Help Get Portal 2 Released Early - OVERCLOCK HAS BEGUN, Release Incoming!

You guys realize that it will still take at least 12 hours for that potato clock to countdown. Shouldn't have stockpiled so many potoatos

The potato countdown is going to take only two hours less than the other countdown to finish.

I calculated it as running out in about 10 and a half hours.... assuming a few games finish in that time, it could be equal. It may be more than a few depending on how much boost these potatoes provide...

It looks like its dropping 10 every second or so, which would mean 12.4 hours to hit zero.

According to my calculations the aux power will be at 0 in 10 hours and 36 minutes, which is about 10:45 PM US EST. Hopefully this will be the time it releases.

The potatoes don't need to hit zero - we just need to fill the game bars. The potato overclock might run out before then, hopefully not...but that isn't the limiting factor.

Exactly 120 every 10 seconds, or 12 every second

Maybe if your personal potato gets unlocked, your game does?

Again I have calculated that the aux power will be at zero at about 10:45 EST because its is going down at about 700 per minute!

So basically this whole ARG was a countdown to the American midnight release.

It would be hilarious if all this lead up do a delay announcement, and that the preload data was all junk files. People would be really pissed, but I'd laugh my ass off.

So basically this whole ARG was a countdown to the American midnight release.

Whatever happens, I don't think us UK guys will be playing tonight.

I wonder how sick I can make myself sound on the phone tomorrow...

you do see the irony don't you ? Everyone got crazy over potatoes and now ..... potatoe revenge :imu:

I don't think it's bad thing that we've got this much potatoes. The countdown rate of the potatoes was computed from the amount of potatoes to start with and the date they wanted it to reach zero.

I don't think it's bad thing that we've got this much potatoes. The countdown rate of the potatoes was computed from the amount of potatoes to start with and the date they wanted it to reach zero.

.... which is roughly the time of the American midnight release. It was all planned that way.

I had beans on toast for lunch, I wonder if that will make it release quicker?

I'm more confused than ever.

I'm pretty sure the potato's are just boosting the "processing" capacity of the cpu's currently running the gamea. Once the potato's are gone, we will probably revert back to the normal completion rate.

Look at the top! It says there are 9 active test subjects! I am sure that it used to say that there are 0! Awesomeness!

"11:00 - Involuntary hazard mitigation associates have assumed testing positions...
11:00 - Pre-release lethality assessment initiated..."

Translated - They got nine people to play the game before the release. How nice for them.

Look at the top! It says there are 9 active test subjects! I am sure that it used to say that there are 0! Awesomeness!

Check out the FB link I posted a couple of minutes ago. It shows a pic of one of the nine playing the game.

does that mean 9 random people get to play?

congratulations everyone, thanks to the community's efforts these 9 people get to play the game 14 hours before the rest of you!

I'm pretty sure the potato's are just boosting the "processing" capacity of the cpu's currently running the gamea. Once the potato's are gone, we will probably revert back to the normal completion rate.

This is correct.

We already knew that the potatoes were for overclocking purposes. They weren't in effect until now. The potatoes aren't a countdown, you fools. We wanted to have as many as possible. We are USING those potatoes for the speed boost. Once they run out the speed boost is over. We may finish all the games before they run out.

This is correct.

We already knew that the potatoes were for overclocking purposes. They weren't in effect until now. The potatoes aren't a countdown, you fools. We wanted to have as many as possible. We are USING those potatoes for the speed boost. Once they run out the speed boost is over. We may finish all the games before they run out.

Not much of a boost. Audiosurf has barely progressed from where the overclock started, and we've lost more than 40k potatoes

I'm glaring as hard as I can at you by now. Not just me, but all of the me's in every instant of time and space, just turned to glare at you, at your present position in the continuum. Glare.

does that mean 9 random people get to play?
Not random people. They selected people who were instrumental in solving the ARG puzzles and took over their Steam accounts. They started acting strangely and a special banner appeared in their profile. They appear to have been flown out to Seattle.

has anyone noticed that the auxillary potato power meter is being depleted? it's now in the 3918-- zone: I think this could be it!
The last four pages noticed. My mother noticed. Even Kotaku noticed.
edit: Double Ninja'd. Recorded for the fun we had scowling at Kotaku.

Back