Heres WHY SOME people have 56K!!!!!

MaverickUK said:
I think there should be a way to make broadband only servers and 56k only servers in multiplayer.

All this bickering and you have the best idea yet :)

I agree special servers would be good.

Do what they did with burnout 3 on xbox live with the different tv settings. The server detects your speed and then lets you joint he server if your spee dis high enough. Only problem is most servers will be broadband.

HadouKen24 said:
Exactly. Living Oklahoma, (pity me) I know a lot of people who have to go without broadband just because they live in out in the boondocks.

I'm out in tulsa, oklahoma, in the suburbs. and I have broadband. :E

Soon, the lack of broadband will be eliminated by Fiber to the Premises. ;p

I admit 56k is annoying, but some people would rather spend their money on better things than getting 5 extra kills in CS. Does it realy turn you on so much? Jesus, i mean some of us play for fun, which is why games are made. Youre probably the one in CS:S hiding behind doors and playing on all the glitches because you boost your kill rating. Its not fun, its sad. Thats not to anyone in particular btw. :flame:

and breathe out

:dozey:

Edge,
Are you aware that capitalism in order to work as a system requires a percentage of the population to be unemployed?
Do you think that people could be ritch if there were no poor?
Do you honestly believe that a poor person could stop being poor and just says Hey what the ****, why should I try?... Ill just lay here and starve to death.
Are you 12 years old?

XBORGZORZ said:
Edge,
Are you aware that capitalism in order to work as a system requires a percentage of the population to be unemployed?
Do you think that people could be ritch if there were no poor?
Do you honestly believe that a poor person could stop being poor and just says Hey what the ****, why should I try?... Ill just lay here and starve to death.
Are you 12 years old?

I am far from 12 years old and I never said people can stop being poor if they say what the ****. I said there is no excuse for being poor.

You are coming into this conversation way late and we are already passed all of that. But if you want to discuss it quote me proper and don't use the age tactic. :burp:

I said there is no excuse for being poor.

Im still confused how there is no excuse for being poor. I mean If you try everything you could like getting a better job, going to the county for help, asking friends and family for help, selling stuff....etc

What else are you suppose to do?

I mean you act like theres ALWAYS a way to avoid being poor. Right here right now tell me the magical answer to avoid becoming poor?

Because you seem to think getting an education and a job is it. As if its that simple all the time. A single guy on his own. WOW. Now try the real world where the are endless situations and scenarios.

So whats the magical answer to avoid becoming poor? Since "There is no excuse".

1.This thread is a load of stupid rubbish.

2. There are plenty of excuses for being poor.

3. Broadband is a luxury for most people.

4. Edge is a stupid fat sausage-shaker.

How about Edge lays out what he's saying here and Assassin does the same and then you both shut up and realise it's completely unimportant and you're wasting your own time.

Ok, here's the trouble.

56K'ers are either:

A) cheap

or

B) poor or in the sticks

The cheap thing has nothing to do with their DSL/56K choice. Rather, the choice of equipment.

Realize, 98% of 56K'ers use cheap 10$ software based modems. That's the problem. I have no problem whatesoever playing with someone who's got a good low latency hardware-based modem. But those peeps on dial-up with 10$ modems:

Please leave, it annoys those who do pay the extra for the privilege of a non-laggy game.

If you're from B), then my apologies. But I'm poor also, and still manage cable internet. If you're in the sticks... you're probably still gonna lag with a good 56K hardware modem.

Assassin X said:
So whats the magical answer to avoid becoming poor? Since "There is no excuse".
Hardwork and dedication. People come from other countries to the United States daily in search of a better life. They often have little money, can't speak english, and know noone. They still succeed. Poor people are lazy and full of excuses. Stop playing the victim and get to work.

You think I am some rich person but I had to work to get out of poverty. I won't go into details because I am sure noone cares hehe.
Mr.Wotsit said:
4. Edge is a stupid fat sausage-shaker.

How about Edge lays out what he's saying here and Assassin does the same and then you both shut up and realise it's completely unimportant and you're wasting your own time.

Wow thanks for the contribution. How about you go away if you are not interested in discussing this. We obviously don't think we are wasting our time.

You think I am some rich person but I had to work to get out of poverty. I won't go into details because I am sure noone cares hehe.

Actually i partly described my life. Id like to hear some details about yours. Id like to hear your life since it must be what you think the real definition of poor is.

Everyone knows a person from another country can come here and get a better education and job then a poor family because there foreign. They, if they insist can get schooling through different places and a job, which i think is great btw. Its messed up in this country for poor americans to some point that have been here their whole lives and have a hard time and tried everything. BTW i dont mean it in a mean way towards foriegn people because technicaly speaking my grandparents are from Italy.

The 56kers im talking about are americans that arent foreign and cant make it.

How they heck can you:

Stop playing the victim and get to work.

...when you have done everything possible besides become a hooker to pay the bills? Like i said you seem to think because it was easy for you (because you got your education and job) it should be easy for everyone else so why isnt it.

Youve seen the news with job loss and what not. Its like your living in a fantasy world.

IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS PC OR COMPARABLE YOUR A POSER:

AMD-64 FX-55 (or highest end Pentium)
480-Watt Power Supply
Twin Sticks of 512 PC-3200 DDR Ram
Sony DRU-700 (Dual-Layer) (Dvd-Rom Burner)
250 GB 7,200 RPM HD
SB Audigy 2 zs Platinum
Ati Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition or Geforce 6800 Ultra
Creative Labs Gigaworks 7.1

So edge technicaly speaking your a poser yourself. Heck even im a poser. Gamers know the biggest and best system is what is hot and the best. Well that is supposedly the best system right now to have. So unless you have that your a POSER. And theres no excuse not to have it. It only costs $3,905 plus some additional parts. THERES NO EXCUSE NOT TO HAVE IT.

Assassin X said:
Actually i partly described my life. Id like to hear some details about yours. Id like to hear your life since it must be what you think the real definition of poor is.
sent you a PM. Don't wanna feed the trolls.

Assassin X said:
IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS PC OR COMPARABLE YOUR A POSER:

AMD-64 FX-55 (or highest end Pentium)
480-Watt Power Supply
Twin Sticks of 512 PC-3200 DDR Ram
Sony DRU-700 (Dual-Layer) (Dvd-Rom Burner)
250 GB 7,200 RPM HD
SB Audigy 2 zs Platinum
Ati Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition or Geforce 6800 Ultra
Creative Labs Gigaworks 7.1

So edge technicaly speaking your a poser yourself. Heck even im a poser. Gamers know the biggest and best system is what is hot and the best. Well that is supposedly the best system right now to have. So unless you have that your a POSER. And theres no excuse not to have it. It only costs $3,905 plus some additional parts. THERES NO EXCUSE NOT TO HAVE IT.

I have the following which is completely capable of playing any game available with max settings.

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz (Non Hyperthreading)
Antec Tru-Power 550W Power Supply
Windows XP Professional SP2
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
1024MB RAM DDR400 2x512MB
RADEON 9800 XT (driver v.6.14.0010.6497) AGP 4x
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 (driver v5.12.0001.0444)
WDC WD36 10000RPM Raptor SATA 8MB Cache Hard Drive
Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Network Connection (driver v7.0.37.0)
Dell W2300LCD/TV(Digital) 23" LCD (Widescreen) 1280x768 (72Hz)

I haven't upgraded my processor yet because I am waiting for 4Ghz and I will have to get a new Video Card for PCI-X.

I know this is gonna get me in trouble.... but

AMD OWNERS ARE POSERS :LOL:

As for the AMD thing....hehehe....i hate amd anyways. lol.

Got your Pm. Well, then you are like us. You know what its like being poor. Although i dont know why still dont see its not easy getting from "Being poor" to "Being normal". You got out on your own and it changed for you. Obviously it was easier and you ahd a life of your own and it was just you, no one else to take care of. Just your bills, your money.

Its almost seems as if your mad at poor people because there not trying hard enough. And im sure there are some 56k people that are just lazy but you make it out as if every single person is lazy.

Remember not every single person that has 56k is a single person. SOme of them are families. Like i said before your just 1 person on your own with no one else to have to support so its pretty easy. My friend said once he got marriied his money was way harded to control with a family to take care of. And im sure youd probably say "If your going to have a family you shouldnt game" or something like that. Even though alot of gamers are married men.

Anyways my point is "yes" some poor people choose to be that way but its not always the case and you shouldnt have that opinion because there are those who really do have 56k that would love broadband whose parents are trying everything they can to get more money and stop being poor.

I actually do have a family to take care of too.

Then i am without a doubt lost. Unless of course you make alot of money. Or at least enough to support them and have good stuff around and what not.

Maybe im just giving the 56k people the benefit of the doubt here. But ive been to alot of peoples homes around here and ive been over their budgets and ive seen them go to jobs and get turned down and they got degrees from major schools. So i just dont see how they are lazy. I dont know how thats there fault for having 56k.

Id like to see what you want them to do different. What you want them to do. Tell me and ill tell them. Because theres nothing they can do different.

Assassin X said:
Id like to see what you want them to do different. What you want them to do. Tell me and ill tell them. Because theres nothing they can do different.

I am just an elistes prick. I was broke now I am not and I don't pity those that are because I feel like if I could overcome anyone could which is not true.. but it is my twisted viewpoint :)
:cheers:

So then your admitting that your view is wrong? lol OK

Heck ive seen a story about a guy that when he was 8 his parent were killed and he lived on the streets and somehow lived there until he was 16 and now he is 28 and now makes $75k a year as some Wall Street guy. I mean thats an amazing story too but that doesnt mean all poor people are lazy just because some kid lived on the street and made it.

But hey as longa s you admit its your own twisted view point im happy.

lol.

Assassin X said:
So then your admitting that your view is wrong? lol OK

Your stamina outlasted my steam... lost my drive ROFL
:LOL:

gg :thumbs:

Broadband prices are slowly going down, and the internet is being upgraded with more users ( somewhat/eventually), but with more usage and high intensity applications broadband (cable/dsl) will be the new 56k in time.

another reason might be that people just cant get it ie the live in the forest like me.

I know this thread has been going for ages. But, the i dont think the definition of poser matches what people reckon it is here, especially asssasin-x later on. In less its some far-fetch definition.

Back