HL2 Special/gold edition?

Cleric

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if there will be a gold or special edition of HL2 being released at the same time as the normal one?

and if there is what will it have in it??

:bounce:

Supposedly there will be but it hasnt been announce and neither has the conents of the box

Far Left

Attachments

• hl2_boxes.jpg
    hl2_boxes.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 402
Actually, it has been said that there will be a limited edition, but you're right... no word on what special items it'll include.
By the way, we noticed in the Half-Life 2 E3 demo room some mock-ups of the game's retail boxes. We asked Johnson about this and he confirmed that Half-Life 2 will have several collectible game boxes when it comes out, with images of Freeman, the G-Man, the new character Alyx and a special silver box that will apparently be a limited edition with some as yet unrevealed special items.
Source: HomeLan Fed

where did you get those from?

I want some massive ass box set. Id pay $200 for it. (australian)

I really really really

REALLY

wish theyd include some kind of strudy plastic crowbar with the game pack.

Or at least a shirt ffs. I still wear my nice JK2 one. That is, under heavy jackets when i can guarentee the jacket will not come off that nite. Say what you will about 'being who you are' chicks just dont want to see that nerd shit.

lol urseus totally right...i use to have a global ops shirt but then i was like **** this im just wearing this at home, never in public...i mean im not embaressed to say sure i play games but im not going to wear that shit around town, screw it....i got style people....lacoste, banana republic, polo, pacsun, jcrew, american eagle.

Woah, G-Man's eyes on the box look like they have laser beams coming out or something :borg:

I want a free crowbar just like in the game with the special edition box!

and a inflatable alien so you can use your crowbar on something!

Yeah that would go well with a crowbar.

"Take this inflatable alien!"

PCHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

"aww man that cost me 50 bucks."

Originally posted by tokin
lol urseus totally right...i use to have a global ops shirt but then i was like **** this im just wearing this at home, never in public...i mean im not embaressed to say sure i play games but im not going to wear that shit around town, screw it....i got style people....lacoste, banana republic, polo, pacsun, jcrew, american eagle.

I would wear a HL shirt if it had just a small lambda logo on it; if it had gordon wacking headcrabs with his crowbar then probably no :)

It should come with a shirt... i want a plain black with white lambda on the back... but if its front ill just wear it backwards ^_^

A crowbar? Oh yeah give the game police something to go with :D "Mum I'm killing an evil alien from ZEN!!!" "Leave your sister alone billy..."

Originally posted by urseus
Yeah that would go well with a crowbar.

"Take this inflatable alien!"

PCHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

"aww man that cost me 50 bucks."

Originally posted by Bad^Hat
A crowbar? Oh yeah give the game police something to go with :D "Mum I'm killing an evil alien from ZEN!!!" "Leave your sister alone billy..."

LMFAO...Thats hilarious crap. I can see someone doing both of those too.

yeah that would be tyte if the special box for hl2 came with a white tshirt or black tshirt with alittle lambda sign...

Yea, a simple black shirt with the HL2 logo would nice, atleast that would be wearable in public. As far as an additional disc, I'm guess it would include something like concept sketches, The making of HL2 video, concept sketches of HL3, etc,...

Other awesome stuff that it should it come with...
- Gordon's glasses
- Combine Mask
- Alyx blow-updoll :naughty: :LOL:

Id want a blow up white haired doctor i think. When you hit him he goes AARRP

Originally posted by Bad^Hat
It should come with a shirt... i want a plain black with white lambda on the back... but if its front ill just wear it backwards ^_^
Would that really be smart?
I mean... not many people would make the lambda -> Half-life connection... most people would just mistake you for an open out homosexual :cheese:

Why did they have to use lambda as their sign... whats wrong with omega, alfa, zeta or something... ;(

And guys... about the inflatable alien... that's just sick :dork:

I was completely oblivious of it too, and would probably stayed that way if no-one had pointed it out to me.
So I googled some and found some info about it.
As I understand it, it was an organization called "New York Gay Activists Alliance" who started to use lambda as a symbol for their movement in the early seventies.
And nowadays its used by homosexuals worldwide...

http://www.enqueue.com/ria/miscellaneous.html

ofcourse...
homosexuals who like half-life wont have any trouble with this...
but for the rest of us... it can be an issue.

Back