HL2 Mapping and Modding Site

deltron zero

Reaction score
I'm concidering making a Half-Life 2 mapping and modding site with tutorials to help people make maps and mods (obviously). I have a ton of webspace, and looking to see if anyone is interested in this project or is currently working on a similar project. Let me know.

-DZ

I wouldnt, but it sounds cool. You should call it like HL2turorial.net or sum'm

Anytime I'm looking to learn a new procedure or a new program I usualy check to see if there are some downloadable tutorials. When I find sites that have sections dedicated to tuts I apreciate it VERY VERY much! Your effort will be greatly apreciated.

I used to be l33t at Hammer, not ive just wasted it, so yeah, I need a good tutorial to get me back on track :D

What sort of help do you need?

I can design and code in HTML/PHP and I've made tons of sites that rely heavily on database stuff.

great idea, i love tutorial sites, the best way of getting up to speed on the basics of a new program, yeah go for it!

If anyone is serious about working on a site like this email me at [email protected] and tell how you could contribute. Please include any links to sites you work on or have worked on, or anything that would be useful.

-DZ

In addition to a tutotial site, I'm concidering Mod and Map hosting also.

-DZ

these sites are popping out off the ground like mall santa's @ christmas

Halflife2.net will soon have its own dedicated modding/editing section. If you're interested in helping to write or maintain this section give me a shout. If not I offer hosting to any HL2 related site :)

Me and Aik0n are working on it. We have the design done and the coding is around 50-80% (Im been working for some days so i dont know...still working)

It will be called .Dev and hosted by the halflife2.net (as dev.halflife2.net)

We got it under control :)

< iko0n stopped with the project, you want to take over? well catch me on the forums, i am 'iko0n' >

not anymore i guess...

Originally posted by Fisheye
< iko0n stopped with the project, you want to take over? well catch me on the forums, i am 'iko0n' >

not anymore i guess...

Who said that? Ive been working for 5 days now (will come home tomorrow) so i havent talked to aik0n for a while, but i trust him and i hope that the thing you say is wrong.

Maybe Aik0n can comment this?

Well either way it's a cool idea and I wish you the best of luck with it....:) tutorials would definatly help the community in general

And i think its a little crazy to give it up after so much coding. Well...ill find out tomorrow :)

@ Majestic

« iko0n stopped with the project, loque has taken over.Catch me on the forums, i am 'iko0n' »

check IRC channel if you don't believe me :/

Originally posted by deltron zero
I have a ton of webspace, and looking to see if anyone is interested in this project or is currently working on a similar project. Let me know.

Yes, but just the mapping end of Half-Life 2. A team of five others and myself have registered our domain and setup hosting with Half-Life Organization. We are expecting the site to be up and running within a few weeks.

If you're interesting in helping out you can contact me at [email protected] or find me in #HL2Mapping on Gamesnet.

yes I stopped it,

but maybe I gonna puck it up again,
give me 2 days and then I will c how much time I can put in it.

The site code is already done for 40%

Will inform you soon

Think your site will be a great succes if u would finish it

I was going to post a thread asking where to find sites that help newb programmers like myself to mod HL. Then I found this so I'll just wait for your site Majestic.

as i wrote in a other thread:

"Everything about moding for the HL2 site. Not only coding, everything. Each member will get his/her own profile that you can upload work and write about yourself and what you been doing. Just like a portfolio.

The site will be like a wiki. Members can submit tutorials/articles, so it will be a large database with info.

Mods will have its own profiles and we will also be able to host modteams.

It will be a site made by developers for developers, not for kids yelling "I need a coder for my mod!!!1" Its a site that you can help people out."

Its not sure if aik0n will join the team again, we will see tomorrow. I really hope he do.

If not, we´ll get the code so we can start working from there (but it will take alittle longer)

But it will be up there....sooner or later :)

Back