• Continue as it is!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Will Self!

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Someone Else...post who below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Well, this is a poll to see how many people who want Angus Deyton back in the chair at HIGNFY.....he is sorely missed by me, but since the BBC won't have him back, my personal person who'd be best for it is:

Will Self

vote in the poll, or put ur recommendations below :)

Yeah me too, will self rocked on shooting starts...lol!

Your catching me up on the post count Badger, your gonna overtake me soon ;( ;( , oh well its only a post count...lol

I dont mind it the way it is, but it can only carry on for so long like that. So i dont know really. I dont want Angus back though.

I do agree with the Angus thing, it just wouldn't work, did anyone see the interview Merton did with Parkinson....he hates Angus for what he did, it ruined the show when the presenters became the news..... o and Simmo, neither of us is ever gonna beat EVIL....heh

Since we are semi talking about amount of posts. When do we stop being striders? Because we seemed to reach that level pretty fast. But then we stick there.

Oh yeah and when was that interview on?

Angus Deyton was good, but I currently like the idea of circulating different presenters each week - quite refreshing to have Bruce Forsythe on a few days ago! ;)

Bruce Forsythe rocked majorly.....:) Ian won a holiday to Brussels :) ......even EVIL is still a strider, I remember being a Prowler for some time, and then they changed it, maybe they'll change it now

EDIT : the interview was on when Deyton got kicked, and Paul was giving him a very good kicking, and it was obvious that he really hated him..... so sad that a great combination broke down due to Angus's stupid antics...

which, the Forsythe one or the Parkinson? I missed the Forsythe one when it was on on friday....was at a party....but saw it on saturday :) .....

/me comfortingly pats Zerimski

umm... excuse me but i dont have a clue to what you are talking about.. a TV show?

Originally posted by FireBall
umm... excuse me but i dont have a clue to what you are talking about.. a TV show?

Do you live in Britain? Because if you don't its very doubtful you will have heard of it. Its a TV programme called 'Have i got news for you' its kinda a satirical game show where they talk about the news that week and basically make fun of it.

EDIT: Play your Iraqi cards right! I loved hat one. It was great how he could make fun of himself all the way through the episode. But Ian didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

I watch BBC whenever I can although I don't know much about the reporters. I don't want to start a flame war here but it is in my opinion that BBC is better than any of the major american networks for news, and has more of the news I like than the Canadian networks do.

Kudos to the BBC.

Yeah! BBC comdey rocks.....the Conveyor belt challenge.....very funny.. Have I got News For You For You Have I Got News ! :) was very good...poor Zerimski....was a good way to end the series

Have i got news for you is well good but only since they started changing the host every week. And yea i agree the Play ure cards right episode was great, but poor ian lol. I wonder if he really won the holiday. (lol)

Nah, it was better when it was the origanal team....I didn't like some of the presenters that came on....thats just my opinion

Me thinks your refering to some kind of British analogue to The Daily Show, with Jon Stewart. "When News Breaks, We fix it!"

Originally posted by The Mullinator
I watch BBC whenever I can although I don't know much about the reporters. I don't want to start a flame war here but it is in my opinion that BBC is better than any of the major american networks for news, and has more of the news I like than the Canadian networks do.

Kudos to the BBC.

Slightly more objective than the US news :) I spent a week in New York recently (right in the middle of Episode II: Clone of the Attack.), and I watched a couple of news reports on the tv in the hotel room and they were appalling. Full of opinion, conjecture and uninformed assumptions. And the scaremongering! Jesus wept, I can see why so many americans are armed now, all you see on the news is "OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!! ANTHRAX!! SARS!! ARABS!!". It really is godawful.

although the BBC's shuduling of a certain documentary was HIGHLY suspect.....

Documentary made by the UN, showing what they had found in Iraq, the results were quite worrying, he had enough VX nerve agent to gas the entire world population. I really don't want to start a flame war about the war, but that annoyed me a bit.

Yeah it was on at about 1.08 AM or something stupid.....I saw it in the radio times, and being interested, I set the video....turned out to be very informative....and gave many good reasons for fighting the war

Hmmm. You're right then, the scheduling on that is highly suspect. Although, at least they showed it, shows they can be objective and show both sides of the story. US television could never do that.

true..... I was quite confused by where they put that, turns out the Iraqis had constructed an exact replica of the facility used in the original Manhatten Project....since the information and blueprints were so old, they were now in the public domain...

so do I, I would like to have that on video.....

EDIT: I taped over it with the end of Season 10 of Fraiser :(

Originally posted by Zerimski
Slightly more objective than the US news :) I spent a week in New York recently (right in the middle of Episode II: Clone of the Attack.), and I watched a couple of news reports on the tv in the hotel room and they were appalling. Full of opinion, conjecture and uninformed assumptions. And the scaremongering! Jesus wept, I can see why so many americans are armed now, all you see on the news is "OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!! ANTHRAX!! SARS!! ARABS!!". It really is godawful.

Hmmm. Objective, and News in the same sentence. Without a negative in the middle? Ive never heard that before. All these news programs are full of their own bias' and they just put their own spin on things to draw in viewers. Since they aren't allowed to lie they cleverly disguise their headlines. Like 'The Queen of England has just shot and killed a man"
Later on...
Says Dave from Manchester

Then they just don't show you what would spoil their story. Like mrbadger said in another thread. The BBC put a UN documentary on after midnight because basically it was the other side of the argument.

The problem is, that most people dont ven realise and just take the whole thing at face value. Like in 20 years time it wouldnt be surprising if they started saying "Saddam wasnt all bad, he did alot good really."

Anyway. 'Have i got news for you' was good when it was the old team, but it wouldn't be the same now, knowing all the things Angus had done. If id known while he was still on the show that he was doing that, i probably wouldn't have watched it. Some of the presenters aren't that funny il admit, but some of them are great. Like William Hague. hes a crap politician but he was pretty funny on the show.

I wasn't saying that the BBC were totally objective, of course they're not. What I was saying is that the BBC are more objective than the US news broadcasters.

Slightly more objective than the US news I spent a week in New York recently (right in the middle of Episode II: Clone of the Attack.), and I watched a couple of news reports on the tv in the hotel room and they were appalling. Full of opinion, conjecture and uninformed assumptions. And the scaremongering! Jesus wept, I can see why so many americans are armed now, all you see on the news is "OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!! ANTHRAX!! SARS!! ARABS!!". It really is godawful.
Ya that is basically my feeling too. They are too one sided and the reason they cause fear mongering is because it boosts their ratings.

I wasn't saying that the BBC were totally objective, of course they're not. What I was saying is that the BBC are more objective than the US news broadcasters.

I know you weren't. Sorry you misunderstood me. I wasn't aiming at you. I just have a thing about the media. When i was in the US i was watching and i did notice what you are saying. I think what it is, is that theres all those networks over there all competing to be the best, so they have to do something about it. Over here the apart from the fact that there aren't so many networks, theres also the cultural difference. And laws as well. I don't know about the whole of the US but when i was in California they could basically say anything they wanted about anyone. Like on billboards it would say "You should eat our brand of corn flakes because Special K is crap."
I remember watching two different stations as well. And one of them was saying that SARS was gonna kill off half the population and the other one was saying that its nothing to bother about and that people are over reacting. Flying to Asia isnt sucha danger.

Back