Help with a film project

Escaep

Tank
Reaction score
I'm doing a project for my Appreciation of the Motion Picture class, and I have to make an 8-minute video on green screens. What I'm hoping to to do is have a short history of green screens (first movie they were used in, who invented them etc) and then the rest of the project shows behind the scenes clips of movies being made with actors acting in front of green screens. Then I will find their corresponding scenes and show the final effect.

So, I am asking for help finding behind the scenes clips of green screens being used, or, a good place to find such clips. Basically every movie nowadays uses green screens but I am having trouble finding behind the scenes videos.

!escape

Special features such as "Making Of" on the DVD of any effects-heavy film should have some.
Say - Lord of the Rings, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, King Kong, Sin City and the like.

Or even 300, which was filmed entirely in front of a green screen.

Or even 300, which was filmed entirely in front of a green screen.

This is the first movie that came to mind. I remember watching the movie on tv and they had a short "making of" that showed the filming in front of a green screen and then the final product. Videos like these are what im trying to find.

Don't forget to mention they used to be blue!

Edit: Reading the wiki article apparently blue is still used for certain applications like weather maps.

You should be calling them chroma keys, not green screens.

They use pink (magenta) screens too. Pre-colour film used mattes (Star Wars still used B&W for some space stuff). There should be plenty of resources for you.

Back