Help with Source Dedicated Server

blaze612

Reaction score
First of all, I'm not sure if this should go here, and if it should be moved, please do so.

OK now for the hard part.

I have made my own Counter Strike Source server, everything is working except one thing, but I will get to that in a moment. Let me first tell you all the things I've done so hopefully you don't ask if i have done them as part of the solution.

In the past 5 days, I have spent over 6 hours each day trying to get this server be seen on the Internet tab. People can join it if i give them my external IP, or if the server is added to their favorites, but they cannot see it anywhere under the Internet tab. I see it under my LAN tab, but that is because im on the computer that is hosting the server. In that time, I have:

forwarded these exact ports:

27015-27016 on Both
27000-27015 on UDP
27030-27039 on TCP
27020-27020 on UDP
1200-1200 on UDP

I have also enabled DMZ. To make sure firewall wasn't doing anything, I have put every port listed above(one by one, for example: 27000,27001,27002...etc, except 27030-27039) on allow and every program that has to do with steam or Counter Strike Source.

Here is my server.cfg:

Code:
// server name
hostname "Blaze's Hellpit|IF YOU SEE THIS SERVER TELL BLAZE_612 RIGHT AWAY!!!"

// rcon passsword
rcon_password "**********"

// Advanced RCON
sv_rcon_banpenalty 60
sv_rcon_maxfailures 10
sv_rcon_minfailures 9
sv_rcon_minfailuretime 30

// server cvars
mp_friendlyfire 0
mp_footsteps 1
mp_autoteambalance 0
mp_autokick 0
mp_flashlight 1
mp_tkpunish 0
mp_forcecamera 0
sv_alltalk 0
sv_pausable 0
sv_cheats 0
sv_consistency 1
sv_allowupload 1
sv_allowdownload 1
net_maxfragments 1400
sv_maxspeed 320
mp_limitteams 2
mp_hostagepenalty 0
sv_voiceenable 1
mp_allowspectators 1
mp_timelimit 60
mp_chattime 10
sv_timeout 120

// physics
sv_pushaway_force 22000
sv_pushaway_max_force 100000
sv_pushaway_min_player_speed 75
sv_turbophysics 5
phys_pushscale 3

// round specific cvars
mp_freezetime 0
mp_roundtime 8
mp_startmoney 16000
mp_c4timer 45
mp_fraglimit 0
mp_maxrounds 0
mp_winlimit 0
mp_playerid 0
mp_spawnprotectiontime 5

// bandwidth rates/settings
sv_minrate 0
sv_maxrate 0
decalfrequency 10
sv_maxupdaterate 100
sv_minupdaterate 66

// server logging
log off
sv_logbans 0
sv_logecho 1
sv_logfile 1
sv_log_onefile 0

// operation
[B][I]sv_lan 0
sv_region 1
sv_contact [email protected]
setmaster add 24.13.161.2:27015
setmaster enable 24.13.161.2:27015[/I][/B]

// execute ban files
exec banned_user.cfg
exec banned_ip.cfg 

exec mani_quake_sounds
exec autoban.cfg

// Mani Mod
exec mani_server.cfg
ma_war 0

// Announce Execution
say Public Mode CFG executed

If you noticed, I have added the:
Code:
setmaster add 24.13.161.2:27015
setmaster enable 24.13.161.2:27015
to make sure that they are in fact into the masterserver list.

I have also let my server be on 5+ hours and still, none of my friends can see it under Internet tab. I am running out of ideas, and hope. For so long I've looked at forums,videos,guides, and tutorials, and nothing seems to work. I am very disseminated in Valve for letting such a thing happen, because the server is being created from a program they have made, and Game Tracker can see it, but yet Valve and Steam cannot.

Here is the server on GameTracker.com

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/24.13.161.2:27015/

Please this has caused me to not buy anything that Valve has made from now on unless there is a fix, and I KNOW there is since, my friend who bough a server earlier has everything working, and people can see his server.

Please I am very desperate for help!

Add Blaze_612 on steam if you have any questions.

You only need to forward the port your server will use (default 27015). When you start your server, check which port it's using by typing `status` into the server console. You can force a port by adding `-port 27015` to your server execution line. Note that putting the -commands (vs +commands) in your server.cfg is a bit silly, since they execute on map change and you usually don't want -commands to change. I have never had to use the setmaster commands (nor `sv_lan 0` for that matter) and I actually don't know what they do.

Are you running this on Windows? Have you allowed an exception for the server port (default 27015)? Are you running the game on the same machine? This might screw up the server from using the default port (say you're hosting a listen server and your dedicated server restarts).

See also: http://srcds.com/

You only need to forward the port your server will use (default 27015). When you start your server, check which port it's using by typing `status` into the server console. You can force a port by adding `-port 27015` to your server execution line. Note that putting the -commands (vs +commands) in your server.cfg is a bit silly, since they execute on map change and you usually don't want -commands to change. I have never had to use the setmaster commands (nor `sv_lan 0` for that matter) and I actually don't know what they do.

Are you running this on Windows? Have you allowed an exception for the server port (default 27015)? Are you running the game on the same machine? This might screw up the server from using the default port (say you're hosting a listen server and your dedicated server restarts).

See also: http://srcds.com/

yes its on windows, and if you didn't read, Ive made every port i have forwarded an exception to firewall, server IS using 27015 port.

as for the forward, Ive read that if the default doesn't work, those should be forwarded too

Back