Hello again.

GhostValkyrie

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

Well, our time in war zone is over for now, and we're in homeport to do some major repairs to our ship. I have to say that the little bit of Japan I have seen I have enjoyed so much, and I can't wait to see the larger cities, though I feel I am calming down as I get older...and that I want to be in the large cities less and less. Even though the city is where I came from.

Anyway, enough rambling. I have to say that I really didn't enjoy the Middle East, or Africa. But that the people there are not anti-american. We are welomed and wanted in many parts of the Middle East. The news corporations depictions of an anti-american Syria are incorrect. Our music is blackmarket material in many parts of the Middle East., including Syria. People from surrounding countris venture there and to the United Arab Emirates to get their hand on our culture and self-expression. Man people I have talked to in the East dream of going to the States.

If I had a choice, I would never go back to the East, but I can say that those are memories I will cherish, and a new perspective gained. I was under the impression that the porpaganda of an Anti-American Syria was correct...I'm afraid not. Syria seems to have the largest underground market to American culture. Many friends I made said that's where they go to get their heavy metal CDs. The UAE is alright, it's westernized...but they are quite Conservative and much American Metal isn't welcomed...but rap and pop are very prominent in the area.

While there isn't too much of a direct point to this post, it's to let you know that We are welcome in these parts of the world after all. Perhaps not by the govt., and perhaps not by hand-fulls of people...but there are those who do welcome us and accept our culture. Not everyone is our enemy. We have friends in many places that we'd never think twice about. Places we've never heard of.

Apparently our ship's visit (USS JUNEAU) to Eritrea made CNN News I hear.

Man, it's been nice to get to relax for a few days. But I'm afraid my days of major game playing are coming to an end. I do pick up a new games every so often. One that really catches my eye. But the days of just running out and buying a few are done for. Especially after months of being under-way and constantly working. I feel less accomplishment when defeating a game. So, I guess this is to say that I appreciate the time I had hear with you before I left, and when I've returned time and time again.

Many of you remember me, more do not. But know that while my Captain and the Executive Officer really don't care about me and are trying to make this a nightmare, I would join again if I had the choice...because I've had experiences that would have other-wise nevy been possible. And that some day I will drop by to say his again, perhaps...and if I don't, it's no big deal really.

I hope you are all doing well, and that you don't take what you have for granted. I thought that before I was very lucky to be an American, and to have what little I had. But when you port in a country that's roughly as large as your ship...you see how much more you have even then.

To my fellow Americans. Be proud, not everyone hates you. And if they do, they aren't worth your breath. Life is too short to worry with that. Enjoy it, you are very very lucky to live where you do.

-Elijah.

Yes I remember you!

/me hugs

Good to hear you're ok!

PS: Stay away from the politics forum.

so you are/ was on a ship?

thats the only thing that i can seem to read. sorry.

Heh! Welcome back, I remember you :)

Glad to see you're OK ;)

Welcom... oh wait, I don't know you.

Hello, my name is Ranga, and I have red hair

Yea, I remember! Seems like ages ago when you made that final leaving thread.. but it looks like you're enjoying it, so I hope you continue to have a great time :thumbs:

Hey Ghost, so great to see you again! :)

Seems like you're having quite an adventure, it really sounds fun. :)

Nice of you to drop round. :D Good luck on your travels, seen any pirates yet?

Hey Ghost, nice of you to drop a message by us! :) Hope you are safe when you're on duty, come back in 1 peice boy!

Great to see your adventures in the navy are going so well and that you are gaining so much from your experiences. Not many people have the option; its one I hopefully will have in a few years. Thanks for your service.

*Vigilante saltues you while trying to maker his text green like Pendragon and Tr0n*

Back