HL2 Rag-doll demo (and Hello!)

B

Bennus

Yes, as the title may suggest, I'm new here, but not new to HL of the rising phenonamen (sp?) of HL2.

I'm a regular at PC Gamer forums (just like Bilko and Painlord :) )

It really goes without saying that i'm immensly excited about Half-Life 2 (not exactly unique thing to say on this forum is it?)

But anyways, few days ago Half-Life Gaming posted a link to a ragdoll demo, using Havok 2 - the physics engine for HL2.
I didn't see any previous posts linking this, but I apologise if there is

Havok 2 Rag-doll Demo

Thank you and good night.

I welcome you to the HL2 forums, its a really friendly place, probably the most friendly forums ever IMO...lol

And that link's been posted here before, and its old now :(

THanks for the welcome. I used to post at www.hl2forum.com but thats pretty dead now :(

Sorry about the old link, still pretty good demo though.

Does anyone know of any links to download a trial version od Macromedia Director thing, i know you have to buy it to use the full-version but obviously i don't want to do that.

Yeah. I also happen to be from the PCG Forums and am currently downloading the developer interview from a non-GameSpot source :D

Originally posted by simmo2k3
I welcome you to the HL2 forums, its a really friendly place, probably the most friendly forums ever IMO...lol

And that link's been posted here before, and its old now :(

Friendly my as...uh I mean yeah this a great place to come to.
I have to say this is probably one of the nicer forums I've been to.

Run while you still have a chance

IT'S A SHOCKWAVE GAME FOR GODS SAKE OF CORSE ITS NOT AS GOOD AS A GAME THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON FOR LIKE 5 YEARS!!!

:bounce:

Yah the skeleton does slide around way to much. He sits on on of the stairs then slowy slides down. Pretty gay, I hope its different in HL2.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by skogum!
IT'S A SHOCKWAVE GAME FOR GODS SAKE OF CORSE ITS NOT AS GOOD AS A GAME THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON FOR LIKE 5 YEARS!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need a new keyboard. Cuz it seems your capslock key is broken, PAL.

:cheers: Cheers on that Thugenstien.

I really do need a new keyboard...:cheese:

:bounce:

[sarcasm]:flame: Snafu....what did we sat about keyboards.... :flame: [/sarcasm]

GOD.. you guys really SUCK.. anyway.. welcome to the forums bennus

Re: Re: HL2 Rag-doll demo (and Hello!)

Originally posted by THU9EN5TE1N
Yeah speaking of this ragdoll demo.

I just hope HL2 wont use this ragdoll code because its very bad, its like hitman2's ragdolls. The problem with these ragdolls is that the slide too much and are too flexible. Like when the skeleton falls on the stairs and supposedly stops moving, he still slowly slides and then continues falling down the steps. Thats very gay. Also the amount of flexability its got is too much. I noticed HL2 actually has limits to the flexability and they dont slide like that which is good. Like when he blows up the two guys on that street sequence with the HE grenades and the guy flies up and hits the car thats done well.

You apparently missed the part where it mentions that Valve has heavily modified the Havok physics code. It's going to be many times better and smoother than that.

Bennus

Welcome to the forums m8..
Ive acctualy been on the HaVok Ragdoll thing before, But its always good to have another look ;)

ragdoll is pretty cool, but that's just a shockwave thing so don't worry about how bad it is :)

Back