has one exactly like this. I need it.

Back