Have there been any new FPS Games released in the last 3 months i might not have know

soulslicer

Tank
Reaction score
Because, the last FPS PC new game that i touched was OpFlashpointRedRiver. I just finished renting and playing FEAR 3. And I know they are releasing a new Call of Juarez game next week. (O wait, those bastards are releasing for PC 3 months later) Any new game game coming out soon or anything I might have missed.?

You played Crysis 2 right? I'd rent that as well. I was surprised I could even be disappointed at it, but it looks pretty enough.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the only thing FPS-wise I'm looking out for, and no, it won't be necessary to play the first two games.

Well besides the already mentioned Deus Ex and Call of Juarez (which looks terrible BTW), There's also Serious Sam 3 which is supposedly coming out this summer, although they haven't specified an exact date yet.

There's also Homefront and Duke Nukem Forever that came out some time ago this year. DNF did poorly, but Homefront got a few positive reviews here and there. Not many other newly-released first-person shooters out there, I'm afraid.

The same development house who've done the Call of Juarez titles are releasing an open-ended zombie FPS that supports drop-in co-op.

It's called Dead Island, and due out in late August or early September I think.

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad is due out at the end of August, if that sort of game is your bag.

Well, there's BRINK. That turned out to be a big disappointment though.

The fps scene is crap at the moment - on and offline!

Join me, Raziaar, Viper, Badhat, Sliver, Krynn, Dinnesch, Morgs, Frosted, and occasionally ZT, Glenn, Hokey, Ren182, Milly, and SirPhoenixx in unrivaled multiplayer cooperative experiences in ARMA 2: Combined Operations.

If you got Red River hoping for some open ended military gaming, you were looking in the wrong place.

Join me, Raziaar, Viper, Badhat, Sliver, Krynn, Dinnesch, Morgs, Frosted, and occasionally ZT, Glenn, Hokey, Ren182, Milly, and SirPhoenixx in unrivaled multiplayer cooperative experiences in ARMA 2: Combined Operations.

If you got Red River hoping for some open ended military gaming, you were looking in the wrong place.

This. I bashed Veggies when he first talked about Arma, but it's probably the best fps game I've played yet.

They don't sell or rent ARMA in my country..i could steam it but..id rather rent it. Brink was crap, I hated it. Haven't tried DNF though, will probably give that a shot. Yeah, I can't wait for DE: HR

They don't sell or rent ARMA in my country..i could steam it but..id rather rent it. Brink was crap, I hated it. Haven't tried DNF though, will probably give that a shot. Yeah, I can't wait for DE: HR
Rent..? There is no rental system for PC games in my country at all.

Brink was indeed crap, worst full-price purchase I've made in a long time.

I too can recommend ARMA2; even though I haven't been able to find the time to play with the HL2.netters, I've played it with other European friends and enjoyed it greatly.

It's not only a great MP title, it has fun SP as well and a very active modding community.

I'd suggest buying it over Sprocket rather than Steam though, http://www.sprocketidea.com/

The fps scene is crap at the moment - on and offline!

I have to agree with this; the FPS genre has just been abysmal as of late. It's been a long time since anything really exciting like HL2, Far Cry (I know it wasn't a masterpiece, but it was a major turning point in game environments for the genre) STALKER, or even BioShock has come along. It's weird, but these days the most interesting first person games aren't even shooters. Portal, Amnesia, Minecraft, even something like New Vegas, which is much less a shooter than it is an RPG. As far as multiplayer goes, most games struggle to compete with 4 year old TF2. FPS games really need some innovation. I know it's a pretty trite thing to say, but I feel like Call of Duty has been a horrible influence on shooter games.

Since I have unlimited free time, I may join next game. You play on saturdays right? And I need acemod installed? I think you have a guide in your thread so I'll just look for that.

Saturdays and/or sundays, whenever we have enough interest. Also sometimes shorter games with small groups during the week.

From what I can remember, Crysis 2 actually had some decent multiplayer. We are in somewhat of a good FPS drought, hopefully this will be ended by the release of BF3.

Back