HL2.net Invades our Glorious Capital - The Pitch

HL2.net Hootenanny?

• Mine's a pint.

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • No thanks mate, I'm driving.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • No thanks mate, I'm driving...from America (i.e. "No" for travel reasons)

Votes: 52 50.5%

• Total voters
HE DOES NOT LIVE IN SAWBRIDGEWORTH. He might like to think it, his address may say it, but HE DOES NOT live just across the park from me. No way, not at all.

Ahem, anyways, I did humour me to see that he was listed as living in Essex at first which is rather more appropriate than the actual Hertfordshire location. :p

Ok, actually I find it quite fun. Great line for starting conversations ... "oh btw, I live about 500m from one of the world's most famous people"

EDIT: I lie. I AM David Beckham.

He used to live right near me, his house family house is only a few minutes away from me. No one talks of it though cos its a long time ago, and our latest offering to the world was BLAZIN SQUAD, we are so cool here in south east London.

Zerimski said:
Because what would be the use of me organising something I couldn't attend?
he means if someone could organize a stateside one while you organize a european one

I'm in the same place as Marksman.

Although I've just had a train through London today and back(expenses paid), and it exhausted me. I'd like to go, but it's expensive. Maybe if I'm down there on the off chance or something or if I'm living there in the near future.

ok WHEN can this happen? Summer time too soon for people? Kinda be best for the high amount of people here who have school/college or university i guess?
Or is that too soon to organise?
Think about these things or progress won't be made :rolleyes:

Start a donation drive for teh crazy parties with food and poppycorn.

Summer would be good for me but everyone else has to travel and i guess it takes more organisation when you've further to go. Could go for a Christmas thing.

oldagerocker said:
Summer would be good for me but everyone else has to travel and i guess it takes more organisation when you've further to go. Could go for a Christmas thing.

Christmas thing could be interesting...

Let's get everyone's opinion. Summer or Winter event? :)

Summer.
And no offence, but I think people would rather spend Christmas and the time around it with their family.
Although Halflife2.net is like one biiiig family. Aww.
Group hug!

I'd love to come, but PLEASE after september, since I'm having my equivalent of your A-Levels, or something like that. A series of big exams in september. AND I turn 18 at the end of August :p

Count me in. I live in Brighton too, think the LAN arena would be a good idea since so many of us are under-age (like me).

I'd swear I've already posted in this thread. 0.o

Sulkdodds said:
Count me in. I live in Brighton too, think the LAN arena would be a good idea since so many of us are under-age (like me).

Boo. I don't want to play games. I want to get clockfaced.

Having a LAN would be fun, I'd definately go to one of those (if I can drag a mate along with me I'll be allowed most probably)

One that games in the day and gets wankered in the evening? *goes to get a beer* :p

oldagerocker said:
One that games in the day and gets wankered in the evening? *goes to get a beer* :p

Hmm, that doesn't sound too bad actually.

How about compressing the two into one? Getting drunk in charge of a Mouse and Keyboard?

SHIPPI said:
Having a LAN would be fun, I'd definately go to one of those (if I can drag a mate along with me I'll be allowed most probably)

Only if she's above 20. Attactive. And fancies people who look like Peter Jackson.

Well, this thread's taken quite a bit of reading from start to finish, but I get back off holiday ~22nd July, when I'll come back an official* adult

*official being the very, very operative word here.

I know that the CSS clan had planned on meeting up August time, so maybe they're plans could mix with yours. I wouldn't mind coming either, I'll update the map and would probably end up getting the same train as Feath, if he's from 'boro. Mighty Thirsk is one stop down the line :)

Oh, and I think we should all get Halflife2.net T-shirts to wear. Its either that or I'll embarass you all by wearing my bright red, floral, imported from America, 100% (honest!) silk shirt. A shirt that got me hugged by a random guy last friday, and had people comment on how wonderful my dress sense was. :D

Sulkdodds said:

Ah nice, a staff member living 20 minutes away.

Come put the tea on mate.

Munro said:

Surely you already knew that though :)

Gonna pop along you reckon?

We need to all get T-shirts with our avatars and names on them.

Sulkdodds said:
I can see them animated T-shirts now. :E

not a bad idea sulk, people quite often where their nicks on their t-shirts at multiplay. helps abit.

Or just be cheap and tape a piece of paper on to your back.

We've got an online store for sourceball (not trying to advertise here, honest;) ) and there's the usual stuff, but also available are Sourceball official thongs. Now that's ID. Going round London in an SB thong and gaudy red shirt. Mind you, it is london so that wouldn't be out of the ordinary, except I'm not exactly a model and when people make fasion statements such as that, they're not likely to be packing pubic hair. Unless its Peaches.

Run sulks! Whilst you can...

Omg whoever makes me a noo noo shirt will be teh hero :p I don't care If I can't come if I get one of those

Sulkdodds said:

I like the idea. Anyone here know any good places on the web to get them done? :D

deffo - sometime in the summer would be great - finished my exams yesterday and now have 4 months off before my second year :)

I edited the map but now its too big to post!?

Anyways i'm in a little place not far from T.Wells (where the heffalumps live) so Brighton is good for me. London could also work.

I say lan + boozy nightlife = :D

I'd come, but it'd be interesting explaining my whereabouts to family and friends...

"Oh no I can't tonight, I'm meeting some friends. Who? Oh, some folks I know from the internet. What!? Don't look at me like that."

I got a reaction of nervous laughter from even my best friend when I explained who introduced me to The Postal Service. F*ckit - cheers for that intro, Comrade :)

pff you suck, you LIVE in London :p. Just say you off with your invisible friends

Yeah, you can just say "I'm off down the shops".

Back