HL+HL2 - Favorite Character.

I don't even get what that sentence means. Though it's probably something along the lines of "shut up".

Goddammit you newbies squabbly like a bunch of girls.

^This.

My favourite character has got to be Adrian Shephard. Yes. AS. AS. AS, when backwards SA which is part of SAMON. HEARD THAT HUH SAMON? YEAH ADRIAN, OOOOH ADRIAN. OPPOSING FORCE OOOOH WAAAHHH.

Haha, i know you dont hate it as seen in my Grunt video, just teasing ya mate.

^This.

My favourite character has got to be Adrian Shephard. Yes. AS. AS. AS, when backwards SA which is part of SAMON. HEARD THAT HUH SAMON? YEAH ADRIAN, OOOOH ADRIAN. OPPOSING FORCE OOOOH WAAAHHH.

Haha, i know you dont hate it as seen in my Grunt video, just teasing ya mate.

You see Hammer? This bloke gets me.

- Those two grunts in HL1 (explosive satchel at their feet) "all I know for sure is that he's killing my buddies" (boom!)

- The other two grunts in HL1 who catch Gordon by closing the door behind and switching off the light (punch, punch, kick, punch) "hehehe, we got him"

- The sergeant in the OF boot camp, Full Metal Jacket like, "let's see your face in the dirt, maggot!"

- Barney (Gordon pulls the switch) "great job Gordon, I see that MIT degree really speaks for itself" lol

- Cecil (Gordon comes out from the elevator shaft after accidentally fallen) "what was the Free Man expecting to find inthere?"

I like Barney. He's got a positive attitude about things.

Also, pardon me...

I think barney is a pretty cool guy. eh kills combine and owes beers

...I'll show myself out...

I like Barney. He's got a positive attitude about things.

Also, pardon me...

I think barney is a pretty cool guy. eh kills combine and owes beers

...I'll show myself out...

Everyone like's Barney.

Alyx, mainly because she's got a sense of humour and you play through ep.1 and ep.2 with her.

Griggs & Sheckley are funnier. Though they last for a far shorter time. Sadly.

any soldier-medic from half life 2, they just randomly give you medpacks sometimes when you're not even looking at them.

G-man, just love him. See him in one place, later on in the mission he's away head of you!

adrian shepard has always reminded me of boba fett in that mysterious badass way, and that's why i like him the best. close second=barney. i mean, how can you hate him?

adrian shepard has always reminded me of boba fett in that mysterious badass way
Boba Fett says nothing and does nothing but stand around, cross his arms, and nod at poorly disguised tarts pretending to be bounty hunters. The only notable thing he ever did in Star Wars was suck and die.

Sooo.... considering that AS says absolutely nothing and gets 99% of this characterisation from the goldsrc version's loading screen, I take it you died a lot? :p Basically, I couldn't have asked for a better illustration of why the AS character is not as good as some would say he was. He's as good as Boba Fett, and Fett isn't even as good as Admiral Ackbar.

Boba Fett says nothing and does nothing but stand around, cross his arms, and nod at poorly disguised tarts pretending to be bounty hunters. The only notable thing he ever did in Star Wars was suck and die.
Oooh, I am so mad at you right now, but I'm more mad at the fact that you're right and all of Boba Fett's badassery is from the EU. It was Dark Horse that made Boba Fett awesome.

It has to be Eli for the same reason as the guy that started the thread, but as a funny character i think its joint with kleiner and mugnusson.

Eli...is kind, encouraging, and is the deepest character in the whole series.

Eli's really nice, but he's not a deep character. He's just into helping people, protecting his daughter and Doing Teh Right Thing For Humanity.

He's probably got the purest motives in the whole series.

Oooh, I am so mad at you right now, but I'm more mad at the fact that you're right and all of Boba Fett's badassery is from the EU. It was Dark Horse that made Boba Fett awesome.

imma side with you on this one. kill the nonbeliever!

My fav character has always been the HL version of Dr. Kleiner. For some reason I just had to kill every scientist that had the Kleiner model, don't know why. Must be the annoying voice combined with the glasses.

The guy who's hiding in the dumpster in the beginning of hl1.

Lamarr. Definitely Lamarr.

...and maybe Dog, Barney, and the guy who keeps muttering "they're always departing, but they never arrive."

I'd add Odessa Cubbage, but then I think at least most of you would have to kill me! :LOL:

1- G-Man - "Time to choosssse, missster Freeman..." what more do you want from this well orchastrated character?
2- Gordon Freeman - An MIT physicist who has a strange familiarity with firearms, and the strange habit of carying a crapload of weapon in a tight, orange Hazmat suit.
3- Gordon Frohman - Comes right after Freeman, but just. His antics are just too much.
4- Adrian Shephard - A silent 'civil servant' (G-Man) who was just trying to do his job.
5- Alyx Vance - The new way to inplement female characters in games not as sex symbols. I love her cheerful smile and handiness with a gun.

I would have to say Barney,just from all his little jokes, like the one about the cat in HL2

Gordon Freeman.
He's a sadistic bastard who gets away with everything.

So difficult, since they're all awesome...

1) Dog
2) Alyx
3) Barney
4) Magnusson (his arrogance always makes me laugh)

I can't pick one because I love all of them. Well... maybe not all of them. I'm kind of indifferent to Judith Mossman and Eli.

Back