Helplife2.net: First Kiss

ugghhh sorry bud, that sucks. girls are dicks, careful that she doesnt continue to jerk you around. its a pretty common thing for younger girls to do: act like youre more than friends when its convenient for them, but act the opposite whenever they feel like it.

its

b
u
l
l
s
h
i
t

2. She genuinely didn't understand what I was doing. I was in kind of an awkward position, on top of a couch while she was sitting on the floor. It's possible she didn't get what I was doing at first and didn't say anything afterward in an attempt to avoid awkwardness. Or maybe she never got it at all? That might explain how easily she was able to totally ignore what happened.

I vote for option number two.

Also on the "signals" bit. What exactly are we talking about here?

I vote for option 2 as well, being an optimist.

Give it a bit of time, sure there will be another opportunity to try again. How close are you guys exactly? As in is physical contact sort of a norm for you? Might be easier to send a message of what you wanted to do if the two of you were sitting closely next to one another (thinking about it, couch to floor sounds kinda an odd angle so my guess is that she was genuinly confused).

She's an alien and has genuinely no idea what just happened but she wants to grind your bones in her posterior teeth

RUN WHILE YOU CAN
RUN WHILE YOU CAN

Uh oh! That's not good.

Now would be the time to actually talk to her! Dash those romance fantasies out the window. Tell her how you feel! It can be hard but it's better to do that than to wonder, or end up trying to kiss someone that really doesn't want it at all and just wants your ass to die to witches so she doesn't have to.

Make sure it's face to face.

Sounds like rapetime.

In all seriousness, you describe yourselves in the first post as being "pretty much in a relationship", but the question I have now is, how physical have you guys been? I mean, obviously you haven't kissed before, but do you cuddle? Do you hold hands? And does she initiate those things? Her reaction suggests being caught off guard, which makes me think you're just going right for the kiss.

I would most likely do what Ace said and just talk to her, but don't push too hard about it. The fact that she slid right back into gaming after the near kiss with no hugely uncomfortable moment on her part, might mean that going to talk seriously about feelings will make her want to jet / shut it down.

I say next time just bloody straight up ask her does she want to be kissed.

Contrary to some advice here, I wouldn't do any frontal assaults - you can't rationalize attraction to her, it's not like you'll say "we're close, we have such a good time together, kissing time!" and she'll be like "you know what, you're right! :D".

I think the way you reacted is important. From what you said, it seems you reacted well - by asking "what do you think I'm doing?" instead of going "ooh uhhh ummm I'm sorry...". It wasn't awkward afterwards, so that's good.

I think you should distance yourself slightly and see if she looks for your attention. Do it in a way that doesn't seem like you're punishing her - smile etc., but be a little less receptive, don't initiate for a while. Make her figure it out for herself that she enjoys your company and you're having a good time together (as opposed to saying it directly). But remember, don't overdo it, be subtle, if she sees you acting significantly differently, she'll might figure out that you're trying to pull something.

If that fails, 'accidentally' walk in on her while she's showering. Say you climbed through the window and needed to borrow some cashews.

No, I think you should straight up ask her is she is interested in being more then friends. Since from what you described, it seems like you two hang out and play video games and other things that buddies do. I have the strong suspicion you've been friend zoned...

In all seriousness, you describe yourselves in the first post as being "pretty much in a relationship", but the question I have now is, how physical have you guys been? I mean, obviously you haven't kissed before, but do you cuddle? Do you hold hands? And does she initiate those things? Her reaction suggests being caught off guard, which makes me think you're just going right for the kiss.

Well I could go through an exhaustive list but I'll spare you the time and just deliver the penultimate portion: at one point she climbed on top of me and tried to shove a hacky sack into my mouth with hers. I don't know - can you see where I'm coming from?

It's a ball with beads in it.

Anyway, the nature of the ball is beside the point.

at one point she climbed on top of me and tried to shove a hacky sack into my mouth with hers.

Engaging in the oral exchange of hacky sacks is a sure sign that a chick wants to ride you into the small hours.

But in all seriousness that is probably a point where you could / perhaps should have tried initiating a kiss.

if not you have a serious dicktease on your hands and should immediately take Sulkdodd's advice

Yeah, I don't know many people who would do that just as friends (but what do I know). Probably was actually confused as to what was going on. Just wait for a better chance and try again (perferably face to face instead of not being level).

I also suggest asking "are you interested in being more than friends?"

If she freaks out like "hell no," just say that a friend of yours thought that she was and you wanted to confirm that she wasn't. Then masturbate.

Well I could go through an exhaustive list but I'll spare you the time and just deliver the penultimate portion: at one point she climbed on top of me and tried to shove a hacky sack into my mouth with hers. I don't know - can you see where I'm coming from?

Yup, that answers that. Kiss the hell out of her.

Hot. Anyway. Seriously. Talk to the girl. Or kiss her. Do something.

I think asking her might be a good thing. You said you weren't afraid of rejection or anything like that, right? (I'm too lazy to scroll through the thread and find the part where I think you said this) so you may as well go for it.

But try not to bombard her with it or anything. Play it cool. I mean, from what you've said there's been some degree of behaviour that could be construed as flirty so there's possibility of a spark between you guys that just needs to be ignited.

But brace for whatever outcome happens. Women are strange and confusing and no matter how many men say they understand women, no matter how many women say they understand men, this is all them just thinking they do. We're wired differently and we will probably never completely get each other, so just go with it.

Put your hacky sack in her mouth, 60% of the time it works every time.

60% of the time it works every time.

ROFL I'll have to use this some time.

"Sir there's nothing to worry about, this medical procedure works every time, 20 % of the time."

Whatever you do, have "the talk" soon, to clear out whether she wants to be friends or more. Lingering in uncertainty while you keep hanging out with eachother is the single worst feeling in the world.

at one point she climbed on top of me and tried to shove a hacky sack into my mouth with hers.

I think it's only fair that you try to shove a happy sack into her mouth.

(it's a sack with your balls in it)

First you have to understand the fact that if you don't kiss her, or get closer to her, you'll get in the "just friends" zone, and you don't want that. Build the self confidence you need and go along.

Now, for your question,
If you're Sure she'd go along with it (you have to read the signs, make sure you know she's into you before going along with this, or you might fail):

Have an ordinary talk, then tell her you want to show her something cool and sit down with her in a place you think she'd be most comfortable (you don't want to kiss her in front of too many people or in a place that's too crowded and too noisy and so on, she has to feel comfortable) , sit in front of her, tell her to look straight into your eyes and think of a number between 1 and 10, tell her to focus hard on the number while you try to guess it (it's usually 7),
if it's 7 she'll be amazed, you can say "wow! what are the odds? I thought I felt something there, guess I was right" and then you simply ask her "do you want to kiss me?". Possible answers:

-No (less than 10%) --> "I didn't say you can, geez!" (in a joking way, then act normal, you've crashed and burned)
-Maybe (most the time) --> "Well then let's find out", then you kiss her
-Yes --> You gently kiss her, don't push too hard, you don't want to choke her now

Her number might not be 7 but it's still alright, it's the looking deep in the eyes part that makes this work, not guessing the number.
This should work if you really think she wants you but you just can't find a way to kiss her.

if it's 7 she'll be amazed, you can say "wow! what are the odds? I thought I felt something there, guess I was right" and then you simply ask her "do you want to kiss me?".

Are you serious?

Well something like that, sure you don't want to sound like "Hooray! it was 7! now let's make out.."

Back